Rise of AI Global Mod updated to v2.3

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Rise of AI Global Mod updated to v2.3

Post by rbodleyscott »

Version 2.3 of roguedjack's excellent AI mod (fully compatible with FOG2 v1.5.18) is now available for in-game download.

(The following are the notes for the original Global version. See later in thread for v2.3 changelog)
RISE OF AI 2.0 GLOBAL MOD
by roguedjack
for FOG2 1.2.5

OVERVIEW
This is a major update of Rise Of AI and is now in global mod format.
Major changes have been made to the strategy, deployment and understanding/use of terrain by the AI.
When enabled as a global mod, all battles you play will use Rise of AI for the AI.

HOW TO ENABLE AND USE AS GLOBAL MOD
Ingame, click on the spinning arrows to the bottom left of the main screen to go the "Global Mods" screen, select "Rise Of AI 2.0 Global" then click "Accept". To disable, select "No Mod Set" or any other global mod you might have installed.
If enabled correctly it will say "Using mod: Rise Of AI v2.0 Global" on the main screen.
While enabled, all battles you play (custom, campaign battles, epic battles, quick battles...) will use Rise Of AI for the AI opponent.
Epic Battles and some other user content might cause some problems, see below in the compatibility section.
You don't need to keep or use the previous versions of Rise Of AI (campaign and custom battles). You can delete them.

COMPATIBILITY
* DLCs
Fully compatible with Immortal Fire and Legions Triumphant DLCs.

* User content
Compatible with all campaigns and custom battles content that do not modify the same files as this mod. This means it should be compatible with the vast majority of them.
I tested popular mods TableTop (TT Mod) and Silk Road v1.2, both custom battles and campaigns, and at the time of writing this they worked fine.

* Epic Battles
I advise not to enable Rise Of AI when playing Epic Battles.
Some Epic Battles have scripted strategies for the AI or exotic deployments that will overrule, conflict with or confuse Rise Of AI.

* Multiplayer
Do not enable Rise Of AI while playing multiplayer. It may cause bugs and crashes.

CHANGES
- Rewrote almost entirely Masterplan (AI strategy). Lots of new stuff, I won't tell so you get the surprise :p
- Several changes and additions to AI deployment logic.
- Modified AI logic for assignement of additional generals.
- Player AutoDeploy now use vanilla AI instead of Rise Of AI deployment as to not give hints on how your AI opponent will deploy.
- New additions to target rating to be more reactive to flanking threats and generally be better at supporting.
- Bug fixes for bugs introduced in previous version such as shooters getting too close to their target for no good reason and fragmented units still getting into trouble.
- Increased AI passes from 2 to 4 but optimized so it doesn't take make AI turns too long.
- Improved shooters destination logic.
- Lights more willing to charge if it makes sense.
- Modified lights withdraw logic.
- Internally added a bunch of new code to manage strategy, teams and terrain.
- And a number of other minor changes.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Sometimes when the AI turns a unit the camera will not move to focus on the unit.
This happens when the AI wants to tidy up a formation and change its facing. It will turn several units of the same formation one by one, but the camera won't move to show you that. This might be a bit annoying for players that play zoomed in but its no big issue.
Richard Bodley Scott

SteveD64
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Rise of AI Mod goes Global!

Post by SteveD64 »

Nice, thanks for this!
PaulWRoberts
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by PaulWRoberts »

I don't think I understand. I don't see any "spinning arrows" on my main screen.

Could someone post a screenshot?

[EDIT:] Ah, now I see. It appears on the main screen after a restart with the mod enabled.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

PaulWRoberts wrote:I don't think I understand. I don't see any "spinning arrows" on my main screen.
He means the button in the bottom left-hand corner. The arrows don't actually spin.
Richard Bodley Scott

simpleninja
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by simpleninja »

Great news man, I will be starting my TT campaign with it tonight!
z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

Could you tell me how to delete a mod?
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

z1812z wrote:Could you tell me how to delete a mod?
If you mean a global mod, you will find it in /Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/Mods
Richard Bodley Scott

z1812z
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by z1812z »

rbodleyscott wrote:
z1812z wrote:Could you tell me how to delete a mod?
If you mean a global mod, you will find it in /Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/Mods
Thank you for your reply.
roguedjack

Post by roguedjack »

Hi all,

I'll work on an quick compatibility update of the mod for Fog2 latest patch 1.3.9 and Age Of Belisarius. In the meantime I recommend disabling the mod and playing with vanilla AI.
If you have any feedback on the mod feel free to post.
"Rise Of AI" AI mod for Field Of Glory II
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=102040
rhewett01
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by rhewett01 »

I was, momentarily, alarmed by the error messages and it took me a few minutes to realise it was the global AI mod where the incompatibility lay, only then did I see this posting. Many thanks in advance for the fix and for the mod generally which I enjoy and always use.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

v2.1 of the Rise of AI Global mod is now available for in-game download.

The only changes are compatibility changes to allow the mod to work with v1.3.9 of the main game.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: roguedjack's AI overhaul mod

Post by rbodleyscott »

Updated:

Latest version, 2.2 is now available for in-game download.
RISE OF AI 2.2 GLOBAL MOD
by roguedjack
for FOG2 1.4.7

- Compatibility update for Fog2 1.4.7
- Masterplan: fixed most cases of cavalry wings bumping into their infantry centre when following them.

HOW TO ENABLE AND USE AS GLOBAL MOD
Ingame, click on the icon on the bottom left of the main screen to go the "Global Mods" screen, select "Rise Of AI 2.2 Global" then click "Accept". To disable, select "No Mod Set" or any other global mod you might have installed.
If enabled correctly it will say "Using mod: Rise Of AI v2.1 Global" on the main screen.
While enabled, all battles you play (custom, campaign battles, epic battles, quick battles...) will use Rise Of AI for the AI opponent.
Epic Battles and some other user contents might cause some problems, see below in the compatibility section.
You don't need to keep or use the previous versions of Rise Of AI (campaign and custom battles). You can delete them.

COMPATIBILITY
* DLCs
Fully compatible with Immortal Fire, Legions Triumphant, Age Of Belisarius and Rise Of Persia DLCs.

* User content
Compatible with all campaigns and custom battles content that do not modify the same files as this mod. This means it should be compatible with the vast majority of them.

* Epic Battles
I advise not to enable Rise Of AI when playing Epic Battles.
Some Epic Battles have scripted strategies for the AI or exotic deployments that will overrule, conflict with or confuse Rise Of AI.

* Multiplayer
Do not enable Rise Of AI while playing multiplayer. It may cause bugs and crashes.

KNOWN ISSUES
- Sometimes when the AI turns a unit the camera will not move to focus on the unit.
This happens when the AI wants to tidy up a formation and change its facing. It will turn several units of the same formation one by one, but the camera won't move to show you that. This might be a bit annoying for players that play zoomed in but its no big issue.
Richard Bodley Scott

BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BornGinger »

I tried to use this mod in 1.5.12 but got an error message. It needs to be updated to work correctly with the latest version of the game.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

BornGinger wrote: Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:50 pm I tried to use this mod in 1.5.12 but got an error message. It needs to be updated to work correctly with the latest version of the game.
I think you are using an old version of the mod. The current version (2.2) does not give that error.
Richard Bodley Scott

BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BornGinger »

All rightie, then. I haven't been online with my game laptop for a long while and haven't seen any info in the forum about a new version of the mod. Will bring my game laptop to the library for an update then.

Thanks.
roguedjack

Post by roguedjack »

IIRC 2.2 doesn't crash with 1.5.12, you can play with it, but it does not handle new features like allies and Field Of Glory Empire battles 100% correctly.

A new version of my mod (2.3) is basically done and will be available when the next FoG patch gets out of beta.
"Rise Of AI" AI mod for Field Of Glory II
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=477&t=102040
BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by BornGinger »

Allright. I'll wait with bringing my laptop to the library til then.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Rise of AI Mod goes Global! Updated to v2.3

Post by rbodleyscott »

RISE of AI Mod has now been updated by roguedjack to v2.3 - it can be downloaded using the in-game system.

This is fully compatible with v1.5.18 of FOG2.

The main changes are:
1) Code added to deter AI units from moving into positions where they will block a friendly unit's fallback. (As per recent vanilla versions).
2) Further weighting of AI units' sequence of activation to encourage them defer flank charges until after friends have frontally charged the enemy unit. (Similar to vanilla version, but done in a different way for consistency with the way that "RISE of AI" works already).
3) Some rebalancing of existing logic.
Richard Bodley Scott

BornGinger
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Rise of AI Global Mod updated to v2.3

Post by BornGinger »

If this mod is found in "Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/Mods", wouldn't it be possible to download the mod from outside the game and then copy the files into the directory above like we can do with the TT-mod and the patches?

I have no internet at home and would find it easier to download the files for this mod from outside the game with my phone while at work, in the library or somewhere else where I can find wifi.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Rise of AI Global Mod updated to v2.3

Post by rbodleyscott »

BornGinger wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 10:33 am If this mod is found in "Documents/My Games/FieldofGlory2/Mods", wouldn't it be possible to download the mod from outside the game and then copy the files into the directory above like we can do with the TT-mod and the patches?

I have no internet at home and would find it easier to download the files for this mod from outside the game with my phone while at work, in the library or somewhere else where I can find wifi.
Because it is such a small .zip file, it seems I can add it here as an attachment. It does indeed go in that directory.

RISE_OF_AI_V2.3_GLOBAL.zip
(219.98 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”