420 AD Grand Campaign

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: 420 AD Grand Campaign

Post by klayeckles »

ok...battle is up for the battle of the arachiosa (thats not right, but it won't matter soon enough.
kushans vs parthians
pw concubine
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

Hi all!

I've edited the rules clarifying that there are no house rules in force about the Remove the Head battles and inserting the new set of instructions for the Hunnic, Hephtalites and Sassanid option of forcing an opponent to play a Baggage Train battle.

Moreover, in order to give a bit of comprehensive ancient flavour, I've also foreseen the possibility of resolving an amphibious attack with a "Mare Nostrum" naval battle, if both players agree and here is the related paragraph (by the way it would be interesting to know if someone has bought this game).

Naval Battles
If both players owns "Mare Nostrum" they can agree to directly resolve an amphibious attack with a naval battle, set on large size, with the defender selecting the map and the wind. The winner will conquer or retain the ownership of the targeted province (save the effects of fortifications) while, in the case of a draw, the attacker will have to retreat.
The effects of a naval battle are the same of a land battle, with the only difference that the future fleet size won't be influenced by a victory or a loss and that a loss will involve the destruction of the fleet.
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

At the end of a tense and bloody battle the Romans were able to repel the Palmyran attack in Syria with a result of 38% vs 48%. :D

The charge of the Palmyran superior HF and Cataphracts, plus the continuous annoyance of a swarm of light horses put the Roman army on the verge of defeat, which was avoided only thanks to the superior numbers of units, that finally enveloped the enemy and broke their morale.

Thank's to Kabill for such a great match! :wink:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Kabill
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Kabill »

Lysimachos wrote:Thank's to Kabill for such a great match! :wink:
Yeah, was good. I'm starting to see how I could have won as well - I thought I would be able you beat you with my infantry while holding you with my cavalry, but I should have actually reversed that and held with my infantry while winning on the flank (which I more or less did, but because I committed my infantry too quickly you were able to get the upper hand there before I could capitalise on the advantage of my cavalry). So, lesson learned.
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

A final picture of the Roman vs Palmyran encounter in Syria.
The dark green line shows the position held by the Palmyrene HF.
The light green line shows the position held by the Palmyrene Cats.
The red arrows show the line of the main Roman attack.
The orange arrows show the flanking movement of the enveloping units.
Attachments
FIELDOFGLORY2 2018-04-26 20-23-50-76.png
FIELDOFGLORY2 2018-04-26 20-23-50-76.png (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2485 times
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

The Vandals repulse the dastardly Roman amphibious assault of Trinacria 58-23.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

The Vandals behaved as their name suggest, charging crazily into the Roman line, disrupting, fragmenting and finally annihilating three central units, so creating a hole through which their army swept the enemy aside ...

The beaten Consul is fleeing toward Rome where he will leave his command to another commander, possibly more experienced and skilfull ... :cry:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

TheGrayMouser wrote:The Vandals repulse the dastardly Roman amphibious assault of Trinacria 58-23.
To be clear the battle ended at the start of the last turn, before TGM moved his units, because, having been no rally of routing Roman units, the victory was already achieved with a result of 45-23.
In other words there was no need to make any movement.
Different would have been if, having rallied one Roman unit at the beginning of the Vandal turn, the result would have become, for example 42-23.
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

The second Roman Consul repulsed a Visigothic (Germanic foot tribes) attack in Tarraconensis, saving the populace from the robberies and pillaging of this horde of barbarians.

Let thank the Gods with chants and dances! :D
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Unfortunately Cunningcairn had to retire from the campaign and has been substituted by AlexDetrojan.

In order to continue the campaign and give the new player a chance of participate in the first turn it would necessary to understand at what stage was arrived the hunnic-dacian battle with Kabill ...
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Kabill

Post by Kabill »

The Huns were defeated by the Dacians in a close-fought battle (I don't recall the exact figure but it was something like 46-38 or similar - I can check the final turn replay if you need me to). I'd been expecting Cunningcairn to report, hence why I'd not posted, but this would explain why there hadn't been anything. Sorry to hear they have left the game.
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

OK Lysimachos, thanks for letting me join. At this point what are my options on my turn?
Cheers
Alex
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

AlexDetrojan wrote:OK Lysimachos, thanks for letting me join. At this point what are my options on my turn?
Cheers
Alex
Hi Alex,
given the fact that the attack vs the province of Hystria has already been solved, the hunnic player has already finished his first turn with the moves originally done by Cunningcairn.
So you just have to wait the second turn, when all the options and actions will be available on your disposal.

Before starting the next turn, though, we have to finish the ongoing:
- Hephtalites attack of hidde from Fergana to Paropamisus,
- Vandal attack of TheGrayMouser from Africa to Numidia,
- Kushan attack of klayeckles from Sattagidia to Arachosia.

The last one will be soon closed with a resounding victory of the Kushans.
Any news about the two other battles, Generals?
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

A battle vs hordes of light foot/horse will never be quick. The heavies have Engaged so perhaps 70% completed...
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

Hephtalites attack of hidde from Fergana to Paropamisus should soon be over.
I can add that the Hephtalites have lousy archers.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

hidde wrote:Hephtalites attack of hidde from Fergana to Paropamisus should soon be over.
:shock: :shock: :o :o :lol: :lol:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

Lysimachos wrote:
hidde wrote:Hephtalites attack of hidde from Fergana to Paropamisus should soon be over.
:shock: :shock: :o :o :lol: :lol:
yes, the Kushans proved to be much better archers (it was actually quite comical, with the dice being loaded for Kush).
So the Kushans repell the Hephtalite invasion, and retain control of their ancestral homeland (hoping that they learned a valuable lesson about archery... when picking a target to shoot at, make sure that target isn't a kushan with a bow!)
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

Meanwhile, the Kushan King invaded ARC with his royal army...facing a palmyran style army . the sky was thick with arrows, at times blotting out the sun....but the kushan archers, followed up with the royal cataphracts slowly gnawed away at the palmyrans and soon had numerical advantages in the center and one flank...soon the Kushans had routed the host,and recaptured the ARC lands, which once belonged to the king's great great second uncle's daughter's boyfriend's cousin...clearly he was justified in retaking this land of his ancestors.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

klayeckles wrote:Meanwhile, the Kushan King invaded ARC with his royal army...facing a palmyran style army . the sky was thick with arrows, at times blotting out the sun....but the kushan archers, followed up with the royal cataphracts slowly gnawed away at the palmyrans and soon had numerical advantages in the center and one flank...soon the Kushans had routed the host,and recaptured the ARC lands, which once belonged to the king's great great second uncle's daughter's boyfriend's cousin...clearly he was justified in retaking this land of his ancestors.
Which means that after the conclusion of the Vandal attack in NUmidia the first turn will be finished ...
So just start everyone to look forward about the next moves!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

The wily Numidians under lord hiddeus have driven the vandals back.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”