Re: Winners post your result here . . .

Post by klayeckles »

klayeckles (kushan) beat Mikemuc (Macedonians 328) 0-46
IMC
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Post by IMC »

IMC Seleucid (8%) beat Barrold713 (Soissions) (48%).

Thanks for the game. Looks like the pike blocks were just too strong on this occasion.

Ian
u5555
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by u5555 »

u5555 (Romans 425-492AD) 50% beat Breogan (Ancient British 60BC-80AD) 20% 50-20
RagnarOneTooth
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RagnarOneTooth »

Ragnaronetooth (macedon 279-261bc) beat Gamercb Skythian/saka (300bc-50ad) 58 to 31
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: First Round Match status

Post by stockwellpete »

What I will do at 9pm this evening if I still have not heard from simpleninja, temijin and greekiraklis is to remove them from the competition. They have not opened their PM's from me yet. I have one reserve, AlexDetrojan, who is ready to start and I will do a mini-draw to see who is his opponent will be from Kabill, lecrop and keyth. I am down as a reserve but I don't really want to play as I think there will be a number of adjudications in the tournament and it is probably best if I stay neutral.

So just after 9pm tonight I will send out a group PM to as many tournament players I can identify in an effort to recruit two new players. If I can only recruit one extra player, or no extra players by the end of tomorrow, then the players without an opponent will be given a bye into the second round.
nyczar
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by nyczar »

nyczar(Scots-Irish 50BC-476AD) beats ianiow (Gallics 300-101 BC) 62-43
hidde
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by hidde »

hidde (Pyrrhic) beat Stimovsky (Kingdom of Soissons) 24-2 [surrender]
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Tournament diary and news

Post by stockwellpete »

Right, it has just passed the 9pm deadline and I have not heard from temijin, greekiraklis and simpleninja. Therefore they are now removed from the tournament. I have one reserve available at the moment AlexDetrojan and I have three players now without an opponent.

So I have done a mini-draw to see who AlexDetrojan will play and it is . . . Kabill.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

stockwellpete wrote:What I will do at 9pm this evening if I still have not heard from simpleninja, temijin and greekiraklis is to remove them from the competition. They have not opened their PM's from me yet. I have one reserve, AlexDetrojan, who is ready to start and I will do a mini-draw to see who is his opponent will be from Kabill, lecrop and keyth. I am down as a reserve but I don't really want to play as I think there will be a number of adjudications in the tournament and it is probably best if I stay neutral.

So just after 9pm tonight I will send out a group PM to as many tournament players I can identify in an effort to recruit two new players. If I can only recruit one extra player, or no extra players by the end of tomorrow, then the players without an opponent will be given a bye into the second round.
I have done all this now AlexDetrojan will play Kabill and that match is underway now. I am still trying to get opponents for keyth and lecrop and I have sent a recruitment message out to 40+ players this evening.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

gcfl1 and Macedonica have joined the tournament and will play keyth and lecrop respectively. I will be allowing them some extra time if necessary but this will not affect the scheduling of the tournament.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: Tournament diary and news

Post by stockwellpete »

gcfl1 and Macedonica have joined the tournament as replacements for temijin and simpleninja.
lecrop
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Arrange your matches here . . .

Post by lecrop »

lecrop (Ptolemaics 320-167BC) v Macedonica (Romans 285-387AD)

Pwd: Macedonica

PM sent
Lognormus
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Lognormus »

Lognormus (Thracians 350BC-46AD) beat ggarynorman (Palmyran 258- 273AD) 57-27
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Received by PM

GDod (Kingdom of Soissons) beat Sennacherib (Western Huns) 64-41
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: The Discussion thread . . .

Post by Barrold713 »

OK...so Kingdom of Soissons and the Krappodokians...lessons learned.
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

Barrold713 wrote:OK...so Kingdom of Soissons and the Krappodokians...lessons learned.
Libyans next for you! :lol:
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

Barrold713 wrote:OK...so Kingdom of Soissons and the Krappodokians...lessons learned.
Soissons is a decent army. Not top tier but miles better than Kappadokians. They have a moderate but decent set of tools available for you to play with and you can very easily try to use a "go wide/fix and flank" strategy by bulking up on the stupendously cheap Limitaeni and Roman Cavalry. You can then stiffening them up or form an offensive arm with Legio Comatenesis, Auxlia Palatina or Vet Roman Cavalry and Noble Lancers depending on the opponent. Your skirmishing arm isn't the best but its definitely serviceable against most opponents. It will require some skill and knowledge to handle well but it isn't an awful army.

If you are having trouble picking up multiplayer success, then I highly advise that you start playing a lot of Republican Romans because they have a much simpler time of things. Simply have a reasonable deployment, identify the weaker elements of the enemy foot army and send your Veteran Legionaries in and slaughter the opposition. Just support their flanks and you will do ok. Study and pick up on how other players react to these situations you put them in and start incorporating them into your game and then you can start expanding your army selection.
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
Barrold713

Post by Barrold713 »

Thanks Mike, genuinely appreciated. It definitely was not an awful force. I did win a practice game against a Scots/Brits force but lost against German foot tribe badly. The numbers and the the superior Auxlia Palatina were going to be key if the terrain was a lucky draw.
I only had the single KO match against IMC and his Seleucid army. I was guessing some elephants and cataphracts but he selected almost all pike and lances. I had the cavalry and the auxila on my left with the heavy foot center and right. I definitely had the numbers and won the left with a good force able to swing around. However the line just melted on contact with the pikes. I had no chance to fix and flank as nearly every charge disrupted or fragmented my dudes on impact.
It was still fun and IMC was a gracious and friendly opponent. So many great contacts playing this game and I am going to enjoy the next tournament and season 2 of the digital league regardless of my record. I do hope to improve of course.
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

edb1815 (Roman 379-424) beat Trogilus (Pergamene 190-129 BC) 47-20.
markwatson360
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by markwatson360 »

markwatson360 (kushan 130BC -476 AD) beat Asterix von TWC (Romans 197- 284 AD) 49-24

Return to “Knock-out Tournament”