Glory of Persia Tournament!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Glory of Persia Tournament!

Post by Daniele »

Welcome to the Glory of Persia Tournament!

Join the epic clashes between the Persians and their neighbors over eight centuries! 64 warriors are needed for this great adventure, do you have what it takes to become a legend?

Click here to join the Tournament

The Tournament is composed of 3 rounds:

Achaemenid Persians vs Lydians – Mediterranean Agricultural - circa 546 BC

Achaemenid Persians vs Kyrenean Greeks – Middle Eastern Agricultural – circa 343 BC

Sassanid Persians vs Palmyrans – Middle Eastern Agricultural – circa 262 AD

Hurry up!

The first round is set to start on Thursday 10th May

The armies are from Immortal Fire and Legions Triumphant, but you do not need them to play so everyone is invited to join and participate!

The scoring system is as follows:
· If a game runs to the turn limit, each side scores points equal to the enemy % routed at the turn limit. If the game times out, adjustments may be made, depending on how far the game has progressed and who took longer over their turns – see below.
· If one army breaks, the victorious player scores 60 points plus the difference between the enemy % routed and his own % routed. The loser scores points equal to the winner's % routed.

Examples:
1) If Ben defeats Tamas's army, and has inflicted 45% routed on Tamas, and Tamas has inflicted 15% on Ben, Ben will score 60 + (45 – 15) = 90, Tamas will score 15.
2) However, if Ben defeated Tamas’s army by inflicting 62% routed on Tamas, and Tamas had inflicted 56% routed on Ben, Ben would get 60 + (62 – 56) = 66 points, and Tamas would get 56.
3) If the game is unfinished (or it reached the turn limit) with Ben inflicting 20% routed on Tamas, and Tamas inflicting 10% routed on Ben, Ben would score 20, and Tamas would score 10. (Provided that between them they have played at least 24 turns in all – see below).
Note that this system rewards aggressive play over desultory skirmishing. If you rout an enemy unit then hide for the rest of the game, both players will get extremely low scores - lower than if they played hard and lost.

Byes:
If an odd number of players sign up for the tournament, one player will get a bye in each round. In the first round this is random. In subsequent rounds it will be the player with the lowest score. The score for a BYE is 75 points for each game.

Round times and timing out:
Each round will last 14 days.
Any battles that are not completed by the end of the round will be timed out. The player who has had the game in his “My Turns” box the longest overall will be the one who is deemed to be timed out. This will not normally incur any penalties, unless insufficient turns have been played: If the timed-out player has played less than 12 turns, his score will be reduced proportionately, and his opponent will be granted the BYE score if it exceeds his current score. If the timed-out player has played less than 6 turns, he will not be included in the draw for the next round. This is to prevent someone else’s enjoyment being spoiled by being drawn against someone who has apparently dropped out of the tournament.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Glory of Persia Tournament!

Post by Nijis »

Looking forward! Some theme music for the wait.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjRYhi_4lBY
Ludendorf
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by Ludendorf »

I've got a few practice games up if anyone wants to cut their teeth before the tournament.
SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

I appreciate the extension to 14 days, it can be hard to finish in 10 if you have opposite time zones.
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
Okie
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Okie »

How can I join thisTournament as I tried the above and could do nothing??? :( :? :roll: Okie
MikeC_81
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by MikeC_81 »

You gotta sign up right away, these tournaments fill up very fast.
Stratford Scramble Tournament

http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=494&t=99766&p=861093#p861093

FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

I've put a few additional practice games up for the Persians vs Kyreneans phase of the tournament.
SpeedyCM
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by SpeedyCM »

Damn I missed this and I love my Persians :(
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

Two more practice games up for round 2.
Mirek69
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Mirek69 »

Waiting in the hills... Passive tactics should be banned :(
My channel : www.youtube.com/user/Uszatek444/feed
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Mirek69 wrote:Waiting in the hills... Passive tactics should be banned :(
The British detachment at Rorkes Drift would disagree with you.

In all seriousness the best players can demolish any passive position. Try being passive v Pantherboy or Mike C 81 and see how you do :wink:
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

devoncop wrote:
Mirek69 wrote:Waiting in the hills... Passive tactics should be banned :(
The British detachment at Rorkes Drift would disagree with you.

In all seriousness the best players can demolish any passive position. Try being passive v Pantherboy or Mike C 81 and see how you do :wink:
The Persians generally have to use terrain to stand a fighting chance against most hoplite / infantry armies, so why would we want to force people to fight at a significant disadvantage. I also agree with Devoncop, good players will still generally win against passive play.

Return to “Field of Glory II”