420 AD Grand Campaign

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: 420 AD Grand Campaign

Post by Lysimachos »

hidde wrote:Thanks for the answers...seems I have an army well suited for ambush. Can I use the ambush card at this point? :D
Of course.
I've already updated your orders in The Summary taking note of your decision.
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Challenge up for Lysimachos pword: charge

***note, the battle is on a "very wide" map, it appears there is a bug if one tries to set custom points the game "resets" the map width to some default for the point value ( in this case it appears the game feels points over 1600 should be on v wide maps) ... if you click back to change it back to wide, it then deletes the custom point you just changed.... If anyone knows a work around let me know!
Kabill
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Kabill »

TheGrayMouser wrote:Challenge up for Lysimachos pword: charge

***note, the battle is on a "very wide" map, it appears there is a bug if one tries to set custom points the game "resets" the map width to some default for the point value ( in this case it appears the game feels points over 1600 should be on v wide maps) ... if you click back to change it back to wide, it then deletes the custom point you just changed.... If anyone knows a work around let me know!
You can edit the map size in advanced options - that's what I did with our Sassanid/Arab game.
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by klayeckles »

yes, and for those that don't know it, baggage train raids give the defender a slight increase in force size (the wagons i think) of about 10%. and also on the these battles the map is ALWAYS medium (probably because troops come from the sides and the baggage wagons are supposed to get to the otherend of the map, so the map size if fixed for play balance purposes.
Anders....I posted a battle for your ambush in bactria...your force size is set at 1570, and the defenders are at 1760? by defualt. the password is ambush...i suspect we could get that started, or just wait until we get the last moves in.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Maybe it's better you relaunch the challenge with the correct map size using the advanced options.
I'll wait till you give me the go!
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Lysimachos wrote:

Maybe it's better you relaunch the challenge with the correct map size using the advanced options.
I'll wait till you give me the go!
I think you misunderstand, I was using advanced options ( the only way you can use custom points ie 1650 verus 1630)
The problem is once you set the points the game literally changes the default width from wide to very wide... If you change it back to wide it then resets the point s back to 1600/1600!!!
Please try it and if you can get it too work we'll use your challenge:)
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Ok I get it now, you mean change the actual map size parameters on the right to 40x32 instead of using the buttons on the left( I did that once prior and it "didnt take" but now appears to work)

new challenge up , password : charge2
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

still waiting on the Huns?
AlexDetrojan
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Hi. I'm the Huns, sorry for the delay, still trying to figure things out. If I've got it right, my option is spy. If so I'm spying on Dalmatia.
Cheers
Alex
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

AlexDetrojan wrote:Hi. I'm the Huns, sorry for the delay, still trying to figure things out. If I've got it right, my option is spy. If so I'm spying on Dalmatia.
Cheers
Alex
Hi Alex, the Spy is a card that allows you to to steal a card from the hand of another player.
You can play it and then also make 3 actions like erecting buildings of various kind or launching attacks ...
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

AlexDetrojan

Post by AlexDetrojan »

Gotcha, will steal a card then from Roman Player(Eastern?). And attack Dalmatia then.
Cheers
Alex
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

AlexDetrojan wrote:Gotcha, will steal a card then from Roman Player(Eastern?). And attack Dalmatia then.
Cheers
Alex
You can't steal my only card because it has already been stolen by the Vandals.
But you're able to launch a Land Attack against the Romans in Dalmatia.
Just set up the challenge and give me the password, but remember that you have to customize the army size, because your is of 1570 pts. while mine is of 1630 pts. as an effect of the 1st round moves.
If you want you also have two other actions to make (like building architectures to enhance your prestige level or fortifications to defend your provinces and so on ...)
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

i don't think any of the Hunic actions will impact me, so i'll send in my turn now to keep thing moving.

It is good that my subjects provide me with roads and bridges while i recreate with my concubines. I must reward them for their labors. I decree that my subjects shall construct a royal gymnasia that i might enhance my physical image for my subjects. Order my subjects to construct a gymnasia immediately.. (Build gymnasia = 1/2 action)

"Great leader Klay the Omnipotent one, we have urgent news to report! Our enemies are building ramparts! They attempt to encircle us in both Drangiana and Fergana"

This is an outrage! The walls block our view of the mountains, and shade the grasses that sustain our sheep herds. And no permits or approvals were granted. We shall take action... Post a notice in the cellar of the gymnasia, stating that all those still occupying these hostile structures when the Moon reaches full, will be considered squatters. Then dispense with any squatters that remain. Then remove these ramparts. AND notify our Friends the Hephthalites that we shall build a temple near their newly constructed sheep containment walls, that we might pray together for the good health of their herds, and that they not suffer from eating shaded grasses growing on the northern-hephthalite side of their constructed walls. Oh, and Advisor Lysimachos...you were born in the Roman regions correct? I Hear the women of the Armorica Region are beautiful. They must be set free...send tribute to the Freemen of Arvernia to lay waste to the roman Holdings in Armorica and free the women there from the roman occupation. If a contingent of the thankful Armorica women wish to visit the Omnipotent One in a spirit of thanks...so be it. I have spoken.
Build Siege equipment 1/2 action
Advance from Arachosia to Drangiana With Siege equipment 1 action
Build Temple 1 action
Pay for Independent invasion from Arvernia to Armorica 1/2 action
Total: 3.5 actions
Last edited by klayeckles on Thu May 17, 2018 3:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

klayeckles wrote:i don't think any of the Hunic actions will impact me, so i'll send in my turn now to keep thing moving.

It is good that my subjects provide me with roads and bridges while i recreate with my concubines. I must reward them for their labors. I decree that my subjects shall construct a royal gymnasia that i might enhance my physical image for my subjects. Order my subjects to construct a gymnasia immediately.. (Build gymnasia = 1/2 action)

"Great leader Klay the Omnipotent one, we have urgent news to report! Our enemies are building ramparts! They attempt to encircle us in both Drangiana and Fergana"

This is an outrage! The walls block our view of the mountains, and shade the grasses that sustain our sheep herds. And no permits or approvals were granted. We shall take action... Post a notice in the cellar of the gymnasia, stating that all those still occupying these hostile structures when the Moon reaches full, will be considered squatters. Then dispense with any squatters that remain. Then remove these ramparts. I have spoken.
Advance from Paropamisus to Fergana with siege equipment 1 action
Unfortunately the rules in "Mode of Play" states that:
"Every player will be allowed to make how many actions per turn as his finances permit but having no more than one land (or amphibious) attack and one independent or external attack running simultaneously."
So Klay the Omnipotent one has to decide which of the two attacks has to be abandoned and let the walls of one of the ramparts block his view of the mountains and shade the pastures of his sheeps.
May the Gods help him to survive such a dire situation ... :roll:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

Lysimachos wrote:
klayeckles wrote:i don't think any of the Hunic actions will impact me, so i'll send in my turn now to keep thing moving.

This is an outrage! The walls block our view of the mountains, and shade the grasses that sustain our sheep herds. And no permits or approvals were granted. We shall take action... Post a notice in the cellar of the gymnasia, stating that all those still occupying these hostile structures when the Moon reaches full, will be considered squatters. Then dispense with any squatters that remain. Then remove these ramparts. I have spoken.
Advance from Paropamisus to Fergana with siege equipment 1 action
Unfortunately the rules in "Mode of Play" states that:
"Every player will be allowed to make how many actions per turn as his finances permit but having no more than one land (or amphibious) attack and one independent or external attack running simultaneously."
So Klay the Omnipotent one has to decide which of the two attacks has to be abandoned and let the walls of one of the ramparts block his view of the mountains and shade the pastures of his sheeps.
May the Gods help him to survive such a dire situation ... :roll:
Advisor Lysimachos! Do i need to replace your ears with those of an ass? LISTEN to the Omnipotent One...the Hephthalites are our Friends! We don't wish to wage war on them! review my orders, and decrees. (see edits above)
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

a quick note...i will be out of town the next 4 days; if folks want to set up the battles feel free and send me the PW and i'll join when i return.
Also; i encountered some issues with the custom battles...wonder if anyone can help me: when i hit custom, it didn't allow me to change the Force Point increment from "0". thus i couldn't alter the army size. anyone know wht i'm doing wrong?

i think my invasion of sassind area is a 1660 vs 1630 and my indpendent will be 1600 attacking 1630. (Guido, i just wanted to try the saissons army once :wink: )
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

klayeckles wrote:a quick note...i will be out of town the next 4 days; if folks want to set up the battles feel free and send me the PW and i'll join when i return.
Also; i encountered some issues with the custom battles...wonder if anyone can help me: when i hit custom, it didn't allow me to change the Force Point increment from "0". thus i couldn't alter the army size. anyone know wht i'm doing wrong?

i think my invasion of sassind area is a 1660 vs 1630 and my indpendent will be 1600 attacking 1630. (Guido, i just wanted to try the saissons army once :wink: )
About the first issue once RBS told me that it happens when you're still playing an old battle started before the loading the new DLC.
If you play a turn of this battle, then you won't be able to use the new feature.
You just have to close the game and reopen it and everything will be ok.

About the second issue you're right, so the Omnipotent One will avoid cutting my ass ears having no bad news to hear ... :mrgreen:
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Here are the decrees of the Roman Senate:

Build Ramparts in Syria to contain the Sassanid aggressions
Build Ramparts in Tarraconensis to bend the Vandal pride
Build Gymnasia to recreate the population
Build Shrines to honour the Gods that will help us to conquer the world
Attack the Sassanids in Sophene from Syria to stabilize the situation in the Middle East

PW for Kabill: Eagles
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Kabill

Post by Kabill »

Lysimachos wrote:Attack the Sassanids in Sophene from Syria to stabilize the situation in the Middle East
The messenger quails under the stern gaze of the Persian emperor.

"Speak louder," he commands, watching the the sweat bead upon the face of the man before him.

"R-Roman soldiers have been spotted on the march, heading for our Western ter-"

"*MY* territories, worm!" The Persian Emperor roars, hurling a goblet of gold and jewels at the messengers face. "Arrogant, barbaric, heathen Romans *DARE* to invade what is mine by right? Then they shall face the wrath of trunk and arrow, hoof and spear! If war is their intent, then they shall find in it their ruin."

The battle is on! Sorry to be trouble, but I'm going to use my Scout card to select an agricultural (middle eastern) battlefield and roll for a baggage train scenario, so you'll need to cancel the current challenge.
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
Lysimachos

Post by Lysimachos »

Kabill wrote:The battle is on! Sorry to be trouble, but I'm going to use my Scout card to select an agricultural (middle eastern) battlefield and roll for a baggage train scenario, so you'll need to cancel the current challenge.
The dice roll went the right way for the Sassanids with a 6 so it's time for a baggage train battle! :?
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”