The ss too weak

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: The ss too weak

Post by Andy2012 »

@all: I think I let this thread take its course for a bit too long while playtesting the beta.
But now I am correcting this mistake.
Let me be clear: History is fine, discussing units and sources is fine, too. But dont turn this into your personal battleground and begin insulting people. Also, reminding everybody of war crimes is not the best way to keep this civil. Same goes for glorifying the SS.
Use your heads, people. Just because this is the internet it doesnt mean ususal rules of courtesy and politeness do not apply. (And this is about a computer game, still.)
Anyways, act accordingly and carry on. Sandstorm is almost out. Everybody stoked?
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Andy2012 wrote:@all: I think I let this thread take its course for a bit too long while playtesting the beta.
Let me be clear: History is fine, discussing units and sources is fine, too. But dont turn this into your personal battleground and begin insulting people. Also, reminding everybody of war crimes is not the best way to keep this civil. Same goes for glorifying the SS.
Use your heads, people. Just because this is the internet it doesnt mean ususal rules of courtesy and politeness do not apply. (And this is about a computer game, still.)
Anyways, act accordingly and carry on. Sandstorm is almost out. Everybody stoked?
Sandstorm will be a great piece of OoB to play.
Uran and the rest have done a great job, although it could be even more difficult for me. :wink:

I think too much of this Waffen SS here. That is why I wrote a long post where I also described the dark side of this formation, so that we would all be aware of what we are talking about.
I think that I will create a few posts about other elite formations for balance. It may be Japanese marines, British commandos, US rangers, or Soviet assault sappers who went to attack in metal breastplates like medieval knights. 8)
TripleCP
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by TripleCP »

I definitely look forward to Sandstorm (since I was never accepted into the beta) and fortunately have Wednesday off work.
https://www.facebook.com/RussianFront75/
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

Andy2012 wrote:@all: I think I let this thread take its course for a bit too long while playtesting the beta.
This.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Yeah this thread has about run its course, all I was saying is that if an SS Mod was in OOB whose combat stats reflected their fanaticism we could have FUN FUN FUN kicking their butts like the canucks did when they whupped the snot-nosed teenage kids of the Hiter Youth division in Normandy..:)

"Hitlerjugend..launched an attack towards Norrey-en-Bessin, defended by the Regina Rifles of the 7th Canadian Infantry Brigade, 3rd Canadian Division. Their orders were to overrun the Canadians and force a deep wedge between them and the British division to the west.
The attack, launched at 0330 hours, 8 June – had little initial success. The various companies in the attacking Battalion failed to co-ordinate their moves towards the Canadians and, despite high casualties, Canadian artillery and supporting heavy machine guns of the Cameron Highlanders of Ottawa took a heavy toll on each attacking company of SS troops.
The Regina Rifles held their ground and the SS 1st Battalion fell back."
http://military.wikia.com/wiki/12th_SS_ ... tlerjugend

Hey kids, you should have joined the boy scouts instead..:)

Hitler Youth, Nuremburg 1935
Korvessa
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Korvessa »

All I was trying to say was that they weren't all superior combat troops.
Like everyone else, some units were better than others.
Not sure how that was political,
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

@all: I wasnt singling out anyone in particular. The conversation was just drifting into a certain direction which usually results in bad blood.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Yeah, I think this one is done :)

There's plenty of other destinations for people to discuss this! Locking thread.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”