Post by Deja Bru »

[Continuation of previous two posts in this thread]
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (443.18 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Screenshot 7.jpg
Screenshot 7.jpg (455.14 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
Screenshot 8.jpg
Screenshot 8.jpg (495.04 KiB) Viewed 3814 times
This does indeed interrupt the Blitzkrieg campaign because the primary objective of "Destroy 6 Allied ground units" cannot be achieved. As I believe I demonstrated earlier, without all primary objectives achieved in Norway, one cannot finish with either a Minor or Major Victory to be able to move on to Belgium. A Norway scenario Draw leads to Blitzkrieg campaign defeat.
- Bru
shiroronin
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Re: Objective bug - Blitzkrieg camp - Norway scen

Post by shiroronin »

Deja Bru wrote:[Continuation of previous two posts in this thread]
]
This does indeed interrupt the Blitzkrieg campaign because the primary objective of "Destroy 6 Allied ground units" cannot be achieved. As I believe I demonstrated earlier, without all primary objectives achieved in Norway, one cannot finish with either a Minor or Major Victory to be able to move on to Belgium. A Norway scenario Draw leads to Blitzkrieg campaign defeat.

Ain't that REALLY frustrating ? ? ? They broke the working campaign...how that's even possible ?
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Hi,

We'll investigate and get it fixed.

I assume that #igotnukes will still get you past this mission if need be?

Ta
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

Shards wrote:Hi,

We'll investigate and get it fixed.

I assume that #igotnukes will still get you past this mission if need be?

Ta

HC players got their pride :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

The bug in Check Unit Count with Core and no-Core Units was corrected in the last update : "The Editor does not make the difference between Core and no-Core units with Check Unit Count" (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=81022).
It is the fact of having corrected this bug with Core and no-Core Units which would be the cause of this bug.
Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by Deja Bru »

terminator wrote:The bug in Check Unit Count with Core and no-Core Units was corrected in the last update : "The Editor does not make the difference between Core and no-Core units with Check Unit Count" (http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 74&t=81022).
It is the fact of having corrected this bug with Core and no-Core Units which would be the cause of this bug.
Here's somebody who agrees with you: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 81#p725681
- Bru
itkovian1128
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by itkovian1128 »

I have exactly the same problem ... I destroy all English and French units. And the game counted only one and Norwegian.
Of course, you can not pass the campaign by :(.

Please, let me know whether the error has been corrected and whether you have to start the whole campaign from scratch, or only the Norwegian itself, or just load in half the game.

I have game on steam.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

itkovian1128 wrote:Please, let me know whether the error has been corrected and whether you have to start the whole campaign from scratch, or only the Norwegian itself, or just load in half the game.
Depends on the coming update, but in cases like this a simple scenario restart should do the trick. We'll see...
itkovian1128

Post by itkovian1128 »

GabeKnight wrote:
itkovian1128 wrote:Please, let me know whether the error has been corrected and whether you have to start the whole campaign from scratch, or only the Norwegian itself, or just load in half the game.
Depends on the coming update, but in cases like this a simple scenario restart should do the trick. We'll see...
I restarted the Norway uploading the last sav from Warsaw, it did not help, I still do not count the units. It's a thicker case and the worst thing is that it blocks the entire campaign.
captainachab
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by captainachab »

I discovered what causes the bug: the condition "check unit count" accepts only one definition at time. I checked with just "Category" "Land" and it works as expected but if I add "Category" "Naval", with both definitions, it works only for one (Naval).
I'm working at a workaround with a counter and two definitions or using the condition "Kill & Casualties".
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Bug solved. The condition "Kill & Casualties" works as expected and counts all unit types.
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

Great detective work!

We've fixed it in the next patch by repairing the Check Unit Count functionality, but I applaud your work around!
captainachab

Post by captainachab »

Shards wrote:Great detective work!

We've fixed it in the next patch by repairing the Check Unit Count functionality, but I applaud your work around!
Thanks for the appreciation, it's a rare thing nowadays.
itkovian1128

Post by itkovian1128 »

Good Job . I waiting for path.
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

captainachab wrote:

excellent! thanks, hope for a quick official fix 8)
edb1815
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by edb1815 »

Questions from a new OOB player just starting the Norway campaign. If I use the cheat code will my core units get any experience for the Norway scenario? Could I play until the bug appears and then use the cheat code? How does one implement the workaround posted above?

Of course I'd rather play out the whole battle. I just read up on the history before starting it then came here and read about the bug :(

Thanks
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Answers.
edb1815 wrote:Questions from a new OOB player just starting the Norway campaign. If I use the cheat code will my core units get any experience for the Norway scenario? Not if you just blow by the scenario altogether but you ask a great question next about whether your accomplishments and experience earned up until applying the cheat code will be honored. Not sure whether the cheat code wipes out all accomplishments up until that point in the scenario. Could I play until the bug appears and then use the cheat code? As a matter of fact, I would play it all the way through until that is the only objective left that has not been achieved, then apply the cheat code. If you notice whether your core units still come away with earned experience, please let us (me) know. How does one implement the workaround posted above? That is a long story. It involves copying the DLC Blitzkrieg campaign from the program folder to your documents/campaigns folder, then copying the scenarios from within the campaign to your documents/scenarios folder. Then you use the scenario editor to make the change that captainachab discovered (nice work, fella) in the Norway scenario. Then you copy the Norway scenario back to the Blitzkrieg campaign in the program folder. Heh, just giving a brief summary is a long story in itself! You are probably better off applying the cheat code near the end of the scenario or waiting for the patch (at which time, you may need to restart the scenario, if not the campaign).

Of course I'd rather play out the whole battle. I just read up on the history before starting it then came here and read about the bug :( Well, they did promise a patch with a fix for this but when is another matter. :wink:

Thanks
- Bru
Shards
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by Shards »

I believe the cheat code just awards you a minor victory. I would expect that any campaign variables or secondary objectives that you've earned would still be registered
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Shards wrote:I believe the cheat code just awards you a minor victory. I would expect that any campaign variables or secondary objectives that you've earned would still be registered
Yep, I'm quite sure the unit's experience and achieved sec. objectives DO count (up until the point the cheat is applied).
shiroronin

Post by shiroronin »

shiroronin wrote:
captainachab wrote:

excellent! thanks, hope for a quick official fix 8)
NORWAY BUG fixed, thanks. Played today (6.1.8 non-Steam) and there were no problems. :D

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”