Some beginner questions

There is no peace among the stars: the Imperium of Man is beset on all sides by all kinds of threats. Among them is the Orks, a barbaric and warlike xeno race. One of their fiercest leaders, Grukk Face-Rippa, leads his Red Waaagh! in the Sanctus Reach system...
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Some beginner questions

Post by Gunja »

Hi,

I recently started to try out Sanctus Reach and so far I really like it. I have a couple of questions, to which I couldn´t find the answer in the manual or on the forum. Maybe one of the experienced players could help me out?

1. Higher ground - the manual speaks of higher ground as a tactical advantage but does not really specify, if it means only a better line of sight or also something else?
2. Experience - is the advantage of experience only the gaining of abilities or does the stats also improve?
3. If I loose a unit, it will be replaced with the same experience level, right? The manual says, that afterwards that unit cannot gain an ability. Does that main in the whole campaign or only in the scenario the unit was lost. If in the whole campaign, who do I know, that the unit was reformed at some point?
4. Sometimes in the combat prediction you will find something like 60 (-20) for power or amor peircing, is this a range penalty or something else?
5. Is there any place, where you can find the exact way combat resolution is calculated? EDIT: There I found the damage calculator.

Sorry, if something has been answered before and I have just been unable to find it.
apostrophefz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Some beginner questions

Post by apostrophefz »

I'd like to add one:

6. What does rough terrain do exactly?
Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Post by Parallax »

apostrophefz wrote:6. What does rough terrain do exactly?
Cost more points to move through i think
apostrophefz
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by apostrophefz »

Parallax wrote:
apostrophefz wrote:6. What does rough terrain do exactly?
Cost more points to move through i think
No debuff in defense or anything like that?
Fosil
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Fosil »

1. I think there is only some LoS advantages like hiding units behind a hill. I don't think there is an accuracy buff and I don't think you have increased vision at elevated terrain tiles.
2. only abilities, although some improve stats.
3. you lose all experience you got on the map where the unit died. but since you can level up an unit on the map since several patches ago, you will probably keep the level up now.
4. yup, that's a weapon specific range penalty.
5. galdred's damage calculator is the best what we have, but in-game unit performance may differ a bit. I tested rear melee attacks against vehicles and the calculator predictions where a lot lower than in-game results.
6. costs more movement points to move through only for non-flying non-infantry units. there are marsh tiles on the acid wood map set that are impassable for vehicle/walkers and more expensive to move through for infantry (flying units once again ignore it).
Gunja
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Gunja »

Thank you Fosil, that helps a lot!

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach”