Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Deja Bru
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Deja Bru »

Nameless wrote:First Erik You make great campaigns! Great work!

I have problem with Germany Grand Campaign (1939-42) v2.2, mission Dunkerque. There is english gunboat on one of inland hexs (right down side of the map).

I have a request, too . Map mission Dunkerque. It is possible to remove starting 5 german schnelboot, give player 10 naval command points (one schnelboot = 2 naval command points) and 5 naval deploy hexes, so player have possibility to use this oun ships? Can you do this? Please.
Nameless, Nameless, wherefore art thou Nameless? Whatever shall I call thee? Alas, I fear you must forever be Nameless.

Well, Nameless, I thought I would barge in here because your post caught my eye and I was amused. Yes indeed, there is a British gunboat marooned mid-land here and there is not enough water in the nearby swamp to float a boat:
Capture957.jpg
Capture957.jpg (103.54 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
That in itself is not amusing, of course, but what amused me was that I have done this a hundred times myself! It happens when inadvertently left-clicking the map with the units taskbar open in the scenario editor. As you see, I deliberately made my own to match it:
Capture958.jpg
Capture958.jpg (105.73 KiB) Viewed 5155 times
But that's the thing; my phantom gunboats are usually neutral and are gunboats because that is the first unit listed in the taskbar for the neutral faction. How Erik assigned a gunboat to the British is strange. I wonder if it would fight, even though landlocked? :)

Please pardon the interruption. I now return Erik's thread to his supervision and will allow him to respond to your request.
- Bru
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Erik has added the Schnellboot request to his evergrowing list.
Aaric
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Aaric »

After France I played the Britain branch and after Iceland, I was delivered to Yugoslavia. After starting this, i got the all beloved Strat-Map-Screen and GCC is over for me^^ Any idea or solution to solve my problem? igotnukes also doesn´t functioned..
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

Aaric wrote:After France I played the Britain branch and after Iceland, I was delivered to Yugoslavia. After starting this, i got the all beloved Strat-Map-Screen and GCC is over for me^^ Any idea or solution to solve my problem? igotnukes also doesn´t functioned..
It's funny how things happen in life. Just yesterday, I downloaded Erik's old Blitzkrieg39-40_4.5 and Blitzkrieg41-42E_2.1 campaigns to see if he had ever successfully linked those two as to exporting the core from 39-40 and importing it into 41-42E. I was nuking through the first campaign and got stopped cold at Den Haag because of something that we have seen recently: a core faction missing from the scenario. Strat map!
Den Haag strat map.jpg
Den Haag strat map.jpg (253.85 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
Well, that was the end of my experiment. Knowing that Erik has knitted those two campaigns into GGC, I thought no more about it; he has said that he will not be closely maintaining those Blitzkrieg campaigns anymore in favor of concentrating on GGC.

So today, I see this post. Wow, is this the same scenario? No, stupid me; last time I looked, Den Haag (The Hague) is not now, nor was it ever, located in Yugoslavia.

It turns out that Den Haag is scenario #15, and the version of it in GGC has been corrected, whereas you are talking about coming off of #59Reykjavik and into #60Belgrade. It turns out, though, to be another manifestation of the same bug, I believe.

Continued . . .
Last edited by Deja Bru on Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:14 am, edited 2 times in total.
- Bru
Deja Bru

Post by Deja Bru »

This is the definition of the core for GGC as shown in the campaign editor; it includes Germany, Waffen SS, Kriegsmarine, and Italy:
Screenshot 4.jpg
Screenshot 4.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
Any units acquired for those four factions can be part of the core that is carried forward from scenario to scenario. As we found out recently, those factions must be listed in every scenario in the campaign, at least from where each first appears and then through to the end, so that surviving core units can be "passed" forward.

So while you were fine up until Reykjavik in this regard . . .
Screenshot 5.jpg
Screenshot 5.jpg (66.19 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
. . . I bet the problem with Belgrade is that it's not allowing any Italians that may be in your core up until now:
Screenshot 6.jpg
Screenshot 6.jpg (57.78 KiB) Viewed 5034 times
I have not played GGC very much so I don't know but I bet Erik enabled the Italians someplace along the line.* Let's see if he agrees with this analysis.

* Actually, he did, starting with #30Channel. So if you acquired core Italian units while invading England,** that is what is barring your excursion to Yugoslavia.

** "Preposterous! Bizarre! Fake News!" I hear you thinking. Well, it's true that Italy is a neutral faction in most of those Sea Lion scenarios but Erik did make them available to the human/Axis player in #31Eagle, #44Gibraltar, #45Lyme, #46Minehead, #47Plymouth, #49Bristol, #52Oxford, #54Irish, #57Antonine, and as we saw above, #59Reykjavik. So you had plenty of opportunities to acquire Italian core units. I don't know if this was by design or not.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Yes, I think the use of Italian cores in the Sea Lion branch creates issues with some scenarios in the 'Continental' branch.
So I probably need to add the Italin faction to all (?) scenarios. That will take some time...
Aaric

Post by Aaric »

Yes, I think that is the problem... I have several Italian Destroyer and airplanes in my core units.... should I restart Reykjavik and disband them all or will you add Italy as faction? And will there be an unit-overhaul for the scenarios, where italian + english forces are involved? For example, in several scenarios, England has Japanese Recon cars and Italy has very outdated aux units. Will there be an update with Burma Road/Sandstorm stuff at some time? :) And btw. much thx for your great work! Sandstorm i played through in 2 days, but GGC I´m starting all few months from beginning and i´d never get bored ;)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

i'll edit each scenario and add the Italian faction.
I'll also change the old substitute units with proper ones whenever I see anyone.
But, it will take some time doing this as there are a lot of scenarios involved.
Erik2

Germany Grand Campaign 2.3

Post by Erik2 »

Link to Germany Grand Campaign updated in first post.

I have fixed all (hopefully) Italian core issues so all scenarios should load properly.
Replaced substitute Italian units with proper ones wherever I found them.
I also added two more scenarios to the campaign, Kharkov-43 and Belgorod.

Replacing substitute units for other nations is up for the next update.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Erik2 wrote:But, it will take some time doing this as there are a lot of scenarios involved.
Incredible. You say something like this and deliver an update on the next day nevertheless.... :D
Why aren't you working for Slitherine again? :wink:
THANKS!
Aaric

Post by Aaric »

All works fine now^^ Thx a lot for the awesome support :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I finally finished replacing the rest of the substitute unit types in the Germans Grand.

Link updated to v2.4 in first post.
Erik2

Desert Rats updated to 2.0

Post by Erik2 »

Added two more scenarios (Torch and Race to Tunis) to the Desert Rats campaign.
Link updated in first post.
Aaric

Post by Aaric »

Hi! Got another Strat-Map-issue for the scenario after Novoanninsky, 1 or 2 scenarios before Stalingrad...
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Aaric wrote:Hi! Got another Strat-Map-issue for the scenario after Novoanninsky, 1 or 2 scenarios before Stalingrad...
Are you using the latest update?
I went through every scenario in the campaign and they all loaded fine.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Hold on, you're right. I get the stratmap too. Going into the editor room.
Erik2

German Campaign updated to 2.5

Post by Erik2 »

Fixed the last Soviet scenarios by adding the Kriegsmarine faction.

link updated in first post.
Juansana
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Juansana »

Hello Erik, I have a question. How do I build the Airstrip in Elvenes in the Narvik scenario?
Attachments
Airstrip 1.jpg
Airstrip 1.jpg (144.23 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
Airstrip 2.jpg
Airstrip 2.jpg (83.56 KiB) Viewed 4797 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Juansana wrote:Hello Erik, I have a question. How do I build the Airstrip in Elvenes in the Narvik scenario?
If I remember correctly... You first occupy the spot, then move the current unit away. This should spawn a construction group on the location.
Juansana

Post by Juansana »

Erik2 wrote:
Juansana wrote:Hello Erik, I have a question. How do I build the Airstrip in Elvenes in the Narvik scenario?
If I remember correctly... You first occupy the spot, then move the current unit away. This should spawn a construction group on the location.
Hi, Erik, the scenario's not working. No airfield is built, no crew appears.
I have restarted the scenario 6 times, again and again the same, nothing happens.
Another mistake has been noticed. The armoured train can drive through occupied territory!

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”