Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Parallax
Twitch Fidelity Award 2017

Re: Tens of New Units to Steel Legion and All Space Marines

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:I couldn't see any crash other than this missing file. Do you still have same problem?
All is fine now, except marauder_destroyer2. But now i know how to fix this problems. Thanks to you, after reverse engineering your mod, i'm doing my own 8th Edition Aircraft Rebalance Mod :D Do you know how to put new transport unit? I want to use Valkyrie as a transport. Sorry for questions in your thread :oops:
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:
deranzo wrote:I couldn't see any crash other than this missing file. Do you still have same problem?
All is fine now, except marauder_destroyer2. But now i know how to fix this problems. Thanks to you, after reverse engineering your mod, i'm doing my own 8th Edition Aircraft Rebalance Mod :D Do you know how to put new transport unit? I want to use Valkyrie as a transport. Sorry for questions in your thread :oops:
Still problems? Sorry for this.

Yes. Just create new unit and set it as Transport in unit editor. And set it available for sepecific scenerios you want in related availXXX.whdat files. Now that transport can be used only by normal/light infantry.
If you want that transport can be used both light and heavy infantry, you must open unittypes.whdat file, find that transport and add "Heavypull" trait in that transport's traits and related units that you want to use that transport. For example, you must also add "Heavypull" trait to Steel Legion Fire Support unit or Steel Legion Infantry unit, Ogryn Squad etc. Otherwise that transport will only carry heavy infantry.

In my mod, I created Mastodon Heavy Assault Transport with Heavypull trait to transport Terminators and Centurions. But because of normal infantry such as Devastators or Assault Squads don't have Heavypull trait in their Traits section, those units can't use Mastodon. I have to also add Heavypull trait to Devastators or Assault Squads.

And because you can't set a unit available for Steel Legion and Space Marines at the same, you must create same unit with different ID (as if completely new unit) and set that unit's owner as Blood Angels/Ultramarines/Salamanders. You must do this for every faction.
it is a good day to die
Matchstick101
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Matchstick101 »

deranzo wrote:
Matchstick101 wrote:I keep getting the same error message with the Ultramarines.... any way of fixing it?
screenshot of the error
https://prnt.sc/i9bqz9

seems to be something wrong with the dreadnought
Yes there was a missing unit image in the UI/unit_images folder. I have fixed it. If you don't want to download whole mod again, please do this:
Copy paste ultra_redemptor_dreadnought02.png file in Graphics/Units folder into UI/unit_images folder.
Also I saw another missing file. Please rename ultra_astraeus_super_heavy_tank.png to ultra_primaris_astraeus.png in UI/big_unit_images folder
thanks it works great now!
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Matchstick101 wrote: thanks it works great now!
Great!
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I will continue to update this mod with new units. Next update possibly will be Adeptus Custodes units.

But I want to develop new mod for this game. BattleTech: A Crossover mod. If you don't know what is BattleTech, I can say it's a science fiction universe which contains lots of mech/vehicle units. One of largest mech is 18m height at most, means its approximetly at height of Warhound Titan.
I can take ideas how to balance mech's and vehicles health, armor and weapons to 40K universe.
it is a good day to die
nexusno2000
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by nexusno2000 »

deranzo wrote:I will continue to update this mod with new units. Next update possibly will be Adeptus Custodes units.

But I want to develop new mod for this game. BattleTech: A Crossover mod. If you don't know what is BattleTech, I can say it's a science fiction universe which contains lots of mech/vehicle units. One of largest mech is 18m height at most, means its approximetly at height of Warhound Titan.
I can take ideas how to balance mech's and vehicles health, armor and weapons to 40K universe.
You have a Lance of Wasps?

That's cute - say hello to my Atlas, and his friends Zeus, Warhammer, and Marauder!
Green Knight
https://www.youtube.com/c/GreenKnight2001
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

deranzo wrote:I can take ideas how to balance mech's and vehicles health, armor and weapons to 40K universe.
I'm not a fan of battletech, but i heard some of their weapons have heat effect. You can give big morale reduction for using such weapons
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

There aren't nice models which blend in with the Armageddon as with this mod but there is no other option if I want to do it. Possibly there will be only 2 facing directions with every model.
And yes there will be such mechs.

Yes, in BattleTech, heat is serious and game changing issue. But morale reduction needs source code modification. I will think how to balance the mod later.

Thank you.
it is a good day to die
DocDesastro
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by DocDesastro »

I have played classic Battletech before and compared to warhammer, it is a very different system. I am quite unsure, whether those are compatible. Look, attacking a mech is fine: roll to hit according to range - but what then?
Mechs do not have hitpoints. They have armour at 6 different locations so each hit must be allocated there. Underneath there is structure points and - depending on mech, there are systems to knock off of which some are generic like engine and gyros but a mech carrying ammo is in greater danger of dying to a penetrating hit. I fear, that the armageddon engine will not work to give the feeling of classic battletech, while it is fine for epic 40k-style gaming (albeit a bit flawed like the useless piercing value). Also, many mechs have more than 3 different weapons, the way melee works is different and not talking of DFA attacks with jump-capable mechs. The current editor, however, is a great tool for creating terrain hexes for classic BT, if scaled properly. I am sceptical a bit. You mentioned heat yourself and if you would take pilot wounds into account this will get ugly.

In my opinion the current game has to be recoded and made whole. Where is the dangerous terrain that should have been here? Weapons are not fixed and without an armour value, piercing is nice to have on the paper but still only added strength in disguise the way it works currently. Also, the problem on not having non-integers for calculation makes it hard to depict correct units with special weapons. I wonder, what went wrong to waste such possibilities in vanilla.
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

DocDesastro wrote:I have played classic Battletech before and compared to warhammer, it is a very different system. I am quite unsure, whether those are compatible. Look, attacking a mech is fine: roll to hit according to range - but what then?
Mechs do not have hitpoints. They have armour at 6 different locations so each hit must be allocated there. Underneath there is structure points and - depending on mech, there are systems to knock off of which some are generic like engine and gyros but a mech carrying ammo is in greater danger of dying to a penetrating hit. I fear, that the armageddon engine will not work to give the feeling of classic battletech, while it is fine for epic 40k-style gaming (albeit a bit flawed like the useless piercing value). Also, many mechs have more than 3 different weapons, the way melee works is different and not talking of DFA attacks with jump-capable mechs. The current editor, however, is a great tool for creating terrain hexes for classic BT, if scaled properly. I am sceptical a bit. You mentioned heat yourself and if you would take pilot wounds into account this will get ugly.

In my opinion the current game has to be recoded and made whole. Where is the dangerous terrain that should have been here? Weapons are not fixed and without an armour value, piercing is nice to have on the paper but still only added strength in disguise the way it works currently. Also, the problem on not having non-integers for calculation makes it hard to depict correct units with special weapons. I wonder, what went wrong to waste such possibilities in vanilla.
Yes, BattleTech is very different then 40K and many mechanics doesn't support BattleTech universe's very important mechanics such as heat, ammo, mech's weapon manouverability. If I do this, it will be like just new units, not new mechanics. And it will be different mod then this, meaning no new units of this mod. Just BattleTech units and base game units.
But still I'm in very much hesitation. Because there are no many models (models only from MechWarrior Online) and existing models are just charcoal drawings and those can't blend in the game.
So for now, next thing to do is adding Adeptus Custodes units.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have updated the mod with Adeptus Custodes units.
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have updated the latest optional version of base game with new minor update.

Now AA weapons only attacks flyers, not ground units. And ground based weapons such as tank's cannons, bolters, artillery etc. can't attack flyers. Thus, WH40K Armageddon is more realistic game and you can make more different strategies with new units now.

You can download it in here: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 35&t=79526
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

I have published new update with units of Battle Automatas and newest Imperial Knights.
it is a good day to die
Parallax

Post by Parallax »

Awesome. As always 8)
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Parallax wrote:Awesome. As always 8)
Thanks. Always updating the mod with new units.
it is a good day to die
leerm02
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by leerm02 »

Hey there!

So, first off, your mod is actually the reason why I purchased Armageddon. Seriously, I was considering it but I was on the fence...then I found your mod and my jaw dropped. I have since put in absolutely tons of time on the game and loved it, and all but about the first few hours have been spent with this mod.

So, that being said, would there be any way you could open up the available units for the scenarios a bit more? The main campaign seems fine, honestly, and I get access to the sweet new units at a good pace...but I've been playing through one of the DLC campaigns (the Salamanders) and have been just itching to try out some more of the cool units you added. So, ah, any possibility to open up the available units a bit faster for the DLC campaigns? Pretty please :-)

Keep up the good work!
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

leerm02 wrote:Hey there!

So, first off, your mod is actually the reason why I purchased Armageddon. Seriously, I was considering it but I was on the fence...then I found your mod and my jaw dropped. I have since put in absolutely tons of time on the game and loved it, and all but about the first few hours have been spent with this mod.

So, that being said, would there be any way you could open up the available units for the scenarios a bit more? The main campaign seems fine, honestly, and I get access to the sweet new units at a good pace...but I've been playing through one of the DLC campaigns (the Salamanders) and have been just itching to try out some more of the cool units you added. So, ah, any possibility to open up the available units a bit faster for the DLC campaigns? Pretty please :-)

Keep up the good work!
Hello leerm02,

You can do that even yourself very easily. Just go here: Warhammer 40000 Armageddon Community\data and look for avail1.whdat to avail8.whdat these are campaign unit availability lists. Then open up unittypes.whdat with Notepad++ (or Excel) and look for which unit do you want to see in a mission. For example in my mod Stormhammer's ID is 941, you can see that yourself too. Like that, find units you want to see and add them to .whdat files.
For example if you add 941 to avail1.whdat, you will see you can purchase Stormhammer in mission 1. But that would be unbalancing =)
For DLCs just go: Warhammer 40000 Armageddon Community\Content\Salamanders\Data and edit .whdat files as you can see fit. With that you can even add titans to Salamanders campaign.
it is a good day to die
leerm02

Post by leerm02 »

Thanks for the quick reply!

So I tried it out as you said, at first I was a little worried it would be too hard but after just a few minutes I got the hang of it perfectly. Thanks a lot for the info! :-)

I added in the ability to recruit Imperial Knights into the Salamanders campaign and have been playing around with them...quick question though: they really seem a bit...well, weak. when I look at the stats they seem fine, but I noticed that I can barely seem to do any damage with them for some reason. Any idea if this is a bug or something? I'm getting like a 39% to hit on enemies two hex away!

Thanks again! Keep up the good work!
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

leerm02 wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:29 am Thanks for the quick reply!

So I tried it out as you said, at first I was a little worried it would be too hard but after just a few minutes I got the hang of it perfectly. Thanks a lot for the info! :-)

I added in the ability to recruit Imperial Knights into the Salamanders campaign and have been playing around with them...quick question though: they really seem a bit...well, weak. when I look at the stats they seem fine, but I noticed that I can barely seem to do any damage with them for some reason. Any idea if this is a bug or something? I'm getting like a 39% to hit on enemies two hex away!

Thanks again! Keep up the good work!
I have modified all units' stats and they may still need modification to be more balanced.
For example which knight are you testing to damage which unit?
it is a good day to die
deranzo
Warhammer Designer
Warhammer Designer

Post by deranzo »

Added 2 new variants of Warlord Titan and new Warbringer Nemesis Titan.
it is a good day to die

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”