New FOGII (April 2018) Campaign Tournament (bbogensc)

Moderators: kronenblatt, Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

Ludendorf
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: New FOGII (April 2018) Campaign Tournament (bbogensc)

Post by Ludendorf »

Ludendorf (Galatia 280-63BC) defeats RagnarOneTooth (Pyrrhic 280-272BC) 14-40%. Defender casualties were 14%. Province 22 holds.
Ludendorf (Galatia 280-63BC) defeats RagnarOneTooth (Pyrrhic 280-272BC) 17-44%. Defender casualties were 14% once more. North Skythia holds.
RagnarOneTooth
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by RagnarOneTooth »

got 2 messages clogged in the system from a few days ago, emptied my mail box but they still haven't come through, if you're trying to get hold of me please resent
edit figured out how to clear it and how to click the release button, nothing that wasn't already sorted.
Last edited by RagnarOneTooth on Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by bbogensc »

We are still waiting on the resolution of Carthage and Scotland battles before going to the next turn.
Najanaja
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by Najanaja »

Have sent you something on Carthage.

It's not 14days yet is it?

For the record, I live in the bush in Australia. It's all satellite out here; sometimes it grinds to a halt. So my games are a bit slow sometimes.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

Etruscans (Rome 199-106 BC ) 25% beat Pyrrhus (Pyrrhic) 55% in area 19 (Austria) despite the gallant Pyrrhic attack on the Etruscan right wing. Etruscan army casualties 14% so no army loss.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
Najanaja

Post by Najanaja »

Numidia 51. Carthage defeats Ptolemy 18% to 43%. Actual casualties 13/49.
Kabill
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Kabill »

In his youth, the Spanish king had visited Carthage and become enchanted with its splendour. For years since, he dreamed of walking its walls and offering sacrifices in its temples. It was with calm excitement, then, that he first spied the regal city from the bow of his galley which lurched with every stroke slowly towards his prize.

A week ago he had received a report of the battle fought by his troops inland: how his raiders swarmed a detachment of Carthaginians on the left and held up their horse on the right, while the Carthaginian centre refused until the final moments of the battle to commit. By then, it was reported, the day was already won and after the initial Carthaginian charge was resisted, they retired and fled back to the city. But he did not remember the details; indeed he paid little attention at all when it was clear the battle was won. All that mattered was that Carthage was his to wander, and to rule.

Spanish invaders defeat the Carthaginians 10-41, suffering only 6% losses.
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Pending Battles

Post by bbogensc »

We have 2 battles still pending this turn, Scotland and Egypt. I will process the next turn on 7/1 and these will be scored as a draw. If either player is behind or slow-playing, then the opposing player should post a screenshot and a short explanation and a request for an adjudication.
Ludendorf

Post by Ludendorf »

Ludendorf (Gallic 300-101BC) defeats paulmcneil (Ancient Britons) 9-47%. 15% attacker casualties.
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

(5) 4x4 cunningcairn (Ptolemaic 166BC) v Egypt50 najanaja (Hannnibal in Africa) Won 56% to 63% with 21% casualties losing 1 army
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Turn 9 Begin

Post by bbogensc »

Turn Due 7/2 1500GMT
Attachments
Turn 9 Campaign Map.jpg
Turn 9 Campaign Map.jpg (208.71 KiB) Viewed 2715 times
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Battle List Turn 9

Post by bbogensc »

** 7 day turn.

Battle List Turn 9

(1) 3x7 paulmcneil (Ancient British) v Germania11 batesmmotel (Roman 199BC)
(2) 5x2 batesmotel (Roman 199BC) v pyrric20 ragnaronetooth (Pyrric)
(3) 2x4 najanaja (Carthage HinA) v Ptolemy50 (Ptolemaic 166BC)
(4) 4x4 gamercb (Antigonid) v cunningcarin Ptolemy33 (Ptolemaic 55BC, 166BC or 320BC) ATTACKER CHOICE
(5) 4x4 gamercb (Antigonid) v cunningcairn Ptolemy34 (Ptolemaic 166BC)
(6) 4x4 bbogensc (Armenian T) v cunningcairn Nabatean48 (166BC)
(7) 4x4 Kabill (spanish) v Syracusehome14 morbio (Syracuse)
(8) 4x5 Nosy_Rat (Dacian or Macedonian) v Dacia22 Ludendorf (Galatia 280BC) ATTACKER SELECTS
(9) 4x4 Nosy_Rat (Dacian) v Kapp30 bbogensc (Seleucid 302BC)
(10) 4x4 Ludendorf (Galatia 280BC) v South Skythia bbogensc (Skythian 300BC)
Kabill

Post by Kabill »

Which of the Syracusian army lists am I fighting in Syracuse?
Kabill's Great Generals Mod for FoG2: http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=492&t=84915
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by bbogensc »

Morbio did not specify so you can select.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

bbogensc wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:11 am Morbio did not specify so you can select.
I'm fairly certain I have specified all my unit types in my build and move orders. However, I have PM'd the unit type to Kabill.
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by bbogensc »

Its fine if you and Kabill have agreed.
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

The challenge for Ragnaronetooth in area 20 is posted, password ragnaronetooth. I PM'ed the info a couple days ago but possibly ragnar is suffering from backed up messages again.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by bbogensc »

Understood, players have less incentive to check regularly as the number of provinces controlled trends down, so this will be awarded to you on time if the game is not progressing or does not start.

Also, I'll need to start to award matches on time where we have consistent slow play.
bbogensc
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

End Campaign ? - Ludendorf Victor

Post by bbogensc »

The game mods with the latest DLC (and the cheap warbands) have resulted in the Galatian army with a significant advantage in the 2000 pts army size, especially with Ludendorf in command, as he also appears to be one of the best, if not the best player, in FOG now. For my part, I do not see any circumstance where I could defeat Galatia in an evenly matched battle on any terrain with any army available to my side (with Ludendorf in command), and would be just playing for a draw in future matches against Galatian forces. Lancers, for example, do not have a significant advantage even in impact phase vs superior warbands making cavalry or elephant charges suicidal and sw can also easily best irregular foot and all archer types in rough ground. Ludendorf also mentioned that the superior warbands match up well against pike, and I think that's correct especially when combined with lots of cav. Sw are also effectively immune to archery by numbers especially with the rule change in the latest DLC. I do think a late Roman army might have a chance by recruiting armored units with the darts weapon in large numbers and perhaps other warband type armies or maybe Carthage, but the campaign has not developed where these are likely to arise to challenge Galatia on a strategic level.

I would motion we declare Ludendorf the victor in the campaign.

Alternately, of course the campaign can continue on with perhaps Ludendorf or Kabill taking on the GM role and I can provide the base map used to create the campaign map each turn, which does not take too long. I have several major life commitments arising now and need to step away from FOG. Paulmcneil has agreed to take over for Persia in that case.
Kabill

Post by Kabill »

I fought the Galatians in the DL a few weeks ago and agree it's a strong army list. I'm wondering whether an army like Spain might not actually reasonable odds - they have a lot of low-cost impact foot units that can match the Galatian warbands on impact and then use their numbers to outflank them. But it's not a theory I'd like to test in this campaign any time soon!

Regarding continuation of the game, I'm personally happy for Ludendorf to be declared victor - his strategic position is strong and coupled with clearly strong play I'd be surprised if we didn't see a Galatian victory by the end of the game were it to play out.

However, if there was interest in continuing the campaign, I could probably take over as GM until the beginning of September. I couldn't commit to longer than that as I'll be gearing up for my "busy season" at work then though.

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”