Historical German Flag Mod 1.4

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Historical German Flag Mod

Post by terminator »

GabeKnight wrote:A mod in OoB basically "overrides" the vanilla game installation files without the necessity to overwrite/backup the originals. In short, you recreate the folder structure of the game's \content\ folder within your mod. That way you can swap/change game files like pics, flags, units, music, sound and text without having to touch the original installation. It's way more convenient (and you'll still have the working stock game to fall back to if something goes wrong within your mod :wink: )
OoBModding.JPG
OoBModding.JPG (56.99 KiB) Viewed 5605 times
OoB-WW2 Mod.zip
(452.29 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Wargamer74
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Wargamer74 »

So basically installing mods for OOB is similar to using Generic Mod Enabler for Panzer Corps except you just put the mod in the mods folder. When the next patch comes out and I reinstall the game I'll have to set up any mods I use the correct way. By the way replacing the original artwork in the games main folder doesn't cause any technical issues just in case anyone is wondering.
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

I did not want but now I must...

I am trying to create new stuff, but nothing seems to work. Skins, re-texturing units do not work... new sf does not work. I put everything where it belongs, but nothing seems to be working. Unit pictures into /graphics/units are shown. /textures PNG aren't working. WAV in /Sounds does not either.

I am using the game folder currently, I did not want to create an entire mod for such small stuff... and storing these on the system volume /documents. Can't we just move this folder somewhere else btw? I really don't want it to be on system SSD drive C, embedded into zillions of subfolders.. subject to data loss etc etc
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

I nice solution for the My Games folder would be to set a path to it in the Options.
Then I could put it in my drop-box and get instant back-up.
I move stuff to my drop-box every time I have created something that have taken a bit of time.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Jun 30, 2018 12:09 pm A mod in OoB basically "overrides" the vanilla game installation files without the necessity to overwrite/backup the originals. In short, you recreate the folder structure of the game's \content\ folder within your mod. That way you can swap/change game files like pics, flags, units, music, sound and text without having to touch the original installation. It's way more convenient (and you'll still have the working stock game to fall back to if something goes wrong within your mod :wink: )
So I´m correct in my assessment that this is not a mod?
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

WarHomer post wrote: So I´m correct in my assessment that this is not a mod?
Yes, not in the literal sense of a OoB-mod, but you can use them files to mod the vanilla game or inside your own mod. :)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

This animated Flag in the UI during the AI turn (Data>Content>Video>AI) must be a ogv file :

Screenshot 50.png
Screenshot 50.png (229.23 KiB) Viewed 5546 times
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

There's two versions of that flag, the ogv version and a png one. If you disable the AI flag animation you see in the bottom tool bar in the game options it uses the png version. The reason I didn't do the ogv one was getting to look right was almost impossible with the current video program I use which is Movie maker, (one of these days I'll go back to it and see if I can actually get the flag to look right animated), also I disable the AI animated flag to improve performance during the AI turns.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Wargamer74 wrote: Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:42 pm There's two versions of that flag, the ogv version and a png one. If you disable the AI flag animation you see in the bottom tool bar in the game options it uses the png version. The reason I didn't do the ogv one was getting to look right was almost impossible with the current video program I use which is Movie maker, (one of these days I'll go back to it and see if I can actually get the flag to look right animated), also I disable the AI animated flag to improve performance during the AI turns.
How do you disable the AI animated flag ?

I made a fast search yesterday on this file format (ogv) which I did not know. It would seem that we can make animated flags directly in ogv with Blender but too much complicated for me.
But I saw that there are on-line converters which allow to convert gif -> ogv (https://convertio.co/fr/convertisseur-gif/).
As I better know the animations gif I made a test with a gif which I had created for Panzercorps and it works :

Screenshot 53.png
Screenshot 53.png (195.95 KiB) Viewed 5523 times
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

How do you disable the AI animated flag ?
You can find it under audio and video options
AudioVideo.jpg
AudioVideo.jpg (68.82 KiB) Viewed 5514 times
They call it spinning animation in the options. I also disable the in game music, basically I keep the graphics quality set to the highest possible and turn off anything else like music and the flag animations to help with performance especially during AI turns which is when the game can get very laggy even on high end systems, I think the game is using the cpu for both physics and animations along with running AI algorithms all at the same time.
I made a fast search yesterday on this file format (ogv) which I did not know. It would seem that we can make animated flags directly in ogv with Blender but too much complicated for me.
But I saw that there are on-line converters which allow to convert gif -> ogv (https://convertio.co/fr/convertisseur-gif/).
Thinks for the link, I've only messed around with blender and never really learned how to do animations, it is possible to make animated gifs in Gimp but like I said getting it to look like the originals was really difficult so I just changed the png version.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Wargamer74 wrote: to help with performance especially during AI turns which is when the game can get very laggy even on high end systems, I think the game is using the cpu for both physics and animations along with running AI algorithms all at the same time.
Yes, probably. But the most CPU consuming are the AI calculations during the turns. For that matter i've checked the shown option to make the enemy turns look smoother (may take a bit longer, though).

Screenshot 585.jpg
Screenshot 585.jpg (180.68 KiB) Viewed 5495 times

PS: Thanks again for the emblems - work like a charm...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

It is possible to convert an png image to a video ogv (easy to do). The result is a video with a static image. I made the test with your flags and it works, don't need to disable the AI animated flag.
This could be a temporary solution.
RyeMacD
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by RyeMacD »

Does anyone know where on a mac terminator's flag mods go? I have tried navigating the hard drive and searching using spotlight for the correct folder but none appears. I really like the mod and would LOVE to use it!
Wargamer74

Re: Historical German Flag Mod 1.4

Post by Wargamer74 »

The mod has been updated to version 1.4. :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks!
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

delete this post, too many beers :lol:
Last edited by Wargamer74 on Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wargamer74

Post by Wargamer74 »

I'm still thinking about adding in military emblems for all the nations while waiting for the new patch, it's going to take forever. :roll:
Panzer_Franz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Panzer_Franz »

Dear all,

I know I am late to the party, but does anyone know where to get the 1.4 version of this Mod? It is no longer hosted on file server listed in the original post.

Thanks much everyone...
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Here's a link to the graphic mod I use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/82n6nt2kucgim ... d.zip?dl=0

1) I do not know if it is the same mod previously featured here.
2) Apologies to the (for me) unknown creator if I'm out of line (re)publishing this.
3) There's a slight issue with the Waffen SS graphics which do not change after the unit has moved/attacked.
4) Always back up the originals before installing :wink:

Erik
uzbek2012
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by uzbek2012 »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:23 am Here's a link to the graphic mod I use.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/82n6nt2kucgim ... d.zip?dl=0

1) I do not know if it is the same mod previously featured here.
2) Apologies to the (for me) unknown creator if I'm out of line (re)publishing this.
3) There's a slight issue with the Waffen SS graphics which do not change after the unit has moved/attacked.
4) Always back up the originals before installing :wink:

Erik

Excellent at the end, the historicity will be respected and the towel will replace Real historical the flag !
Please note: This mod is not intended to condone or endorse Nazism, it's only for historical purposes.
viewtopic.php?f=147&t=30687&p=286970&hi ... od#p286970

So now the historicity is no worse than this !

So now Order of Battle: World War II claims to be as historical as this Panzer Corps !

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”