[Mod] New Tabletop Armageddon Ruleset, Factions and Campaigns (restarted 2018)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, BA Moderators, WH40K Armageddon moderators

Aekar
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: [Mod] New Tabletop Armageddon Ruleset, Factions and Campaigns (restarted 2018)

Post by Aekar »

Posted a bug at Tech Support that completely breaks balance in my campaigns:
Infantry Transports automatically regenerate their health to full.
If an infantry inside its transport, gets it's transport hit by AI during AI turn, the transport HP is again back to full health once back to player's turn.

The bug was already reported in 2015 by other players so I bumped and confirmed that issue.
Because of this bug, in infantry based map the player an use its Chimeras to attract damage, which was wanted, but here the player can abuse this system.
This bug is still very active and creating huge balance issues because of the smaller squad system.

Another bug :
Scenario Editor was no longer running.[/b]
Clicking at it did nothing. Game and campaign works great but not the Scenario Editor.
I fixed it by removing addidng files one by one, until finding out it was just the factions.whdat file doing problems.
(EDIT: I fixed this one)
Aekar

Re: [Mod] New Tabletop Armageddon Ruleset, Factions and Campaigns (restarted 2018)

Post by Aekar »

Released test version (download link on first post).
Updated doc with new legion / regiments information (same).
I'll await your feedback before getting to next steps! ;)

A few minor map issues are still there (line of sight issues, terrain movement cost, etc).
Some lack of information about how to manage officers gentleman rules.
And of course the native Armageddon bug with transports regenerating their HP.

But the first scenario is playable, you may try it (and quite possibly endure it :D )
This is for vanilla version, I'll deploy the Community Version ASAP!
Aekar

Post by Aekar »

@Parallax:
Nothing much new for you there:
there were balance changes, some new units, some new graphics (mostly vanilla units with new ruleset), some adjustments to range and damage.
the other brigades are nearly ready, I'll update the scenario soon with the new brigades and will make a new post.

Return to “Mods and Scenario Design”