Hosts cheat by last minute changes

Warhammer 40,000: Gladius Relics of War brings you to a world of terror and violence. Four factions will engage in a brutal war for dominance over the planets resources.
Imperator rex
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Hosts cheat by last minute changes

Post by Imperator rex » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:51 am

Hello,

First of all, thank you for a great game, devs! :D
Looking forward to future add-ons.

Anyways, when playing a multiplayer game yesterday, the host made a last minute change to his own handicap, when the rest of us had clicked ready.
Fortunately, me and my team mate both saw his handicap flash just before we entered the game. When confronted he said it was by accident... :)
I dont remember the player's name but can help you hunt him down if you can access my match history.

More importantly, I suggest you make a change to the MP lobby so that any changes to handicaps are announced to other players and uncheck their "ready" status.

Furthermore, I also saw that this host had increased the necron tomb density. (And playing necrons). I suggest any changes to tomb density and orc fungus should be clearly announced to players and also uncheck the "ready" status since they (I assume) distort the game balance between the races.

Best regards!

Zak0r
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Re: Hosts cheat by last minute changes

Post by Zak0r » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:13 am

I agree, all changes should "unready" all players in the lobby.

IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hosts cheat by last minute changes

Post by IainMcNeil » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:25 pm

That sounds like a bug - will check.

Return to “Warhammer 40,000: Gladius - Relics of War”