OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

jdarocha
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by jdarocha »

I've read a few posts about OOB expansions that players would like to see, here are some that I am completely uninterested in;

a) The Blakans
b) The Italian Campaign 1943 - 1945
c) Battle of the Bulge/Ardennes (over done)
d) France 1940 (overdone)
e) Crete

A subjective list, of course, but there it is.
Halder
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: OOB Expansions I don't want to see

Post by robertahyuk »

Halder wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 pm I've read a few posts about OOB expansions that players would like to see, here are some that I am completely uninterested in;

a) The Blakans
e) Crete

Halder
I have to agree Halder. A couple of those have been way overdone. Almost hate to see them run a D-Day DLC as it's been done so many times.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Halder wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:24 pm I've read a few posts about OOB expansions that players would like to see, here are some that I am completely uninterested in;

a) The Blakans
e) Crete

Halder
In contrast what you would like to see as OOB expansions ? All the remainder ?
France 1940 overdone ? Do you know a wargame with the Italian invasion of France, also called the Battle of the Alps ?
Edgewalker
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Edgewalker »

You are too late! There already is a "Crete" scenario and it's really good !
In all seriousness though, I would like to see all the theatres covered soooner or later, however, I agree on Normandy D-Day. Judging from the games 2WW consisted in 90% of D-Day, 9% of Stalingrad and 1% of everything else.
Dieppe Raid would be cool though.
richfed
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by richfed »

INMO, you can't have a complete WWII game without those campaigns/battles.
Zachmann
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Zachmann »

I'd like to see the designers' interpretation of those battles.
In my opinion they do unique mission designs.
Playing "Sandstorm" does feel different from playing "Afrikakorps".

This is a great series - and in the end I would like to have all the major campaigns of the period covered.
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by conboy »

I would really like to see/play an official OOB Battle of the Bulge and Italian Campaign! Erik and Bru have very good Ardennes battles -- I'd also like to see/play an Artistocrat version along with an official PvP.

conboy
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

I was thinking very hard, but I have none. A would like to see even allied campaigns in Europe. Well what I don't want... perhaps a badly made soviet campaign. Made out of history books which have huge red stars on them... A realistically done soviet grand campaign would be a HUGE difference in player experience and gaming style we used to this day ))
jdarocha

Post by jdarocha »

I would like to see OOB offer DLC related to other wars/conflicts. The OOB gameplay, layout and game engine are great, so why not cover DLC related to Korea, Cold War or Middle East. Do what SSI did when they released "People's General".
Attachments
People's_General.png
People's_General.png (107.56 KiB) Viewed 5779 times
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@Halder: There is still a lot of WW2 to cover and what I have seen and played so far from upcoming DLCS is pretty awesome. And as far as I know, there are no OoB modern units and conflicts campaigns planned (yet) and no mods in this direction.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

When is the DLC coming, Andy? We promise we won't tell anyone if you share. Panzer Strategy turned out to be a massive disappointment that I couldn't force myself to play even 2 turns.

Waiting for OOB with eternal patience but it's getting hard when no decent substitutes available.
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

13obo wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 10:52 am When is the DLC coming, Andy? We promise we won't tell anyone if you share. Panzer Strategy turned out to be a massive disappointment that I couldn't force myself to play even 2 turns.

Waiting for OOB with eternal patience but it's getting hard when no decent substitutes available.
No release date yet. But it is well worth the wait. Meanwhile, there are still tons of custom campaigns to play. And Panzer Strategy, well...best stick to Slitherine quality. :wink:
jdarocha

Post by jdarocha »

Don't get me wrong, I love OOB; and I like what it has done for WWII PC Games of it's type (IGOUGO). I agree that there is still a lot of WWII to cover and there is still some WWII DLC's that I would look forward to, like more Pacific Theater (Marines) or Battle of Berlin, but at the same time, it's a shame to limit such a solid game engine and design to WWII. Strategic Command and Panzer General all expanded beyond the WWII time frame with great expansions to the original series. It would be nice to see OOB eventually do the same thing.

Nonetheless, keep up the great work.

Thanks
Halder
Attachments
Red Lightning.png
Red Lightning.png (148.4 KiB) Viewed 5651 times
jdarocha

Post by jdarocha »

Sorry, I Just noted something in Andy's post; where are these "custom campaigns"? Are you referring to the current list of OOB DLC's or something else.
Halder
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Halder wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm Sorry, I Just noted something in Andy's post; where are these "custom campaigns"? Are you referring to the current list of OOB DLC's or something else.
Halder
There are a large number of custom scenarios and a few custom campaigns in the Scenario Design forum.
viewforum.php?f=374
GUNDOBALDO08

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

Ok no release date, but why this extremely long silence from Devs?!? official news list is wide from 16/5/2018!!! I think time of new dlc announcement is here.
My idea is that Devs is waiting for more info about PC2 before any other announcement about OOB...
bru888

Post by bru888 »

I can only tell you that something is in the works, currently in beta.
- Bru
Andy2012

Post by Andy2012 »

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:15 pm Ok no release date, but why this extremely long silence from Devs?!? official news list is wide from 16/5/2018!!! I think time of new dlc announcement is here.
My idea is that Devs is waiting for more info about PC2 before any other announcement about OOB...
You are overthinking things. This is a small team supplying a niche-market, they need some time for development. Be patient and you will be rewarded. :D
Ruggs225

Post by Ruggs225 »

I would like to see more pacific themed ones as well. Like a grand campaign style on the pacific. One in which the sea battles would really effect how land battles or invasions take place. Both for the U.S. and Japan.
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Ruggs225 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:05 pm I would like to see more pacific themed ones as well. Like a grand campaign style on the pacific. One in which the sea battles would really effect how land battles or invasions take place. Both for the U.S. and Japan.
A MASSIVE + 1 from me! A Grand Pacific campaign would be awesome. Morning Sun + Rising Sun didn´t really feel connected to me, and the 12 or so missions of Rising Sun didn´t do Justice to the "entire" Pacific war. But also a Allied Grand Pacific campaign would be great.

I don´t agree that a Grand Italian campaign wouldn´t be fun, quite the contrary.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”