Trade interface is confusing

A mix of deep gameplay and rich historical flavor, Aggressors: Ancient Rome lets you relive history as the ruler of one of the mighty civilizations of the ancient Mediterranean. Choose one of twenty available factions and conquer the world.
76mm
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Trade interface is confusing

Post by 76mm »

Not sure if I'm just especially dense, but I seem to have a problem understanding the trade interface. In particular, who is getting, and who is giving a particular good.

I think I get it in the main trade screen--those resources shown on the left show the resources I'll be giving, while those on the right show those I'll be getting.

But many times already, I have entered trades that are the opposite of what I expected; I think these are mainly from counter-proposals, where I assumed that the resources I'm giving are on the left, and the ones I'm getting on the right--but this assumption seems incorrect.

Also, I'm not certain, but it sure seems like even some of the trades that I've proposed have been "backwards"...
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Re: Trade interface is confusing

Post by pavelk »

Hi,
it is pretty simple - whatever is below your name (your country name) is what you offer, whatever is below the name of business partner is what the opponent gives you on return.
uncajerf
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by uncajerf »

I think this may relate to the problem I reported re: widescreen & 200% UI. To reiterate, the trade icons appear to be all on the right, with none on the left. If there are lots, they overlap, but if only a couple, you see both -- still only on the right, though. I have a screenshot if necessary...
Attachments
Trade_Scr_Bug.jpg
Trade_Scr_Bug.jpg (693.83 KiB) Viewed 2138 times
Last edited by uncajerf on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
uncajerf

"Artillery adds dignity to what otherwise would be a vulgar brawl." -Frederick the Great
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

If you have a screenshot, please post it here.
Thank you
76mm

Post by 76mm »

I will have to get a screen shot, all I know is that sometimes when I set up trades, I get the mirror image of what I expected.
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

"it is pretty simple - whatever is below your name (your country name) is what you offer, "
I suspect that it will become simple after a while but I too found the whole thing confusing.
simple = simple to those whose minds work along the lines yours does.

I think the wording could be better but relying on pop up windows rather than switching to a separate screen for trade doesn't help.
(I'll suggest a better wording when I'm sure I really know what's happening)
pavelk
Kubat Software
Kubat Software

Post by pavelk »

Hi dejvid2,
we just released a new version (v1.0.4.) which already has this wording improvement.

This is the way how trade window looks like now
dejvid2

Post by dejvid2 »

I have only just bought the game so I immediately upgraded it to 1.0.4.
I would prefer something like:
"You will supply" + "You will receive".
To me an offer and a request mean the same thing. They both mean to me "I request that you give me 5 gold in exchange for 5 food." (or similar)
gwgardner
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn
Lieutenant-General - Nashorn

Post by gwgardner »

In the example above, perhaps 'recommended to offer' could be clearer as 'known needs in Ptolemaic Kingdom'
'recommended to request' could be 'known surpluses in Ptolemaic Kingdom'

However, in my opinion it's perfectly clear as is.

Return to “Aggressors: Ancient Rome”