Royal Marines features

Afghanistan '11 changes the paradigm of wargaming and manages to bring Counter-Insurgency and guerrilla warfare to your screen, properly represented thanks to a revolutionary gameplay formula!
DoofusMagnus
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Royal Marines features

Post by DoofusMagnus »

Are the new features in Royal Marines (cars, car bombs, roadblocks, police) and changes to features (intel, handover, etc.) limited to the new campaign or will they also be present the US campaign and skirmish? Is the Royal Marine faction available in skirmish or is it limited to the new campaign? Thanks.
Tulius Hostilius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Re: Royal Marines features

Post by Tulius Hostilius »

Good question.

Just bought the DLC, I am testing it now...
Pixel
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Pixel »

I’m curious about this too as it sort of looks like the British half of the game is completely separate
Image Image
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Why are we getting no feedback on this and other questions from Dev? Usually he is quite talkative. No written user reviews on Steam for DLC. You don't release a product and then disappear, so sort of odd and keeping me away from DLC for now. I think there was a sale of base game, which was a no-brainer for those who didn't have anything, but DLC is a question mark for me with no info hardly at all.
Tulius Hostilius
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by Tulius Hostilius »

Rosseau wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:26 am Why are we getting no feedback on this and other questions from Dev? Usually he is quite talkative. No written user reviews on Steam for DLC. You don't release a product and then disappear, so sort of odd and keeping me away from DLC for now. I think there was a sale of base game, which was a no-brainer for those who didn't have anything, but DLC is a question mark for me with no info hardly at all.
Hi Rosseau,

I just posted a small comment here: viewtopic.php?f=442&t=87711

I confess that I am presently trying to work on a small mod to other Slitherine game, so I still didn’t had time to explore this new DLC. But I begun a game just to see it, saw that there is a parallel British Campaign and Skirmish, so apparently we can’t use the Brits and the Americans together, and I move a infantry unit to a road, just to see the roadblock, but with no luck, apparently something more is needed. I will play the DLC, but at least in the Skirmish I had hopes to use both British and USA forces together.
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Thank you. For those who love the game, get the DLC. But I never loved it that much and disappointed we can't mix and match in skirmish.
AgrippaHX
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by AgrippaHX »

Tulius Hostilius wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:28 am [...] and I move a infantry unit to a road, just to see the roadblock, but with no luck, apparently something more is needed. I will play the DLC, but at least in the Skirmish I had hopes to use both British and USA forces together.
No, you definitely can't use the Royal Marines and US military units in the same battle. For roadblocks, you need a Jackal loaded with a unit of infantry. I'm not sure if the US forces can use the roadblock mechanics, but I read someone claiming you can in skirmish.
GeneralFerraro

Post by GeneralFerraro »

Rosseau wrote: Sun Sep 09, 2018 1:26 am Why are we getting no feedback on this and other questions from Dev? Usually he is quite talkative. No written user reviews on Steam for DLC. You don't release a product and then disappear, so sort of odd and keeping me away from DLC for now. I think there was a sale of base game, which was a no-brainer for those who didn't have anything, but DLC is a question mark for me with no info hardly at all.
Dev exhaustion? This is a phenomenon that affects devs after a release. I hope the Dev is enjoying some pina colada on a beach. However, he was posting two days ago, so I'm not sure he is taking a well-deserved holiday, he should!!
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

Afghanistan ’11 is back with a new expansion and COIN strategy has never been this intense!

Royal Marines brings back the winning formula of Afghanistan ’11 and innovates on it with plenty new features. A new campaign, a new faction, plenty new units, civilian vehicles, car bombs, roadblocks, Afghan police… Royal Marines is a must-have for all Afghanistan ’11 players.

New UK faction

Lead the British forces in their attempt to stabilize the region, with plenty new units such as the Warthog (capable of traversing mountains), the Scimitar or the Jackal.

New UK Campaign

A new scenario campaign is included for the UK Army, following the deployment of the Royal Marines into Afghanistan. From Operation Ptarmigan to Operation Ghartse Dagger, the new campaign adds 10 new unique scenarios for dozens of hours of additional fun.

Civilian vehicles

Civilian vehicles will now randomly spawn on the Highway and the Roads connected to it and travel across it to other villages. But beware of…

Car Bombs

Civilian vehicles might be carrying explosives which will detonate upon reaching their destination village.

Roadblocks

Build roadblocks to stop and search vehicles and you might be able to prevent a car bomb attack. Doing so will give you Hearts & Minds as well as give you Intel.

Afghan Police

Win enough H&M in a village and you will receive an Afghan Police unit, capable of taking part to Roadblocks as well as to gather Intel in villages without the need of infantry.

Intelligence from Villages

The window of opportunity for gathering intelligence from villages now occurs randomly and only remains available for a random period of time after the fire first starts to burn. This represent the village elders having a meeting and then disbanding.

FOB Capacity

FOBs now have limited capacity to house troops and vehicles. Whenever a FOB is overcrowded, the player will incur PP costs for every unit over the limit.

Automatic trigger of ISAF handover

Whenever a player has an overall H&M score of above 70 for four (4) consecutive turns, the ISAF handover process is automatically triggered.

Special Forces proximity combat modifier

Whenever regular infantry are within the spotting range of a SF unit, they will receive an additional combat bonus.

Uniform

A unique and separate uniform displaying new awards, badges and medals for the UK army has been added.

wasn't on the beta on this DLC,. so just don't know as yet, but as soon as i do, i'll try and answer
DoofusMagnus

Post by DoofusMagnus »

zakblood, that appears to just be a copy-paste of the description of the features. That's not what my question is. I want to know if the new features are also available when playing with the American side.
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

like i've said before, until i've more experience of the game myself, and didn't do the beta DLC, it's unknown to me, but as far as i understand, which maybe wrong, this new stuff is for the UK army only, and not the US side apart from a odd piece maybe, of which i don't yet know either, more play is needed for me.

but that's not to say anyone from the beta or who has it and played it more can't comment on it, please do
DoofusMagnus

Post by DoofusMagnus »

Right, so it's unfortunate that we haven't been able to get a clear answer on these forums, but looking at the Steam discussion boards it appears that the roadblock and police features ARE available as an option in US skirmishes (though it looks like something might be bugged about how the Afghan police units are spawned when playing a US skirmish; I couldn't really follow the issue they were describing).
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

just back off holiday so behind somewhat on replies and game playing still, and had hoped someone from the beta side would have commented and replied here tbh and answered this one by now :cry:
Rosseau

Post by Rosseau »

Hate to say this, but I'd buy it on Steam and refund if you don't like it.

Return to “Afghanistan '11”