LOV REDUX... LoV Enhanced Edition with customized GUI

A forum to discuss custom scenarios, campaigns and modding in general.

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Design, Panzer Corps Moderators

nono hard et heavy
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Re: LOV REDUX... ready and online!

Post by nono hard et heavy »

Mr Soldberg, here is my explanation. I reinstalled Amulet mod by Messmann. But after, I explain to you for the destroyer in your mod : the difference is only visible using the right mouse button
image 1.png
image 1.png (409.24 KiB) Viewed 5415 times
image 2.png
image 2.png (498.82 KiB) Viewed 5415 times
Note the different values according to line vessel / anti submarine.
nono hard et heavy

Now, with the Amulet mod of Messmann, in the unit purchase panel
image 3.png
image 3.png (625.12 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
image 4.png
image 4.png (276.49 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
image 5.png
image 5.png (630.46 KiB) Viewed 5414 times
Note the different values. But with the little white arrow, you can switch to the different modes of the unit.
nono hard et heavy

Now with a different unit in the game.
image 6.png
image 6.png (57.63 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
with
image 7.png
image 7.png (45.83 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
image 8.png
image 8.png (48.55 KiB) Viewed 5412 times
. This is why I lost a destroyer and a submarine: my destroyer found himself in front of an enemy submarine in a line ship mode and my defenseless submarine facing 2 destroyers and a light cruiser.
Last edited by nono hard et heavy on Wed Oct 31, 2018 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nono hard et heavy

Attention, I do not criticize your work, which is excellent. I did not understand the use of the right button. But for the submarine, I do not see. I think there is a surface / dive mode in your mod. But I would like a different icon (it exists, from memory, the mode uboat 1.3).
nono hard et heavy

Hello Mr Soldberg. This is what I meant when he misses the image of the hero.
image 9.png
image 9.png (144.15 KiB) Viewed 5375 times
But maybe it's because I play in French. I will try another day to play in English.
Soldberg
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by Soldberg »

Unit Switch / Multipurpose Units...

Also in LoV-Redux can be "transformed" units. The switch is in a known position ... only the sign / symbol is different ...

All abilities supported by the game are displayed graphically in the "Unit Details" of Redux...

If there are no symbols, there are no abilities.

In the purchase menu, the "transformed" unit can be viewed via the switch symbol. It shows all supported abilities (since PzCrps v1.30)... (see red frame)

Yes... a small detail does not seem to quite fit ... (see yellow frame)

Unit graphics ...

Okay, it's not always easy to tell which mode is currently active, but there's a pretty good way to read the mode elsewhere ... (see green frames)

Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)...

Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)

First, Redux uses its own e-file and needs it as well. It can not be easily replaced by an e-file of a foreign mod.

Redux uses its own e-file. It is based on the vanilla e-file of the original game and has just been extended to include its own units. Original units were not changed. So, original ships (submarines, destroyers, capital ships, etc.) do not have a multipurpose function in Redux. Redux itself has some submarines and destroyers in the unit pool that can be switched ... (Submarines: Surfaced / Submerged; Destroyer: primary / reconmove). Unfortunately, both states use the same graphics unit.

On the other hand, Redux uses a rather unusual file structure ... Instead of integrating the mod into the game as it may otherwise be used, Redux "hides" in the Expansions2 folder ... Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)

The consequence is that most of all previously released mods are not compatible and have no effect on Redux.

Okay² ... still remains the problem with the heroes ... I have not been able to check it yet, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the language ...
nono hard et heavy

Soldberg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:08 pm Unit Switch / Multipurpose Units...

Also in LoV-Redux can be "transformed" units. The switch is in a known position ... only the sign / symbol is different ...

All abilities supported by the game are displayed graphically in the "Unit Details" of Redux...

If there are no symbols, there are no abilities.

In the purchase menu, the "transformed" unit can be viewed via the switch symbol. It shows all supported abilities (since PzCrps v1.30)... (see red frame)

Yes... a small detail does not seem to quite fit ... (see yellow frame)

Unit graphics ...

Okay, it's not always easy to tell which mode is currently active, but there's a pretty good way to read the mode elsewhere ... (see green frames)

Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)...

Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)

First, Redux uses its own e-file and needs it as well. It can not be easily replaced by an e-file of a foreign mod.

Redux uses its own e-file. It is based on the vanilla e-file of the original game and has just been extended to include its own units. Original units were not changed. So, original ships (submarines, destroyers, capital ships, etc.) do not have a multipurpose function in Redux. Redux itself has some submarines and destroyers in the unit pool that can be switched ... (Submarines: Surfaced / Submerged; Destroyer: primary / reconmove). Unfortunately, both states use the same graphics unit.

On the other hand, Redux uses a rather unusual file structure ... Instead of integrating the mod into the game as it may otherwise be used, Redux "hides" in the Expansions2 folder ... Messmann's Amulet Mod (and other similar mods)

The consequence is that most of all previously released mods are not compatible and have no effect on Redux.

Okay² ... still remains the problem with the heroes ... I have not been able to check it yet, but I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the language ...
Hello Mr Soldberg.
Thank you for your explanations that allow me to play better with your mod. It's really very clear. Of course your switch button is different from the original game and other mods but I understand it. Now I can better understand the mechanisms of your mod. Dynamo scenario for me but when i see the campaign tree, what happens after fall rot ?
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

LoV Redux is a "fusion" of two mods ... LoV Classic and LoV Ultimate. The Classic version was released in early December 2013 ... but the Ultimate has never been released.

The first part of LoV Ultimate, which was completed by 2014, dealt with the period 1936-1939 ... For the Redux version, we used this finished (Ultimate) part as "Early Missions" and put it in time and structurally ahead of the LoV Classic campaign ...

Therefore, I give the link to the flowchart of the Classic campaign ...

Flowcharts.rar

After "Fall Red", preparations are made in the Mediterranean to finally occupy all of Africa ... LoV Classic (and thus also Redux) ends after more than 80 scenarios with the capture of Seattle (USA) ...
nono hard et heavy

Hello Mr Soldberg, it is a pleasure and an honor to discuss with you. In the mission Isabella/Felix, I have two Italian submarines. no switch button for them, is this normal? Thanks for flowcharts. Sturmpanzer have no camo desert, bruckenleger too. Have a nice day.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Soldberg wrote: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:44 pm Therefore, I give the link to the flowchart of the Classic campaign ...
Flowcharts.rar
I thought of putting them here just for ease of reference...
ProjectX02.png
ProjectX02.png (41.5 KiB) Viewed 5250 times
ProjectX02.png
ProjectX02.png (41.5 KiB) Viewed 5250 times
ProjectX03.png
ProjectX03.png (31.33 KiB) Viewed 5250 times
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ProjectX04.png
ProjectX04.png (31.77 KiB) Viewed 5244 times
ProjectX05.png
ProjectX05.png (28.94 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
ProjectX06.png
ProjectX06.png (37.04 KiB) Viewed 5239 times
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

The flowcharts were made by nikivdd about five years ago... Sorry, I forgot to mention that. But thank you for posting PeteMitchel!

I am also pleased to discuss Mr. "nono hard et heavy" with you. It may sound weird, but I never really played LoV! LoL ... Isabella / Felix is an "old" scenario (like all others below) from the LoV Classic Campaign. These experienced only a slight adjustment. I believe that more profound changes, such as exchanging units with others, did not happen. So it is normal that submarines have no switching function.
nono hard et heavy

Hello Mr Soldberg. Even if you do not play, I have a little problem and I need an explanation. In scenario Brevity, I destroyed all British units but the result is loss : axis surrender ! Solved, I found my mistake :D
nono hard et heavy

Hello Mr Solberg. I have a question : is your mod compatible with Airbornemongo's Total Elite Mod? In the forum, Niki proposes another version of the mod : LoV-vanilla v0.3 and he's compatible with Total Elite Mod. As niki participated in this mod, I wonder if it's possible. Greetings.
Soldberg

Post by Soldberg »

Niki has created the basics - the maps, the scenarios, the original campaign, but LOV Redux works differently than LOV Classic - uses other resources and is rather unusually integrated into the file structure of Panzer Corps, compared to other mods. In addition, LOV Classic was designed so that you can use your own e-file.

LOV Redux, however, needs "its own" e-file.

Airbornemongo's Total Elite Mod will probably not be compatible with LOV Redux. Sorry ...
tenshin111
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by tenshin111 »

Hey Mr Soldberg!

Is it possible to play this expanded mod by just copying the campaign scenarios and equipment file while keeping the old PzC UI? Or are there some other dependencies?
tenshin111

Post by tenshin111 »

Nevermind, I've just had a quick look at the file structure and yes, this should be playable with "vanilla" Panzer Corps UI.
tenshin111

Post by tenshin111 »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am Hello Mr Solberg. I have a question : is your mod compatible with Airbornemongo's Total Elite Mod? In the forum, Niki proposes another version of the mod : LoV-vanilla v0.3 and he's compatible with Total Elite Mod. As niki participated in this mod, I wonder if it's possible. Greetings.
The Total Elite Mod would need some work to make it compatible. If you're interested in just importing the "SS Units" part of the mod then all you need to do (aside from copying the required rows to the equipment file) is to make sure unit IDs do not overlapp with existing ones. The next step invovles copying all SS unit icons and finally - copying relevant entries to the efx file (so that you get sound and animation effects for the newly added unit icons).

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's mostly copy&paste stuff. And re-assigning IDs for newly added units is a quick job if you use Google Spreadsheet or Excel for the equipment file editing.
nono hard et heavy

tenshin111 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 3:01 pm
nono hard et heavy wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:58 am Hello Mr Solberg. I have a question : is your mod compatible with Airbornemongo's Total Elite Mod? In the forum, Niki proposes another version of the mod : LoV-vanilla v0.3 and he's compatible with Total Elite Mod. As niki participated in this mod, I wonder if it's possible. Greetings.
The Total Elite Mod would need some work to make it compatible. If you're interested in just importing the "SS Units" part of the mod then all you need to do (aside from copying the required rows to the equipment file) is to make sure unit IDs do not overlapp with existing ones. The next step invovles copying all SS unit icons and finally - copying relevant entries to the efx file (so that you get sound and animation effects for the newly added unit icons).

It sounds like a lot of work, but it's mostly copy&paste stuff. And re-assigning IDs for newly added units is a quick job if you use Google Spreadsheet or Excel for the equipment file editing.
Hello.
Yes, it's a big job. I tried with another mod: you have to modify the equipment file, the efx file, graphics units and UI bigunits, all this for one unit. The main problem is to save the equipment file with Excel, better to do it with Notepad but it does not respect the columns like Excel. Greetings.
glaude1955
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by glaude1955 »

nono hard et heavy wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 6:41 pm .../... The main problem is to save the equipment file with Excel, better to do it with Notepad but it does not respect the columns like Excel.
Hello Nono

No problem :D

The attachment enreg sous.jpg is no longer available
NB: I can not put my 2 pictures on the same post and I can not remove the words "The attachment enreg sous.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
enreg sous.jpg
enreg sous.jpg (70.93 KiB) Viewed 4666 times
Last edited by glaude1955 on Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Panzer Corps : Scenario Design”