Post by Nijis »

Challenge issued to Trogilus. Password is "gauls."

Good luck!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Hellenistic Campaign circa 280 B.C.

Post by Nijis »

Two lines of Celtic warriors slammed into each other and the Boii won, rout levels of 50-13. Lots of double-breaks.
mceochaidh
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by mceochaidh »

Klayeckles is taking over Rome for Guido, who needs to withdraw. Klay, please choose where Rome will move. For this turn, it must be a minor state either in the central or west or you may attack Macedon or any of its client states. Please choose a size of battle. Ian will respond and choose terrain. Thanks for joining!

Mac
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by klayeckles »

so i haven't read thru the entire campaign due to extremely slow server...but i want to keep it moving, and i think as rome i can attack apulia...i will do so.
so Ian takes it on?
and do i have any options or other declarations i need to make? if i have any say, i'd probably take agricultural sorry, i'll get deeper into the campaign rules as i get into it and the server is working better.
klay
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Klay,

Apulia already being attacked this turn. You may attack Celtiberia, or any state in central area, Illyria, Macedon or its client states or Sparta. You choose size of battle, large or medium. If you attack a major power (Macedon) battle must be large. Ian will respond and choose terrain. The reason for this is so each player will have a battle each turn.

Hope you get this. I have tried to send it multiple times but keep getting error!

Mac
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

mceochaidh wrote: Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:48 pm Klay,

Apulia already being attacked this turn. You may attack Celtiberia, or any state in central area, Illyria, Macedon or its client states or Sparta. You choose size of battle, large or medium. If you attack a major power (Macedon) battle must be large. Ian will respond and choose terrain. The reason for this is so each player will have a battle each turn.

Hope you get this. I have tried to send it multiple times but keep getting error!

Mac
ok...i'll attack celtiberia in a medium battle. Ian...have at it. (assume celtiberia is from the TT mod?) so I guess ian can choose terrain and set up.
ianiow
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by ianiow »

Klay,

Game posted. pw=ianiow

I assume the Celtiberians use the Spanish list and not a Gallic list?

I don't have the TT mod. Are we using it for this campaign? If so I will re-post the battle.
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Celtiberians use Spanish. We have not been using the TT mod. Rome would be using the list that includes 270 B.C.

Mac
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

I have a question. In the event of a draw, who wins the territory - the attacker or the defender?
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Ian,

The short answer is the defender keeps his state. However, if there is a draw in which the minor state defender does not inflict a minimum of 10% casualties, then ravaging will occur by the attacker causing the minor state to become weakened. If the minor state is already weakened, then the minor state will capitulate and become a client of the attacker.

Mac
ianiow

Post by ianiow »

mceochaidh wrote: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:01 pm Ian,

The short answer is the defender keeps his state. However, if there is a draw in which the minor state defender does not inflict a minimum of 10% casualties, then ravaging will occur by the attacker causing the minor state to become weakened. If the minor state is already weakened, then the minor state will capitulate and become a client of the attacker.

Mac
Thanks Mac, all is clear now and a devious plan has hence formed in my mind. Mwahaha.
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Epirus invaded Apulia and won a decisive victory 30% to 58%. In an interesting game, the Phalanx won the fight for a hill, aided by a timely cavalry charge to cause multiple routs of the Apulian infantry. Well played by TGM!

Mac
mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Now we are waiting for the other battles to be resolved for 270 B.B.

Antigonus (76mm) is invading Bithynia (defended by RBS as Bithynia)
Rome (Klayeckles) is invading Celtiberia (defended by Ian)

In a completed battle, the Gauls (Trogilus) invaded the Boii (Nijis) and was defeated 50% to 13%.

Mac
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mceochaidh wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 7:50 pm Antigonus (76mm) is invading Bithynia (defended by RBS as Bithynia)
The Bithynians (17% routed) defeated the Antigonid invasion (44% routed)

A very good game, thanks.
Richard Bodley Scott

ianiow

Post by ianiow »

The battle is ongoing, but the Celtiberians dont look like they can withstand the might of Rome.
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

The Romans (klayeckles) narrowly defeat the Celtiberians (ianiow) 61:48
had the romans not won when they did, they faced multiple flank attacks...whew! :mrgreen:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

A question.

Are we allowed to use a vassal state's army to invade an adjacent neutral state, instead of using our main field army?

If so, and if we win, will the new vassal state be a direct vassal of our empire, or a vassal of our vassal? If the latter what effect does that have?
Richard Bodley Scott

mceochaidh

Post by mceochaidh »

Richard,

I have incorporated the section of the rules regarding this below:

"The major powers can invade other powers either in its own area (East, Central or West) or an adjacent area. The exceptions are that Ptolemaic Empire and Carthage can invade each other and Gauls may only initially invade Spain, Italy, Epirus, or Thrace. Once a major power wins a client state in another area, the major power can use this state to attack other powers in further areas. For example, If Rome invades and conquers Sparta, Sparta becomes a client state of Rome. In a subsequent turn, Rome can use Sparta as a staging area to invade Bithynia, which is in the East. If Client states are attacked by other powers, their “Patron State” can use its own army to defend or use the minor power’s army.
Certain “barbarian” minor powers, if victorious, can migrate through conquest and invade adjacent areas. These are Galatians and Sarmatians. If these barbarians defeat either major or minor powers decisively in battle or win 2 consecutive battles, they may invade an adjacent area by virtue of conquest. If they win a major victory against a minor power, they occupy that state. If they win but not a major victory, they remain in the minor power and the minor power can only attack this enemy and the reverse. The two adversaries are locked and may only fight each other. If the minor power is a client state, that state’s major power can send its own army in its own turn to attack the barbarians. If this battle is lost by the minor power who was attacked, the barbarian power will control and inhabit the new area they have conquered.
If the barbarians have defeated a major power, they can remain inside the area controlled by the major power. At the end of each turn in which the barbarian power remains in the area of a major power, the major power has its annual income reduced by 200 talents. For example, if the Galatians defeat the Macedonians, the Macedonians will have only 800 talents in income at the end of the year instead of 1000 talents. In subsequent turns, these barbarians can choose to migrate to another area. They can choose to invade any other power that the power they have conquered can invade, limited only by the requirement that they stay in the area they are in and cannot cross water (exception- if the Galatians attack and defeat Thrace, they can, in a subsequent turn, attack across the Propontus to Bithynia). In the example above, if the Galatians defeat Macedon, they could invade Sparta, but not Egypt (Ptolemaics). Galatians must start their migration by invading either Thrace or Macedon.
Sarmatians must start by invading Armenia, Atropatene or Pontus.
Each major power can choose to move and control a barbarian power in any particular turn instead of moving itself, subject to the rules below and the rules governing battle results. This is intended to provide some variety of games for the players and give players a strategic choice."

My original intent was to allow a major power to use a client state as a staging area to attack another state, using its own army. Having said that, the rule as stated above would allow a client state to use its own army for such an attack. However, any conquered state would belong to the major power sponsor, who would also be responsible for the costs whether winning or losing the battle. The exception is when using a barbarian power to attack, as described above.

Does this answer your question?

Mac
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

mceochaidh wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:35 pm Does this answer your question?
Yes, thanks.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II: Tournaments & Leagues”