Mistakes vere made, mein Fuhrer - Endsieg Review and Discuss

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Re: Mistakes vere made, mein Fuhrer - Endsieg Review and Discuss

Post by bebro »

I don't remember anyone specifically saying he wants to have less CP to spend. As per usual if there's anyone I miss here, feel free to correct me.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

It's ok- I am fine with the way things are if that's the predominant feeling of players. As per usual, thanks for considering the request and providing feedback!
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

bebro wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm I don't remember anyone specifically saying he wants to have less CP to spend. As per usual if there's anyone I miss here, feel free to correct me.
I talked about it, but it was only one of the options in the discussion: "what to do to make the game still attractive for veteran players?" :)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

I think we're talking about different subjects. Your point is on the difficulty and probably regarding ratio of enemy to player's units. My point is regarding the general scale of unit quantity in battles on both player and AI side.
TheFilthyCasual
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by TheFilthyCasual »

kondi754 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:59 pm
bebro wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:41 pm I don't remember anyone specifically saying he wants to have less CP to spend. As per usual if there's anyone I miss here, feel free to correct me.
I talked about it, but it was only one of the options in the discussion: "what to do to make the game still attractive for veteran players?" :)
Well I don't know the answer to that but please don't.

I know most of this admittedly-niche wargaming community are old Panzer Generals vets and nothing is a challenge to them anymore but believe it or not, occasionally some noob does pop their head in the door to have a look, see yours truly. :mrgreen:
hrafnkolbrandr
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

Just use the #landcp cheat, and enter a negative number.
kondi754

Post by kondi754 »

ok but like I said it was only one of the options :)
calm down people :wink: I started reading manuals about editing and creating scenarios or campaigns, I stopped counting on devs, I would create a game for myself :D
Admiral_Horthy
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

Yesterday I put togeter my first C# program, which can add two integers and console.write the result on the screen. So we have a chance :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

I don´t want endless massive battles either I was reporting only in regards to the difficulty level. I did find the cp cap a bit low when compared to Panzerkrieg though.

Best and "easiest" fix would in my opinion be more enemy units on Field Marshall and less xp carry-over.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

One comment I have is regarding the AI and general behaviour of it, which has improved a lot since past DLCs. I see the AI falling back a lot earlier to regain efficiency and doing less erratic (though still does it) maneuvers when low on strength/efficiency, instead of resting a turn. Well done!

Has there been some significant change in the programming? Other than tweaking the usual parameters for aggressiveness for example.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

It's usually said the Ai is updated constantly.

The problem is that I don't know anything about the coding background of this, so cannot give you a more in-depth answer ;)

What I can say from side however is that AI scripting has increased dramatically over time - both in options available, and in effort put in various scenarios to make things happen.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

The changes are visible! I see artillery softening, armored spearhead, etc. Not sure if this is random or coordinated as I see the flip-side happening too, but it feels less regular now. Cuddos for improving the IQ of the AI from a 5 year old ones' to about 10! (kidding ofc, I understand it is very difficult).
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

Ooo :? Bad play but tbh I didn't expect this!!! I noticed the Russians was eager to outflank me in the south but my airforce reported just a single tank unit so I let the SU-152 pass and halted the others and cut him off. Unfortunately after a few rounds he had full movement and went for the GOLD objective and I lost !!! Seems I waited to long so he coul'd gain supply from Berdychev and hence make the advance....So restart required .... :shock: :P :oops:
Screenshot 48.jpg
Screenshot 48.jpg (491.6 KiB) Viewed 2897 times
"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance."
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Oi I had that happen to me twice- once exactly in the same way on this scenario and later on the moscow one. Watch out for those asphalt roads because mechanical units with 8 movement points can still travel a lot even when recently cut off from supply.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Admiral_Horthy wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:11 am Yesterday I put togeter my first C# program, which can add two integers and console.write the result on the screen. So we have a chance :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
What have you done ?
Admiral_Horthy

Post by Admiral_Horthy »

Meant to be irony. I added two numbers together and written the result on a console screen :lol: :lol: :lol:
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

Andy2012 wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:09 pm Okay, I am back in Vyazma and Rhzev. Deja vu, just less snowy and I am on the offensive. 8)
Hoarding all that money is now paying dividends. I am able to upgrade all my Stugs to mighty, mighty Jagdpanthers and my inf to 44 versions with Panzerfausts. I also let some of my Nebelwerfers tag along. Even though they mostly excel in defense, these tubes of doom can also support a siege. I post my initial setup on turn 1 below. Notice that I form several Kampfgruppen of AT Jagdpanthers, 2-3 inf, arty and sometimes a Panther G tank. To avoid getting flanked, I advance on a broad front mostly along roads towards my objectives. I will add my FW 190Fs later on. So far, I have shunned ground attack aircraft and went mostly fighters and recon.

Screenshot 220.jpg

Screenshot 221.jpg

Screenshot 222.jpg
Interesting how different we play this DLC regarding cores. Also you have used non-elite replacements to save RP. I have used Elite-replacemant almost 100% and I still end up with more RP here. I guess upgrading to 5x Jagdpanther takes it toll.
My core at Wyzma

3x Panthers G
2x Tigers
1x Inf 44
5x Gebirsjäger 43
3 x Jagdpanther
2x 17cm K18

The SS
4x 17cm K18
1x Engineers 43

I also have 2 engineers 43 that's not deployed here. I will probably go for three pincers and have the flanks protected by aux inf and non mechanized AT.
Screenshot 49 edited.jpg
Screenshot 49 edited.jpg (876.74 KiB) Viewed 2717 times
Andy2012
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Andy2012 »

@Halvralf: That is a lot of tanks and arty. I guess putting all SS CP into arty is also pretty clever, almost an exploit. But in the West, having a solid line of high exp mobile AT, especially Jagdtigers, can cover a lot of ground and support multiple attack pincers. You are very much threatend by heavy armored attacks on your flanks here. Please tell me how that plays out.
Halvralf

Post by Halvralf »

@Andy I haven't deployed the units as I intend to do, it was only done like this to put them into one screenshot :-). I will see what happens but I will protect my flanks. Will comeback with full report when battle done!
hrafnkolbrandr

Post by hrafnkolbrandr »

4 of those Arty as SS is a huge waste of resources. Your SS will just accumulate RP that it doesn't need to spend.

Best use of SS is as a vanguard, because taking losses and RP is never an issue for them.

Return to “Order of Battle Series”