Tides of Conquest campaign tool - new version with Bronze Age scenarios and icons out April 21 2023

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool (SP/MP, currently v0.4 with scenarios for all DLCs)

Post by Nijis »

This thread might be of some help for those who are having trouble with saving...
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 77&t=88598

It seems like a similar problem, albeit affecting the multiplayer (and FoG itself is obviously a completely separate program.)
Tasi
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool (SP/MP, currently v0.4 with scenarios for all DLCs)

Post by Tasi »

I'm following along just in case. Thanks for the tip!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Re: Tides of Conquest campaign tool - recruiting for ongoing Year 500 campaign

Post by Nijis »

Just letting anyone know that we're always looking for new players for the Year 500 campaign.

The campaign thread is here..
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtop ... 71#p758571

If you've had problems installing the .exe, you can still play the campaign by either emailing me what you want to do, or just letting the AI decide and then you fight the battles.

Positions open include:
The Rouran, aka the Yujiulu dynasty, a proto-Mongolic nomad federation
The Hephthalites, aka the White Huns, an India- and Afghan-based empire
The Ostrogoths, currently the successors to western Rome, ruling Italy and duking it out with Byzantium
The Franks, the dominant power in northern France and Germany
The Saxons, currently under siege from a resurgent Romano-British kingdom, but still holding on to Kent
The Yarlungs, a Tibetan confederation
The Guptas, a dominant power in northern India
The Pallavas, a southern Indian kingdom
The Vandals, who've set up a kingdom in north Africa
Last edited by Nijis on Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Standard Nerd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Standard Nerd »

Good News! I believe I have everything functioning correctly! I can boot up the application, save campaigns, and load up campaigns I saved to my computer. Now the only thing I'm struggling with is loading the campaign save I downloaded from the 500 campaign thread. The way I solved the saving crash was by just manually creating the file path - I went to my documents, created a folder named SavedGames, then created a folder named Fog_Campaigns inside there, then created a folder named Player0 inside there.
Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

My new issue is that when I try to load the latest save from the 500 CE campaign, it crashes to desktop. Here is a picture of the main menu showing the load options. The date and other information is suspiciously absent for sav7. Any help solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. I am considering joining the campaign group, but I want to be able run the tool and examine my options. I'm so close!
Attachments
ToC_Loading_Bug.png
ToC_Loading_Bug.png (727.03 KiB) Viewed 5848 times
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Hi Standard - good to hear that! Is the fogsavegame 7 file for the multiplayer campaign, or is it your own save from the 500 CE scenario?

If it's for the multiplayer campaign, you need to run an earlier version of the game - 0.36 or 0.361. The campaign started using 0.36. I revised the saving system in 0.500 because I updated to a new version of MonoGame that did not support my old one.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/bdten0m2c ... 1.rar/file
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wc4d699md ... 6.rar/file

Or if you want to play but are tired of juggling different versions, you can just pick a side, I'll run you through your options, and tell me by email roughly what you want to do.
Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

It was the multiplayer one! I got the old version working on my computer just fine! I think I'm ready to join the multiplayer game as the Sassanids. What do I need to do?
Tasi

Post by Tasi »

Standard Nerd wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:39 am Good News! I believe I have everything functioning correctly! I can boot up the application, save campaigns, and load up campaigns I saved to my computer. Now the only thing I'm struggling with is loading the campaign save I downloaded from the 500 campaign thread. The way I solved the saving crash was by just manually creating the file path - I went to my documents, created a folder named SavedGames, then created a folder named Fog_Campaigns inside there, then created a folder named Player0 inside there.
Thank you for this: I tried creating the path manually again, and it worked! I realise this is the same advice that Nijs gave right at the start, but I think the first time around I must have been creating a Saved Games folder (with a space).
kongxinga
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by kongxinga »

Glad to see a few new faces trying this out!
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

So - Standard Nerd, you are the Padishah of the Sassanid empire. Welcome!

1) Start by downloading this savegame, placing it in your savegame folder, and loading it.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/l4x90f7nc ... 7.sav/file
2) Switch to multiplayer mode
3) Do your orders
4) Save them
5) Find them in the folder, and email it to me.

If that's not clear or you have any trouble finding files or folders, let me know!
Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

Awesome! Are there any ground rules I should know in regards to interacting with other players? For example, should I use this forums PMing service for diplomatic interactions? Do you want to introduce me in the dedicated thread? I look forward joining the game.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Hmm... Ground rules... I don't think there's been much diplomacy - it's legal, but generally speaking the game will push you into fighting most of your neighbors. Also, feel free to use the AI for your realm for suggestions.

One big one - players usually play the AI factions fighting other players, so (for example) if the Ostrogoths are still AI, and they battle the Romans, feel free to take their army in a battle.

I'll introduce you in the dedicated thread.
Cuddlefission

Post by Cuddlefission »

Are you still looking for players for the 500AD campaign? I've just tried out your tool and I think it's fantastic, and I'd like to get into the multiplayer more.
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Cuddlefission wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 10:36 pm Are you still looking for players for the 500AD campaign? I've just tried out your tool and I think it's fantastic, and I'd like to get into the multiplayer more.
New players always welcome. It’s a big world.
Cuddlefission

Post by Cuddlefission »

I was thinking I might try to play the Franks, if that slot is still unspoken for. Clovis' work seems to have stalled, and a new dynasty might have to take the reins if we're going to see a proper successor to the Roman legacy.
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Welcome aboard! I should be processing a new turn shortly.
Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rodia »

Is there any chance to run this campaign tool in .Net 4.0.3 instead of 4.5, for single player?

I'm on Windows XP :oops: :roll:
Nijis
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36
Major - 8.8 cm FlaK 36

Post by Nijis »

Hi Rodia - Monogame seems only to work with 4.5 or above. I tried 4.0 and the solution would not build. Very sorry about that.
Rodia
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Rodia »

Nijis wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:53 pm Hi Rodia - Monogame seems only to work with 4.5 or above. I tried 4.0 and the solution would not build. Very sorry about that.
No worries, I really have to upgrade.

Thanks for checking!
TheGrayMouser
General - Carrier
General - Carrier

Post by TheGrayMouser »

Rodia wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:56 pm
Nijis wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:53 pm Hi Rodia - Monogame seems only to work with 4.5 or above. I tried 4.0 and the solution would not build. Very sorry about that.
No worries, I really have to upgrade.

Thanks for checking!
I have a 32 bit system so cannot use the program, so the program acts as the emperor telling me whom to fight. It s nice to be a simple general sometimes, laying blame on my lost battles at the feet of someone else ;)

Btw , were you the author of the Peloponnesean war scenario for Toaw3? It was well done.

Return to “Field of Glory II”