New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
TimDee58
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: New TT Mod version 1.3.9 AVAILABLE HERE!

Post by TimDee58 »

as ever, exciting work from Paul, KUDOS mate, really!
Juger Gonzo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by Juger Gonzo »

Pike phalanx do have proper small shield in the mode?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Juger Gonzo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:46 pm Pike phalanx do have proper small shield in the mode?
No, they don't. That would require 3d modding skills that I don't have. I can make some visual changes to the units by modifying the alpha channel, such as removing shields or other equipment, but changing the size and shape of shields is impossible for me.

Even if I had the skills and equipment to do the job, no one has access to the modifiable unit models.

Cheers

Paul
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Standard Nerd
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by Standard Nerd »

I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but one thing I've always found odd about the TT mod is that the mod-added Indian Swordsmen are functionally a weaker version of the Indian Javelin-men that cost the same. From what I can tell, both are average protected swordsmen, but the javelin-men have a light spear, and both cost 36. How much is a light spear worth?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Standard Nerd wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:12 pm I apologize if this has been mentioned before, but one thing I've always found odd about the TT mod is that the mod-added Indian Swordsmen are functionally a weaker version of the Indian Javelin-men that cost the same. From what I can tell, both are average protected swordsmen, but the javelin-men have a light spear, and both cost 36. How much is a light spear worth?
Foot Light Spear is actually costed at 0, so the points cost for the Indian Swordsmen is correct.

Some of Indian armies in the table top army list books include Swordsmen/Bladesmen, as well as Javelinmen. Obviously the Indian vanilla FOG2 army lists simplify this by including both of them in the Indian Javelinman unit. I decided to represent them both individually, but I take your point, it is a bit odd to have them costed the same, even though that is how they work out using the points cost chart.

I will have a think about this, and come up with a solution. Obviously, I do not want to delay release of the TT Mod 1.5.3 for such a rare unit, so it will have to wait until the next update. I notice from the army list books that in some armies the Bladesmen are rated as Unprotected. So that might be a possible solution, as that would decrease their points cost to 30. Alternatively, maybe I should just delete them all together and increase the numbers of Indian Javelinmen units?
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

Personally I am in favor of the latter solution. Thank you for the quick response!
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I have deleted the links to the 1.3.9 version of the TT Mod in the first post. This version of the mod will not work with the latest version of Field of Glory II (1.5.3). The links to the new TT Mod 1.5.3 will be posted in a new thread later today or tomorrow.

cheers

Paul

FOGII TT Mod Creator

antiochosvii
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by antiochosvii »

thanks paul! Counting the minutes until release.
Standard Nerd

Post by Standard Nerd »

antiochosvii wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:06 pm thanks paul! Counting the minutes until release.
Hah I second this! I'm visiting the forum every 30 minutes :lol:
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

It's released!

The Release thread with the download links has now been moved to the Stickies section of this forum.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II”