Sound Mod for iPAD?

Byzantine Productions Pike and Shot is a deep strategy game set during the bloody conflict of the Thirty Years War.

Moderators: rbodleyscott, Slitherine Core, Gothic Labs

DonCzirr
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Sound Mod for iPAD?

Post by DonCzirr »

I was recently trying out various scenarios from the download section on the iPAD and noticed that the small arms fire for Odenathus' scenarios does not have sound.

Other recent scenarios work ok.

Is it possible for Richard to make that available for IOS so that iPAD players can get the full experience out of the quality scenarios from Odenathus ?

I know IOS is a pariah's term here in Slither Country but I have bought all of the Byzantine games on IOS and PC as well. And I am sure some others have as well - so if you could make this accommodation, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Don
Man schlägt jemanden mit der Faust und nicht mit gespreizten Fingern !

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100032812112896
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Sound Mod for iPAD?

Post by rbodleyscott »

DonCzirr wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:16 pm I was recently trying out various scenarios from the download section on the iPAD and noticed that the small arms fire for Odenathus' scenarios does not have sound.

Other recent scenarios work ok.

Is it possible for Richard to make that available for IOS so that iPAD players can get the full experience out of the quality scenarios from Odenathus ?

I know IOS is a pariah's term here in Slither Country but I have bought all of the Byzantine games on IOS and PC as well. And I am sure some others have as well - so if you could make this accommodation, I would be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Don
I have a standard way of converting the Pike and Shot: campaigns user content to work with Pike and Shot. I don't think there were any extra sounds added in Pike and Shot: Campaigns, so there should not be any need to add additional sound files for the iPad. Are we sure that the sounds works for these units in the Pike and Shot: Campaigns version of the scenarios?

I will ask Odenathus to check.
Richard Bodley Scott

Odenathus
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by Odenathus »

Hi Don

I think that all the mods do have sound for muskets, rifles, etc, even if the original image didn't (because, for example, it was originally taken from an archer image). This is done by copying a firing sound from a unit that does have it, then pasting that onto a new image in the Battle/Units folder. What you sometimes don't get is the smoke effect, because some images don't have the capacity to emit smoke.

No other players have mentioned this before, and some of them must be using iOs. I'm sure that I've set up the Units folder correctly.

I don't know what else to suggest.

Sorry.

Mark
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

Thanks for replying back on this guys.

It seems that your older scenarios don't show this issue on the iPAD. It's only the newer ones so I thought it might have had some update on the PC side that did not transition well over to iPAD.

An example of an older scenario working without the small arms firing sound effect issue is : Falkirk Muir, Jacobite.

An example of a recent one with the issue is Gravelotte 1870. Smoke effect from small arms fire is fine but there is no firing sound effect.

I downloaded and tested Gravelotte on the PC P&C Campaigns version and the small arms sound effect is fine.

Not sure what is going on.

If you are able to think of anything and come up with a fix, I'd appreciate your efforts.

Else - I'll need to play the newer ones on Android via Steam.

Best regards,
Don

Odenathus

Post by Odenathus »

Really sorry but you've got me here. I'm not much of a PC buff and I don't know what else to do design-wise.

Not being funny but I suppose you've definitely got sound enabled and turned up loud enough?
DonCzirr

Post by DonCzirr »

NP - I was happy to get a reply at all considering it was an IOS side issue. ;)

Yep - volumes are at the same levels for all my tests.

As mentioned previously, on IOS - even in the recent scenarios, the artillery and marching sound effects are fine but the small arms are silent.

Perhaps if there is another IOS P & S player lurking about they can give the Gravelotte 1870 scenario a try and see if they get sound effects for small arms fire ?

Return to “Pike & Shot”