terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Germany East 41-42

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:35 pm Germany East 41-42

Minsk:
Removed non-suitable German commanders.
I never liked using commanders as rewards, so all commanders are available at the start of each campaign. Good commanders were one of Germany's best assets. You can click on the minus-sign to minimize the unit portraits, but unfortunately can't (yet) assign commanders in mini-mode.
Perhaps in this case, give one commander at the beginning and give a new commander per scenario for example ?
Major Victory -> a new commander in the next scenario ?
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by terminator »

Germany East 41-42 1.1, Minsk :

Problem with victory conditions, Defeat impossible ?

Screenshot 1262.jpg
Screenshot 1262.jpg (242.72 KiB) Viewed 3546 times

Question : is it possible to use your scenarios to make my own version with new objectives, less commanders... :?:
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Please feel free to create variants of my scenarios.

Minsk fixed in v1.2
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 9:36 am Please feel free to create variants of my scenarios.
Thank you very much :D
If I find bugs in your scenarios, I’ll take the opportunity to share them with you :idea:
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I rely on you guys to spot any issues.
Ideas for improvements are also welcome, of course.
rafdobrowolski
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by rafdobrowolski »

Hey Erik, thanks for the updates. I notice that in the Belogrod scenario, on the second turn, the "defend Kharkov" primary VP gets a red "X" next to it. I am not moving across the river, but i am moving north. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I tried it multiple times, and i keep loosing on the second turn. Also, Orel scenario is not allowing me to deploy units, scroll the map, nor even start the scenario.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

1Minsk41(Germany East (1941-42) v 1.2 :

:arrow: More Event Popup :

- no Event Popup for the validations of the 2 Secondary Objectives "Air" and "Armor"
- German reinforcement "T-7" :
In PanzerCorps there was a message displayed for the Karl mortar arrival :

Karl.JPG
Karl.JPG (48.17 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

:arrow: Deployment :

- If we deploy at the Scenario Start a plane at this location near the Airfield, at the beginning of the Turn 1, it will reveal the Soviet Cavalry Unit. This was not the case in PanzerCorps because the planes in OoB have more LOS.

Screenshot 1278.jpg
Screenshot 1278.jpg (156.67 KiB) Viewed 3405 times

- Feels like there are holes in the deployment area, forget it?

Screenshot 1276.jpg
Screenshot 1276.jpg (270.99 KiB) Viewed 3405 times
JackoBongo
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JackoBongo »

Hi Erik,
I've played the new Operation Herkules and, although its smaller scale makes it more playable, it's quite hard.
* placement for the airborne and seaborne landings: for some reason it's not possible to deploy units in the south east of Malta. It's a bit surprising considering that the initial plan (as described on WIkipedia) was supposed to have the landings held in southern Malta. It's currently complicated to hold a breach head, as we are trying to land on the most defended beaches. I was able to do so with the help of the paratroopers (which were "screening" the landing forces) and by ignoring the northern island.
* the AA defence of the northern island is way too strong: 2 Oerlikon portee is simply overkill.
* the italian navy in the scenario cannot match its english counterpart: 1 BB, 1 CA and 2 CL on the italian side, 1 BB 2 CA and 4 CL on the british side.
* I also don't understand why the german are having more way more ground ressources than the italians (40 vs 24).

I really hope you can have a look at this scenario.

Btw thanks a lot for your work, I'm having a blast on your campaigns :)
ctskelly
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by ctskelly »

You are the best. Thanks to you, I now have 4600 hours in OOB play time. I'm supposed to be producing a magazine and working on an online Harvard grad School course, but get tempted to play my second time through the whole German campaign.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Thanks, guys.

I'm adding all feedback to my list.
4600 hours....
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

1Minsk41(1.2):

Your triggers for the soviet planes are not working : activated at the start, no target hex ... I do not understand what you wanted to do :?:

Screenshot 1296.jpg
Screenshot 1296.jpg (243.3 KiB) Viewed 3212 times
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

Re West 39-40

I had great fun forward to the first french missions and then I simply get swarmed by enemy units.

The belaguered paratroopers can only survive if I fly them to my main army and drop them there.

The mission (The Hague I think it is) with the city in the middle and the option to sail behind it I got a draw (and then the mission just restarts, no progression). I could have done it in 3-4 more turns or maybe a (much) more aggressive approach, but that would have killed my core.

Same with the next mission (french counterattack - Sedan I think it is), simply way too many french units to fight through in time. Did I count 20 french tanks vs my 3?! A draw and then a restart of the mission, no progression possible.
Erik2

Germany East 41-42

Post by Erik2 »

Minsk:

Whenever a German (land or air) unit gets close to a Soviet airstrip, the air units in the airstrip should launch.
Fixed the trigger conditions.

Germany East 41-42:
Added Dialog option to transfer x resource income pr turn and y Land Command Points from Wehrmacht to Waffen SS at the start of most scenarios.

Link updated to 2.0 in first post.
PalaceEagle
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by PalaceEagle »

Hi Erik....

I also want to thank you very much for ALL the hard work and time you must spend on keeping all up to date, and making the whole series such a 100 % program to enjoy...

Any chance of a Battle of Finland by YOU... as you have the knack of making it all seem sooooooo real, and enjoyable !!, or... Your version of The Battle of Britain.....

Thanks again ...

Pip-pip....

Alan.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Germany East 41-42

Fixed issue with Dialog/transfer of resource income/land command points.

Link updated to 2.1 in first post.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Palace

Thanks.
Battle of Britain is someone elses creation, maybe you mean the official BoB mod wich unfortunately is broken at the moment?

There's a 1v1 Finland scenario here:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=64991&start=20

And Uhu created a whole Finland campaign available here:
viewtopic.php?f=374&t=65107
Erik2

Afrika Korps

Post by Erik2 »

Afrika Korps

Added option to transfer resource income and Command Points from Wehrmacht to Italy in a number of scenarios.

Link updated to 3.3 in first post.
PalaceEagle

Post by PalaceEagle »

Thanks Erik for that info...Yes, I was talking about BoB in the mod section..that is forever being a problem, with nobody taking care of it..very upsetting. BUT, i have the Finland now, thanks to you my friend..Would you like to become our President
over here in the States ? I'm sure the job will be available very soon.......and with your talent..hay, the World is all yours .....

Palace...
PalaceEagle

Post by PalaceEagle »

Erik... The Finland mode is behaving just like BoB, in that it loads up but the 'Single Player' button does not do anything..is this down to the developers not updating, and fixing what they have given us ?
Sadly, I see a LOT of complaints on their page site... I wish they would answer and tell us what is going on..a LOT of people are getting really p@#$#%^ off with them now..YOU, should be at the helm..that would sort it all out in no time I am sure..

Palace (forever)
PalaceEagle

Post by PalaceEagle »

PS.....I forgot to ask you, is their a way to switch from Japanese to Allies in the Philippines mode ? I cannot, and will not use it as it is, as I have a very personnel reason for never ever playing Japanese...I'm sorry but that is the way it is.. This Philippines mode looks really good, and I would so much like to use so as to remember late friends, and family who are no longer here..

Palace..

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”