BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 86] - Allies Victory!

Battle Reports & After Action Reports (AAR's)

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 10]

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sun Jan 13, 2019 1:55 pm Very exciting, thanks again for doing this AAR! :mrgreen:
Thanks for the comments and questions :D
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 11]

Post by Intenso82 »

Turn 11
November 19, 1941
Weather: Cloudy and Mud

Strategic map
_McGuba_t_11_Str.jpg
_McGuba_t_11_Str.jpg (444.97 KiB) Viewed 3695 times

Africa
We re-establish the line of defense in Tobruk.
But our tank units encounters an 8.8cm AA 'Acht-acht' German unit and a well-organized mobile defense.
We have big losses.
To support its troops arrived the Italian fleet.

A submarine in Alexandria is not trying to attack defenseless ships.
Maybe the boat commander has only a reconnaissance mission?
There is a battle in the air.
The Germans transferred an additional Messerschmidt unit here.
Probably from the Eastern front.
_McGuba_t_11_Afrika.jpg
_McGuba_t_11_Afrika.jpg (258.65 KiB) Viewed 3695 times
Last edited by Intenso82 on Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[MOD] RUSSIA AT WAR:1941 - http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=75743
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

North
The enemy continues to attack the fort Krasnaya Gorka.
And apparently, it is preparing to begin the blockade in the next turn.
In the North, we lost an infantry unit.
_McGuba_t_11_Nord.jpg
_McGuba_t_11_Nord.jpg (359.17 KiB) Viewed 3689 times

Centre
From the northwest, German tanks broke through to Moscow.
For defense, we even use anti-aircraft guns set to direct fire.
The command is still trying to save our T-34.

German tanks approached Tula.
Moscow has seen numerous enemy aircraft.
Even Finnish pilots are participating.
Who said that they are fighting only for their territory?
_McGuba_t_11_Center.jpg
_McGuba_t_11_Center.jpg (397.1 KiB) Viewed 3689 times

South
the enemy destroyed our units in Voronezh.
Captured Kharkov.
But in the south, he was repulsed in the Stalino area.

The red line indicates the troops that are now frozen and cannot move. The defrost time at the moment is not exactly known. Due to the shift in the counters of the triggers, it has also doubled.
_McGuba_t_11_UG_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_11_UG_2.jpg (329.78 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Intenso82 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:42 pm The red line indicates the troops that are now frozen and cannot move. The defrost time at the moment is not exactly known. Due to the shift in the counters of the triggers, it has also doubled.
_McGuba_t_11_UG_2.jpg
Oh wow, so will it take even longer now until you can access/move these troops then?

Well, maybe you even need another test then. Anyways, it would really be nice to hear back from the developers on this "counter/trigger" topic/issue...
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:49 pm Oh wow, so will it take even longer now until you can access/move these troops then?
If I remember correctly in the original version, these troops are unfrozen by the time of the Battle of Stalingrad of a 30+ turn, but as a result of shift the triggers, this will happen at about a 50-60 turns.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 12]

Post by Intenso82 »

Turn 12
December 4, 1941
Weather: Snow and Frozen

Strategic map
Snow.
_McGuba_t_12_Str.jpg
_McGuba_t_12_Str.jpg (486.83 KiB) Viewed 3648 times

Africa
Our aircraft launched an air strike against enemy ships.
In the desert, the situation is very bad for us.
The Axis was able to neutralize most of our armored forces.
_McGuba_t_12_Afrika.jpg
_McGuba_t_12_Afrika.jpg (192.53 KiB) Viewed 3648 times
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 12]

Post by Intenso82 »

North
Land-Lease fighters arrived.
The enemy began an operation to eliminate the Volkhov group of troops (in the east of Leningrad).
And we deliver deadly strikes using artillery.
_McGuba_t_12_Nord_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_12_Nord_2.jpg (569.56 KiB) Viewed 3646 times

Centre
Now we have enough strength to organize the full defense of the city.
The Germans stopped the attack and retreated. They also decided to move away from Tula.
We repulsed the first attempt to assault Moscow.
The T-34 rescue operation was successful.
There are many Сonscripts in the infantry.
And in the Gorky area appeared the LL Allied tanks.

The Germans could not take Moscow before the onset of winter. How they counted.
_McGuba_t_12_Center.jpg
_McGuba_t_12_Center.jpg (383.83 KiB) Viewed 3646 times

South
In the Voronezh region, we plan to launch a counter-strike with tanks.
And the STAVKA does not plan to leave Stalino.
_McGuba_t_12_UG_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_12_UG_2.jpg (413.08 KiB) Viewed 3646 times
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 13]

Post by Intenso82 »

Turn 13
December 19, 1941
Weather: Snow and Frozen

Strategic map
_McGuba_t_13_Str.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Str.jpg (485.74 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

Africa
Our troops suffer serious losses.
Very bad.
The enemy submarine launched a torpedo attack of the battleships standing at anchorage.
_McGuba_t_13_Afrika.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Afrika.jpg (239.95 KiB) Viewed 3620 times

We started getting maps in high resolution. This is progress. :)
As I said earlier, screenshots for the Allied side were made at the beginning of the turn.
In this case, we have a screenshot for you at the end of the turn.
Rommel was encircled. Will he be able to escape?
_McGuba_t_13_Afrika2.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Afrika2.jpg (306.55 KiB) Viewed 3620 times
Last edited by Intenso82 on Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

North
Germans systematically destroy Volkovskaya group of troops.
And they continue to attack the fort of Krasnaya Gorka.
_McGuba_t_13_Nord.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Nord.jpg (363.06 KiB) Viewed 3615 times

Centre
Take advantage of the pause, we strengthen the defense of Moscow with artillery.
We are not planning a counter-offensive but decided to conduct a limited offensive against Kalinin.
In response to the German offensive on Tula.
This time, instead of tanks, the Germans decided to attack with infantry. There were detected enemy engineers.
_McGuba_t_13_Center_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Center_2.jpg (448.01 KiB) Viewed 3615 times

Moscow
The Soviets also had the opportunity to receive maps in high resolution.
Does this already affect the help of the Allies?
This is also a screenshot at the end of the turn.
_McGuba_t_13_Moscow.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Moscow.jpg (488.61 KiB) Viewed 3615 times
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

Kursk
We strengthened the defense of Tula and continued the offensive in the Kursk area.
_McGuba_t_13_Kursk_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Kursk_2.jpg (486.69 KiB) Viewed 3612 times

South
The enemy is trying to take Mariupol.
Our fleet bombards the coast.
The STAVKA decided to strengthen the defense of Rostov.
_McGuba_t_13_UG_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_UG_2.jpg (411.47 KiB) Viewed 3612 times

On the map you can see a Soviet unit aircraft with a bottom bomb.
He can only fly over sea hex.
Apparently, the Kerch Strait was blocked by a German plane and my mine air unit was blocked in the Sea of ​​Azov.

I think that it is possible to give such units the opportunity to fly over any hexes.
Also another problem, in my opinion, is that this unit can be seen from the shore or from ships and block the installation of mines with the help of a naval unit.
Perhaps it is worth adding camo trait for these units.
And even recon trait. And maybe also reduce their spot to 0.
And increase air defense. Since mining operations were carried out mainly at night.
It seems that this is all :)))

Black Sea
In the Crimea, we are preparing to conduct the Kerch-Feodosiya landing operation.
By this, we simulate historical events.
More on the link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of ... _Peninsula
_McGuba_t_13_Novoros_2.jpg
_McGuba_t_13_Novoros_2.jpg (487.94 KiB) Viewed 3612 times
goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Post by goose_2 »

Intenso82 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:19 pm

Moscow
The Soviets also had the opportunity to receive maps in high resolution.
Does this already affect the help of the Allies?
This is also a screenshot at the end of the turn.
_McGuba_t_13_Moscow.jpg
This is so very interesting as your forces look unstoppable in Moscow, yet in your playthrough on the Axis side you did take over Moscow...Did you destroy these massive BA looking units of your opponent, or did he not get them deployed based on the speed of your breakthrough?

You also appear to be struggling in Afrika, but if you can in fact destroy or surrender Rommel's Pz3G everything turns around

Thanks for putting up such an outstanding AAR, it is one of the highlights of my day to see a posting from this thread
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 13] - Moscow HOLD?

Post by McGuba »

goose_2 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm This is so very interesting as your forces look unstoppable in Moscow, yet in your playthrough on the Axis side you did take over Moscow...Did you destroy these massive BA looking units of your opponent, or did he not get them deployed based on the speed of your breakthrough?
I did not get several units since he managed to reach Moscow earlier. I counted in the editor and it affects like 7 infantry units, and like 2-4 artillery and tanks each. So it is indeed a sizable force, even though not all of these are in the immediate Moscow area. Originally it is to simulate the mass disruption and chaos caused by the early capture of the Russian capital. (We will never know for sure what could have happened in that case...) But I think it is overdone, especially in the multiplayer game, when each enemy unit counts twice when compared to a match against the silly AI. So I have already decided to reduce it to reduce the importance of the early capture of Moscow a bit because as it is it is pretty much like a win-or-lose situation. Then if the Axis can reach and capture a part of Moscow by the onset of winter, the Allied player will still get some more units to set up a new defense line or to try to recapture it. Other than that it is just too few and basically the outcome of the whole war can be decided in the first 5-10 turns which leaves less fun for the rest and the players may as well decide to end the match in the light of the situation in turn 12. And anyway, since now we are playing with half the prestige, the Axis will also have more resources to tackle a stronger Soviet resistance after winter 1941 wheter or not he is able to reach Moscow.

Also, we agreed that if Moscow falls, the "frozen" Soviet units (those which are out of fuel and thus inactive until much later) would get activated to help the Allied player to form a new defense line with them. And a similar thing will happen to the "frozen" British units at El Alamein if certain conditions are met. But I got ahead of myself, I do not want to spoiler the later developments. :wink:

Just as with the single player game, I would like to make it possible to achieve a victory in several ways, and not just leave one good solution. For the same reason, I have already reduced the defense of Britain as we agreed that it is a bit too strongly defended in this version. Nevertheless, I was indeed contemplating to invade it for a short time after I had some early successes in my Axis game against the Royal Navy, e.g. I managed to sink a heavy cruiser unit in the very first turns, which recklessly came to the Lion's cave - the Bay of Biscay - to attack the German battlecruisers and got caught in the naval minefields and met its early demise (I think it was not mentioned in this AAR). But I quickly dumped the idea due to the strong defenses and the large number of enemy ground units in England. Basically, the Allied player can now see the surrounding seas all the time, even during snowing, and even if an invading fleet can sneak through the naval minefields the Allied player has enough time to fill all the beach hexes with units preventing the Axis player from landing a single unit. So in the next version the minefields around England will be weaker and there will be fewer British ground units, at least in 41-42. This may make it at least theoretically possible to invade Britain as well.
ImageImage
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=36969
goose_2

Re: BATTLEFIELD EUROPE v1.94:MP - Strategy Guide [ALLIES] [Turn 13] - Moscow HOLD?

Post by goose_2 »

McGuba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm
goose_2 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm This is so very interesting as your forces look unstoppable in Moscow, yet in your playthrough on the Axis side you did take over Moscow...Did you destroy these massive BA looking units of your opponent, or did he not get them deployed based on the speed of your breakthrough?
I did not get several units since he managed to reach Moscow earlier. I counted in the editor and it affects like 7 infantry units, and like 2-4 artillery and tanks each. So it is indeed a sizable force, even though not all of these are in the immediate Moscow area. Originally it is to simulate the mass disruption and chaos caused by the early capture of the Russian capital. (We will never know for sure what could have happened in that case...) But I think it is overdone, especially in the multiplayer game, when each enemy unit counts twice when compared to a match against the silly AI. So I have already decided to reduce it to reduce the importance of the early capture of Moscow a bit because as it is it is pretty much like a win-or-lose situation. Then if the Axis can reach and capture a part of Moscow by the onset of winter, the Allied player will still get some more units to set up a new defense line or to try to recapture it. Other than that it is just too few and basically the outcome of the whole war can be decided in the first 5-10 turns which leaves less fun for the rest and the players may as well decide to end the match in the light of the situation in turn 12. And anyway, since now we are playing with half the prestige, the Axis will also have more resources to tackle a stronger Soviet resistance after winter 1941 wheter or not he is able to reach Moscow.

Also, we agreed that if Moscow falls, the "frozen" Soviet units (those which are out of fuel and thus inactive until much later) would get activated to help the Allied player to form a new defense line with them. And a similar thing will happen to the "frozen" British units at El Alamein if certain conditions are met. But I got ahead of myself, I do not want to spoiler the later developments. :wink:

Just as with the single player game, I would like to make it possible to achieve a victory in several ways, and not just leave one good solution. For the same reason, I have already reduced the defense of Britain as we agreed that it is a bit too strongly defended in this version. Nevertheless, I was indeed contemplating to invade it for a short time after I had some early successes in my Axis game against the Royal Navy, e.g. I managed to sink a heavy cruiser unit in the very first turns, which recklessly came to the Lion's cave - the Bay of Biscay - to attack the German battlecruisers and got caught in the naval minefields and met its early demise (I think it was not mentioned in this AAR). But I quickly dumped the idea due to the strong defenses and the large number of enemy ground units in England. Basically, the Allied player can now see the surrounding seas all the time, even during snowing, and even if an invading fleet can sneak through the naval minefields the Allied player has enough time to fill all the beach hexes with units preventing the Axis player from landing a single unit. So in the next version the minefields around England will be weaker and there will be fewer British ground units, at least in 41-42. This may make it at least theoretically possible to invade Britain as well.
Love, love, love it

Keep up this great work
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

McGuba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm Just as with the single player game, I would like to make it possible to achieve a victory in several ways, and not just leave one good solution.
Absolutely agree! :D
Intenso82
Most Successful Mod 2017
Most Successful Mod 2017

Post by Intenso82 »

No reports today, because of D-Day. :D
goose_2 wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:47 pm Thanks for putting up such an outstanding AAR, it is one of the highlights of my day to see a posting from this thread
Thanks for reading and activity in the topic. Glad you like it :)
McGuba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm I was indeed contemplating to invade it for a short time after I had some early successes in my Axis game against the Royal Navy
My recons noticed German units for some time in the ports of France. But there was no certainty that a real invasion was being prepared.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

McGuba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm And anyway, since now we are playing with half the prestige, the Axis will also have more resources to tackle a stronger Soviet resistance after winter 1941 wheter or not he is able to reach Moscow.
@both of you: by the way, what I still wanted to ask: you seem to be doing OK on prestige so far, don't you?
Hassanka
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Hassanka »

Hello, i would like to try this scenario. Iam a above average player. Played this scenario more then once agaist AI.
If anyone wanna play, contact me via pritave message, and we can discus settings.
If we can agree on something, i will give my skype so we can communicate quicker.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Hassanka wrote: Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:17 am Hello, i would like to try this scenario. Iam a above average player. Played this scenario more then once agaist AI.
If anyone wanna play, contact me via pritave message, and we can discus settings.
If we can agree on something, i will give my skype so we can communicate quicker.
Great, I might be available as well if time allows but I think McGuba and Intenso82 are still testing the latest MP version (which is a good thing to do given the length and complexity of this scenario) and a new BE version hasn’t been released yet…
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

Hi, if anyone seriously want to give a try to multi just drop me a line and then I can upload the latest build. I continuously make small changes and tweeks as we go ahead with this test play and as we find small things that can be improved. I can tell that it has changed quite a lot since this version of this AAR and even more since v1.9.
ImageImage
McGuba
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by McGuba »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:50 pm
McGuba wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 8:55 pm And anyway, since now we are playing with half the prestige, the Axis will also have more resources to tackle a stronger Soviet resistance after winter 1941 wheter or not he is able to reach Moscow.
@both of you: by the way, what I still wanted to ask: you seem to be doing OK on prestige so far, don't you?
At this early stage I had enough prestige. Moreso that if I remember well in one of my games the problems with not seeing the opponent ‘s moves (and thus getting only half of the intended prestige) only started at turn 14. But in the later stages I really struggle compared to the same stage in single player.
ImageImage

Return to “Panzer Corps : AAR's”