Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Touhou Project Mod....by the hand of novice

Post by whhzj »

its base on the Touhou project,a series of Japanese bullet hell shooter video games developed by the single-person Team Shanghai Alice. Team Shanghai Alice's sole member, ZUN, independently produces the games' graphics, music, and programming,and later it became so popular and grows and become a Pan-anime-game culture,consist of music,drawings,and fan-made mod for games.
the idea of make a mod original for the P&S,but after some consider,it's lots better for use it on FOG2,and the whole idea start with a fan made mod for mount and blade:warband,called"Touhou Tinder" which imagine in a huge Crisis,the power of those character decayed a lot,(but not all 100%) they cant maintain their formal superior advantage,which cant defeated even 1:100,but and now most of them can be easily overrun by numbers(still a few of them was strong,but far from what they like before)which is impossible before this crisis,so the gensokyo(the place touhou settled,lived with mix up race with human,tenngu,youkai,ghost,devil,god.....etc)was divided,and 7 countries formed,and formal characters now become lords,they gather their multiple-race army,and rest just like the original MBwarband.

so story from now was suitable for a mod for P&S game,but even better with FOG2,for the units a animated ,and allow to make a very strong 1 girl(man) unit.

although I have played P and S game for about 2 year,I don't play the FOG2 a lot,and is the very first time I try to make scenarios.so I checked the P&S forum lot at the modders corner and scenarios design,i don't find much helpful things,only a
wide-intro,just named "secnariors desigh",and a link at the topic of modders cornor http://www.slitherinebravo.net/GameWiki ... _scripting its the manual for the game engine,but i just dont get point on how to make things.....

But surprisingly here at FOG2 i saw Paul 59 are making official guides! Which encourage me much,will Cheak all of them later

The main points:(a lot and consist of novice questions cuz I am so new)

1.unit texture,which even harder now for its a 3D now ,don't know how to create them
2.can weapon be renamed? Sword was so general,and there was quiet a few new weapons,although most of them act just like real world,but still some new things like musket and even magic....too,(but most of the melee weapon still work like before,just the name need to change)
3.Music and sound FX,the music change is optional,but the fight sound need to be change,as all army consist of so called"anime girls" now, i can got correct sound file but dont know how to change
4.intro screen,intro of the battle....etc,jusr like other comminty made battles.

Now most hard thing is the 3D module creation,will need specific tools?but I will trust in self and overcome problems
Attachments
It's possible?hope it be...
It's possible?hope it be...
image.jpeg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 6069 times
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Touhou Project Mod....by the hand of novice

Post by rbodleyscott »

The 3D modelling is going to be your biggest obstacle. None of the FOG2 modders have yet tried this - Paul changes only textures. I myself have no clue about 3D modelling, so cannot help.

The artist who does do the modelling may be able to give you some tips, but at present is up to his eyes in work and it may be some time before he can respond.

So:

1) Paul59 can probably give you some advice on these.

2) Yes, you can rename existing weapons an add new weapons to the Squads file, but you will also need to add strings for them, and script them in CombatTools.BSF and elsewhere.

3) Music: You just need to change the files in the /Data/Music - rename your new files to match the names of the existing files.
SFX: The SFX to use from moving and firing are specified in each unit's .txt file in /Data/Battle/Units. The reference codes for the actual sfx files are specified in /Data/sfx0.txt. The actual sound effect filese are .wav files in /Data/Sounds.

4) It depends whether you want to use the standard UI. If you do it is just a matter of creating the strings in the Editor.
Richard Bodley Scott

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 am The 3D modelling is going to be your biggest obstacle. None of the FOG2 modders have yet tried this - Paul changes only textures. I myself have no clue about 3D modelling, so cannot help.

The artist who does do the modelling may be able to give you some tips, but at present is up to his eyes in work and it may be some time before he can respond.

So:

well,thanks for reply,and I think in the first stage,i should try only change,the texture.....for new 3D model.....will try later
but I don't know even how to start with....how to change texture? :shock:
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Previous post updated.
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Touhou Project Mod........by novice hand

Post by rbodleyscott »

Duplicate thread merged.
Richard Bodley Scott

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 8:12 am The 3D modelling is going to be your biggest obstacle. None of the FOG2 modders have yet tried this - Paul changes only textures. I myself have no clue about 3D modelling, so cannot help.

So:

2) Yes, you can rename existing weapons an add new weapons to the Squads file, but you will also need to add strings for them, and script them in CombatTools.BSF and elsewhere.

3) Music: You just need to change the files in the /Data/Music - rename your new files to match the names of the existing files.
SFX: The SFX to use from moving and firing are specified in each unit's .txt file in /Data/Battle/Units. The reference codes for the actual sfx files are specified in /Data/sfx0.txt. The actual sound effect filese are .wav files in /Data/Sounds.

4) It depends whether you want to use the standard UI. If you do it is just a matter of creating the strings in the Editor.
ok,thx,i see,and now i need to check plau59's guide :D
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

This is also a very useful thread, it is about what all the script files do:

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=80109

When I get some time I will post something about working with textures, but I might not have time to do it today.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

Here is some advice on working with textures:

All unit textures are in the Slitherine/Field of Glory II/Data/Battle/UnitTextures folder.

Notice that there are several sub folders; texture1, texture2 etc. These sub folders contain alternative unit textures that the game allocates semi randomly to the units in a scenario. In any scenario there are two armies/sides, Side0 and Side1. The game uses a colouring convention to visually distinguish the two sides, Pat Ward describes this convention in detail in this post:

viewtopic.php?f=492&t=79817

The game calculates how many textures there are for each unit, including those in the texture sub folders. The first half of the total is allocated to Side0, and the second half to Side1. For example; if there are 6 textures available, the default texture and the textures in texture1 folder and texture2 folder will be allocated to Side0, those in texture3 to texture5 are allocated to Side1.

You will need a graphics editing program to create/edit the texture files. Paint.net is free and will do the job. I do not use it myself, so I cannot comment upon how to use it.

You might also need the Archon tool to allocate new textures to a model:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g2hxyd2l26af ... uT4qa?dl=0

There are three different files for each texture; a Diffuse, a Normal, and a Spec. The diffuse file is the most important.

When you open the diffuse file in your graphics editor you will see something like this:

This is a diffuse file for the Citzen Hoplites. You will need to examine the diffuse texture to see how each section of the texture relates to the model, for instance which is the head, weapons, shield, torso etc. Most of this is obvious, but some it is not, so I recommend you open the unit in the FOG2 editor and open the texture in your graphics editor and compare the two. You can switch between the two programs by pressing ALT+ TAB on your keyboard. Pat's thread also explains how the layout differs for infantry and cavalry etc:

Then use the editor to make the changes to the texture that you want.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 11:53 am See also:

will the DLCs effect the game play so much and there is any new code add in those DLCs and not have in non DLC version?I am thinking will it effect on my mod make?

don't got so much money to pay all 4 DLC
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

whhzj wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

will the DLCs effect the game play so much and there is any new code add in those DLCs and not have in non DLC version?I am thinking will it effect on my mod make?

All of the code changes introduced in the DLCs are also introduced into the base game by the game updates that are released at the same time. So you do not need any of the DLCs. Purchasing the DLCs only allows you to play Epic Battles, Campaigns and armies that are contained in the DLC.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

Paul59 wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:50 am
whhzj wrote: Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:46 am

All of the code changes introduced in the DLCs are also introduced into the base game by the game updates that are released at the same time. So you do not need any of the DLCs. Purchasing the DLCs only allows you to play Epic Battles, Campaigns and armies that are contained in the DLC.
ok.thx,then...can I use photoshop for texture edit? its can outpost file in .PNG,and other things
and I find I cant open the link that you posted which contain the Archon tool I am in china now, can you post as zip/or some way?
Last edited by whhzj on Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

how to move the japanese buildings in P&S and sengouku jidai to the FoG2 game?
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

whhzj wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 am

Photo Shop will work fine, but you will need to install a plugin to allow Photo Shop to work with .dds files. I think the game only works with .dds, not .PNG etc.

If you have Sengoku Jidai, find the folder Slitherine/Sengoku Jidai/Data/Objects/JAPAN. Create an Objects folder in your Mod folder, and then copy and paste the JAPAN folder into the new Objects folder.

If you download the Phillipi user created scenario, and examine it's file structure you can see how it is done. In Phillipi the scenario designer (Odenathus) has used buildings from Pike and Shot to create new forts for his scenario.

You may have to make some changes to the OBJECTS.txt file in the JAPAN folder to get the buildings working properly in FOG2.

Then when you are designing a scenario, click on the "Advanced Mode" button in the Editor, that will allow you to select buildings from the JAPAN folder and place them on your map.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

Paul59 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:26 am
whhzj wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 9:01 am

Photo Shop will work fine, but you will need to install a plugin to allow Photo Shop to work with .dds files. I think the game only works with .dds, not .PNG etc.

If you have Sengoku Jidai, find the folder Slitherine/Sengoku Jidai/Data/Objects/JAPAN. Create an Objects folder in your Mod folder, and then copy and paste the JAPAN folder into the new Objects folder.

If you download the Phillipi user created scenario, and examine it's file structure you can see how it is done. In Phillipi the scenario designer (Odenathus) has used buildings from Pike and Shot to create new forts for his scenario.

You may have to make some changes to the OBJECTS.txt file in the JAPAN folder to get the buildings working properly in FOG2.

Then when you are designing a scenario, click on the "Advanced Mode" button in the Editor, that will allow you to select buildings from the JAPAN folder and place them on your map.
so... i check all of your secnarior edit guide,helped me a lot,(but i am chinese so i might not 100% read all things correctly)(and i am novice sorry),and i think i am only about understand 95% of all guide,but
there is more qustions after watch all posts,some of them are due to not full understand,but more on there is no guide on it

parts on not 100% understanding(and due to lack of exprince)
1.how to edit those files,like ........... .scv? .bsf? and.txt? i konw there is some tools like NotePad ++,I get it,and the origional txt file programe in windows, but at some point i find you are using Notepad (not ++),then i confused, what is the tool i should use when i meet spcifiec form of file?like use "Notepad++ when meet .bsf",use "origional windows .txt editor when meet .txt".......
some thing like this,then i could know how to do it when i meet a file

2.about the texture,i am afriad i still not full understand what all you said and the RBS said,(BTW then i discovered the word RBS is shortcut of Rbodleyscott,i think of "Rifle,Bayonet and Saber"
due to i first saw the word "RBS"come from the weapon mode which he created for P&S)
i get PhotoShop to edit file,but Paul say i need some "plugin" to edit .dds file....what is "plugin"? "plug-in"?,then, how to get some kind of that tool? or i just not use photoshop and use something eles.........and what about that 'archon tool'mean? what the "three different files for each texture; a Diffuse, a Normal, and a Spec. The diffuse file is the most important."
means?
i have read that texture post,but its for real world army,but not suitable for a fantasy army,so that rule not useful

parts on idk and no guide

1.what should i do on unit/texture edit?should i create new texture for existing units,or i need to create new unit,and then put on new texture?if i need to create new ,how to do it?(sorry i dont know about that and need a detail guide)

2.i did find the game (FoG2)SFX folder,it was in form of .WAV,i did got SFX file from that that Mount and Blade mod,but most of them are in .OGG form,and most of them only 1 sec,i need to combine and edit them,for create the compaired SFX in FoG2 game (i.e. use 3 diffrent 1 sec 'anime girl' get hurt sound,combine it,and then get the projectal(arrow,bolt,musket lead,jaevlin......etc. sound)weapon hit on shield,and body sound,then combine all,to get a 5~8 sec new sound)then code into WAV form,and then........

should i replace my existing game SFX file with new SFX file i just created? or something?
and:
1.there is a lot of .WAV SFX in the game(FoG2)folder,and i find there is some file are i heard before in P&S! should i just listen all of it and find theose I need to edit,and edit every one of them?
2.do you know some tools to edit .OGG and .WAV sound file?

sorry for bother both you and RBS,i am novice with a big dream :oops: ,very look forward for you and RBS or some one to reply,dont got too much days left in the vacation. :cry:
Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

1) .csv open with Microsoft Excel
.bsf open with Notepad ++
.txt Notepad

2) A plugin, as far as I understand it, is extra software you can add to your installation of Photoshop, that will allow you to do extra things with Photoshop. A .dds plugin will allow you to edit .dds files. You will need to use Google to find a .dds plugin for your version of Photoshop. You should be able to find a download site that will tell you what to do, and how to install it. I am afraid I cannot help you more than that.

You can use the Archon file to change the name of the texture that the model uses. You may not need to use this, it depends on exactly what you are trying to do.

If you look in the Unittexture folder, you will see that each model has three textures, a diffuse, a normal, and a spec.

For example the African Spearmen has these:

African_Spearmen_Diffuse.dds
African_Spearmen_Normal.dds
African_Spearmen_Spec.dds

If you just want to do a simple retexturing job, the Diffuse file is all you need to edit. It contains all the colour textures for the men, horses, and equipment in that unit.

The normal and spec files are used to give shade or gloss effects to the model. Depending upon what you are changing in the Diffuse file, you can probably ignore these files. I am not an expert in creating these two files, so I cannot give you any more help with these.

The texture conventions may not be useful to you, it is your mod and you can do what you like with it, but it is a useful way to distinguish the two armies, whether they are real world or fantasy. You should read the whole thread though, there could be some useful information in the other posts in the thread.

It is up to you to decide if you want to ctreate new models. or just change the textures of existing models. But creating new models is extremely difficult, even I have no knowledge on how to do that.

I do not know anything about sound editing, but I assume there is Sound editing programs you can use to do what you want.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

Paul59 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:49 pm 1) .csv open with Microsoft Excel
.bsf open with Notepad ++
.txt Notepad

2) A plugin, as far as I understand it, is extra software you can add to your installation of Photoshop, that will allow you to do extra things with Photoshop. A .dds plugin will allow you to edit .dds files. You will need to use Google to find a .dds plugin for your version of Photoshop. You should be able to find a download site that will tell you what to do, and how to install it. I am afraid I cannot help you more than that.

You can use the Archon file to change the name of the texture that the model uses. You may not need to use this, it depends on exactly what you are trying to do.

If you look in the Unittexture folder, you will see that each model has three textures, a diffuse, a normal, and a spec.

For example the African Spearmen has these:

African_Spearmen_Diffuse.dds
African_Spearmen_Normal.dds
African_Spearmen_Spec.dds

If you just want to do a simple retexturing job, the Diffuse file is all you need to edit. It contains all the colour textures for the men, horses, and equipment in that unit.

The normal and spec files are used to give shade or gloss effects to the model. Depending upon what you are changing in the Diffuse file, you can probably ignore these files. I am not an expert in creating these two files, so I cannot give you any more help with these.

The texture conventions may not be useful to you, it is your mod and you can do what you like with it, but it is a useful way to distinguish the two armies, whether they are real world or fantasy. You should read the whole thread though, there could be some useful information in the other posts in the thread.

It is up to you to decide if you want to ctreate new models. or just change the textures of existing models. But creating new models is extremely difficult, even I have no knowledge on how to do that.

I do not know anything about sound editing, but I assume there is Sound editing programs you can use to do what you want.
ok,thx...and i think i need to ask RBS on parts you dont know
whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

hi! It is sorry for bother you again,but theres more qustions after check all guide and after some more discussion....
1. how to edit the unit? or I need to create a new unit ? because I not only need to edit texture,also need to edit the weapon...,vetrerance(level),...type(XXXX foot) all those things
2. how to cerate a new faction? or should I rename a existing faction?(but I find out how to cerate a new banner cuz there is banner make guide) I cant just use romans for anime girls.....
3. sound problem,(detail on the reply above)
4. I find you warn all modders on the file edit several time on the "DO NOT EDIT YOU MAIN GAME BUILD",i find that post but I don't sure how to not edit the main build and edit anything,cuz I only got one game build....
5. how to copy the game to someone(what files I should to copy? there is the main game build at SteamApp/Common/FoG2,but there is some other file I find in Mydoucument/FoG2,should I copy everything?) one of my friends ask me and say he have interest in the game,but he want get a copy to play now,and wait for discount then actully buy the game on steam...
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

whhzj wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am

hi! It is sorry for bother you again,but theres more qustions after check all guide and after some more discussion....
1. how to edit the unit? or I need to create a new unit ? because I not only need to edit texture,also need to edit the weapon...,vetrerance(level),...type(XXXX foot) all those things
You can add new units to a clone of the Squads.csv file in your mod folder. (See item 4 below).

They will need corresponding IDS_UNITNAMEnnn and IDS_UNIT_INFOnnn strings in Text1.txt in your mod folder, where nnn is the number in Column B of the squads file. it needs to be unique.

You should also put #REPLACE in cell A1
2. how to cerate a new faction? or should I rename a existing faction?(but I find out how to cerate a new banner cuz there is banner make guide) I cant just use romans for anime girls.....
You can just add an extra SideID by adding (for example)

IDS_SIDENAME_1000, "Ninja Girls"

in Text1.txt in your mod folder.

Then clone BannerSideIDs.txt from /Core in the main build into the main folder of your mod. (NOT in a /Core subfolder), and allocate sideID 1000 to one pair of banners. (Side0 and Side1)
I am not an expert on this. You will need to look on the internet for free sound editing software. I have used "Audacity" in the past.
4. I find you warn all modders on the file edit several time on the "DO NOT EDIT YOU MAIN GAME BUILD",i find that post but I don't sure how to not edit the main build and edit anything,cuz I only got one game build....
You should create a "New Campaign" in the Editor. (The engine calls all user Content folders "campaigns" even if they are not actual campaigns).

Single Player ones will get saved in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS

Multiplayer ones will get saved in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

This is where all your mods should go. You should not mod anything in the main build.

You need to read this modding document. The file structure for user "campaigns" is shown in the diagram at the end. Note that the file structure is not exactly the same as in the main build. If you put modded files in the correct place in your user "campaign", they will automatically replace the vanilla files when you load up the "campaign". Depending on the type of campaign, your user campaign will appear either in the Epic Battles menu, as a Custom Battles module, or in the list of campaigns.

http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Modding

You will need to add your modded ArmyList.txt file and Squads.csv files to your created folder, in its main folder, not in subfolders like in the main build - see the diagram.

Unit models and animation files go in /Data/Battle/Units and textures go in /Data/Battle/UnitTextures in your created folder.

To make an Epic Battle module or a Custom Battles Module you just need to create the campaign in the editor, and your mod will automatically work for both. If you don't want it to work for Custom Battles, you need to put

NOSKIRMISH

in the Campaign.txt file.

If you want it to be only a custom Battles module you need to put

TYPE 2

If you want to make an actual campaign, you should clone one of the existing Campaigns.
5. how to copy the game to someone(what files I should to copy? there is the main game build at SteamApp/Common/FoG2,but there is some other file I find in Mydoucument/FoG2,should I copy everything?) one of my friends ask me and say he have interest in the game,but he want get a copy to play now,and wait for discount then actully buy the game on steam...
That would be software piracy and breach of copyright. You should not attempt to do it.
Richard Bodley Scott

whhzj
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by whhzj »

rbodleyscott wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:23 am
whhzj wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 5:31 am

You can add new units to a clone of the Squads.csv file in your mod folder. (See item 4 below).

They will need corresponding IDS_UNITNAMEnnn and IDS_UNIT_INFOnnn strings in Text1.txt in your mod folder, where nnn is the number in Column B of the squads file. it needs to be unique.

You should also put #REPLACE in cell A1
You can just add an extra SideID by adding (for example)

IDS_SIDENAME_1000, "Ninja Girls"

in Text1.txt in your mod folder.

Then clone BannerSideIDs.txt from /Core in the main build into the main folder of your mod. (NOT in a /Core subfolder), and allocate sideID 1000 to one pair of banners. (Side0 and Side1)
I am not an expert on this. You will need to look on the internet for free sound editing software. I have used "Audacity" in the past.
You should create a "New Campaign" in the Editor. (The engine calls all user Content folders "campaigns" even if they are not actual campaigns).

Single Player ones will get saved in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/CAMPAIGNS

Multiplayer ones will get saved in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/MULTIPLAYER

This is where all your mods should go. You should not mod anything in the main build.

You need to read this modding document. The file structure for user "campaigns" is shown in the diagram at the end. Note that the file structure is not exactly the same as in the main build. If you put modded files in the correct place in your user "campaign", they will automatically replace the vanilla files when you load up the "campaign". Depending on the type of campaign, your user campaign will appear either in the Epic Battles menu, as a Custom Battles module, or in the list of campaigns.

http://archonwiki.slitherine.com/index.php/Modding

You will need to add your modded ArmyList.txt file and Squads.csv files to your created folder, in its main folder, not in subfolders like in the main build - see the diagram.

Unit models and animation files go in /Data/Battle/Units and textures go in /Data/Battle/UnitTextures in your created folder.

To make an Epic Battle module or a Custom Battles Module you just need to create the campaign in the editor, and your mod will automatically work for both. If you don't want it to work for Custom Battles, you need to put

NOSKIRMISH

If you want it to be only a custom Battles module you need to put

TYPE 2

If you want to make an actual campaign, you should clone one of the existing Campaigns.
That would be software piracy and breach of copyright. You should not attempt to do it.
there is noting but 2 line in the Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/TEXT1
IDS_CAMPAIGN_NAME,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",
IDS_CAMPAIGN_TEXT,"Siege of Moriya Shrine",

what shall I do to cerate new faction?just type new chunk of words? i am using Notepad++to open it due to I cant find download for Notepad
and there is pretty not much things in Mydocuments/Mygames/FOG2/CAMPANGIN/my battle name/should I copy all things from main build and edit?
(wait....do you mean I just edit and add'diffrent' things in the new folder,and when I load the campaign(EPIC battle in fact),the game will auto 'replace" original thing in the game /core temporary? its wonderful,need to say.
and there is still no detail guide on how to edit,or add unit,i don't know how to start,there is no some kind of squads.csv in my mod folder
(oh....should i just randomly copy a unit in original /core folders?(where is them?)and edit name and edit everything?

Return to “Field of Glory II: Modding”