Could moving or charging route indication point be more bold?

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
melm
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Could moving or charging route indication point be more bold?

Post by melm » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:06 am

The current point doesn't stand out and it may be blocked by the models. The color is also the same as the square border. Shall we increase the size or change the color of that indication point or use other indication, for example, arrow?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Could moving or charging route indication point be more bold?

Post by rbodleyscott » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:47 am

Anyone else have a view on this?
Richard Bodley Scott

MVP7
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Post by MVP7 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:49 pm

I have occasionally had trouble seeing where the movement dot is for various reasons (units, banners, terrain etc). It would be nice if the entire square was outlined in different color.

sIg3b
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by sIg3b » Mon Feb 04, 2019 6:13 pm

I am not against that proposition. But while we are at it: Could you make the deployment zone more bold? I find it hardly visible.

MikeC_81
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Post by MikeC_81 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:12 pm

Better contrast on both items mentioned would be nice. Maybe a toggle setting for those who prefer less emphasis.
FoG 2 Post Game Analysis Series on Youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKmEROEwX2fgjoQLlQULhPg/

sIg3b

Post by sIg3b » Mon Feb 04, 2019 7:53 pm

Or, if you want to keep the deployment zone fully transparent, how about a dark delineation?

Paul59
Brigadier-General - 8.8 cm Pak 43/41

Post by Paul59 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:01 pm

This would have to be an optional feature. I would guess that there are many people like me, that would hate to see the look of the game spoilt my ugly markers everywhere. There are even people that want to turn the banners off, because they think they spoil the look of the game! What would they think of this?
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

TT Mod Creator

sIg3b

Post by sIg3b » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm

Well, a line delineating the deployment zones would be visible in the deployment phase only. Would anybody really object to that for aesthetic reasons??

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 10:10 pm

sIg3b wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:40 pm
Well, a line delineating the deployment zones would be visible in the deployment phase only. Would anybody really object to that for aesthetic reasons??
Sorry, I should have made myself clearer, I was referring to the movement indicators, which was the original subject of this thread.

TT Mod Creator

melm

Post by melm » Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 am

Paul59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:01 pm
This would have to be an optional feature. I would guess that there are many people like me, that would hate to see the look of the game spoilt my ugly markers everywhere. There are even people that want to turn the banners off, because they think they spoil the look of the game! What would they think of this?
In my view, banner and indicator are two different things. People want to hide the banner because they think it's unauthentic but always there, even if we don't touch anything in game. However, if one doesn't select the unit or he selects a unit but doesn't move cursor to other square, indicator will not show, that's to say, it is not always in vision. So nice screenshot can always be taken.

Paul59

Post by Paul59 » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:48 am

melm wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:19 am
Paul59 wrote:
Mon Feb 04, 2019 8:01 pm
In my view, banner and indicator are two different things. People want to hide the banner because they think it's unauthentic but always there, even if we don't touch anything in game. However, if one doesn't select the unit or he selects a unit but doesn't move cursor to other square, indicator will not show, that's to say, it is not always in vision. So nice screenshot can always be taken.
It would still be an ugly intrusion in my view. I am perfectly happy for it to be an option, but it should not be imposed on everyone.

TT Mod Creator

pinwolf
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by pinwolf » Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 pm

Another additional thing are the question markers for suspected/hidden troops in woods. The 3d marker object is oriented in such a way that it is clearly visible, when looking at the map from button up ( so that one opponent is on the left, the other the right.) But if you look at the map over your army front towards the enemy, you see only the small side of the 3d question marker object. They are hardly visible at all.

Is this intended in this way?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:33 am

pinwolf wrote:
Tue Feb 05, 2019 11:24 pm
Another additional thing are the question markers for suspected/hidden troops in woods. The 3d marker object is oriented in such a way that it is clearly visible, when looking at the map from button up ( so that one opponent is on the left, the other the right.) But if you look at the map over your army front towards the enemy, you see only the small side of the 3d question marker object. They are hardly visible at all.

Is this intended in this way?
They are actual objects and there is no mechanism to rotate them with the viewpoint. The primary viewpoint is diagonally from the right flank of the player's army. Personally I always play with them turned off as they don't really give any information that isn't fairly obvious from the terrain.
Richard Bodley Scott

Return to “Field of Glory II”