A summer Godendag FOG R

Moderators: terrys, Slitherine Core, FOGR Design

viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

A summer Godendag FOG R

Post by viking123 »

There is no FOG R competition at Britcon.
Michael Baldwin has suggested that the South Wales Wargames Centre would be happy to run a FOG R competition during the summer.
The date being considered is the first weekend in August. What do players think? If we go ahead what theme?
donm2
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: A summer Godendag FOG R

Post by donm2 »

I would be good with that. I know a lot of the Clevedon lads don't go to Britcon so they may be persuaded subject to date.

I cannot do Sunday 4th August.

Don
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

Keith McGlynn has previously run events at the IPMS show for various rulesets which I believe drawn on a similar pool of “SW” players, and that’s usually somewhere around the same weekend as Britcon so that’s something g to be mindful of.

On another train of thought.....

Driving the M5-M6 can be a bit of a schlep I know (and I’m sure The Don has many mondeo-driving carpet-flogging road trip stories to tell, any one of which could kick-start a successful career in country music were they to be turned into a song...) however it’s worth reminding folks that the only reason we’ve dropped FoGR from Britcon is down to declining numbers such that there was a real risk of not achieving 6 entries, which would then have been very unfair on the couple of chaps who usually come over from Sweden (ie book flights etc) to play.

If however the Clevedon/SW crew did decide they fancied a team weekend Oop North (which would then see us hit numbers that were safely clear of marginal viability in Manchester) we’d be happy to reinstate it.

Achieving such dangerous proximity of Baldwin and Canal Streets bars and nightclubs would also be quite a compelling proposition - in fact, we could probably sort out a subsidised entry just to make that happen !
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
viking123
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by viking123 »

Having checked I can not do the first weekend of August.

Bob
davidandlynda
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by davidandlynda »

Firestorm are open in Swindon now
David
donm2

Post by donm2 »

Not sure when you are going to fit this in. There is an IPMS show at Thornbury on Sunday 4th August which most of the SW crew attend.
I always do a Rapid Fire demo game and Kieth runs an ADLG competition at this show.

As Tim says the M4 / M5 is not good in July and August.

Don
Buzz0000

Post by Buzz0000 »

I assume this will not be going ahead on 3/4 August - but will it happen at all?

Return to “Tournaments ”