No AT guns? you gotta be kidding me boy!

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

No AT guns? you gotta be kidding me boy!

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Here's a little scen I threw together in the editor; I'm the Russki defender versus the German AI attacker, 6th Aug 1944.
Jerry is coming down from the north and has breached my river line and I desperately need to buy AT guns to throw in the path of his tanks..

BUT the purchase screen for the AT category (first pic below) contains no cheap AT guns, and I must spend a fortune on expensive tank destroyers!

I went back into the editor (second pic below) and see that the two AT guns I want (45mm and 57mm) are red-X'd which explains why they're not available on the purchase screen.
Furthermore, in the third pic below, the 76mm is also red-X'd and is only artillery class anyway in the game, which is a pity because historically it was also the backbone of the Russki AT gun force when used in the AT role-

So my question is- As I'm not allowed to buy Russki AT guns in Aug 44, am I doing something wrong in the editor, or is the whole unit availability routine at fault?

Below: this is what I need, a few 76.2 jobs like this in the AT role (sniffle)-

GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Re: No AT guns? you gotta be kidding me boy!

Post by GabeKnight »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 1:55 am So my question is- As I'm not allowed to buy Russki AT guns in Aug 44, am I doing something wrong in the editor, or is the whole unit availability routine at fault?
Nah, sounds about right what you're doing. Many units have "expiration" dates, you can't buy them after that. The whole Soviet roster won't get any attention until after the respective DLC's released, probably. For the time being, it's best to preplace the AT units in the editor instead of purchasing them.
Or spawn them with a random trigger :wink:

And Bruce was right BTW, you really should do something about your cold...
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Zis-2 expiry date should be removed :idea:

Zis2.JPG
Zis2.JPG (49.22 KiB) Viewed 2341 times

Zis-2.JPG
Zis-2.JPG (56.79 KiB) Viewed 2341 times
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks guys, maybe there should be an option like in other wargames to make all units "Not date-constrained" so that we can buy whatever we like whenever we like.
Meanwhile I'll have to find a way round it.
Below:76mm gun-

uran21
Panzer Corps Map Designer

Post by uran21 »

:idea: Since you do not escape from stand-alone scenarios and I bet house rules are not unfamiliar to you what you could do for your own enjoyment is to create scenario composed of Auxiliary troops only. Some of them would be preplaced on the map and the others would be in reserve. Availability and expiry dates do not affect reserve list. So according to your own house rules, you can pull units out of reserve.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks, yes "house rules" seems to be the way to go to bypass any restrictions placed on us by the game system...:)
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:16 am Thanks guys, maybe there should be an option like in other wargames to make all units "Not date-constrained" so that we can buy whatever we like whenever we like.
Meanwhile I'll have to find a way round it.
Below:76mm gun-

I see no 76mm gun :D
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

WarHomer wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:21 pm I see no 76mm gun :D
More like 90C? :wink:
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

uran21 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 8:56 am :idea: Since you do not escape from stand-alone scenarios and I bet house rules are not unfamiliar to you what you could do for your own enjoyment is to create scenario composed of Auxiliary troops only. Some of them would be preplaced on the map and the others would be in reserve. Availability and expiry dates do not affect reserve list. So according to your own house rules, you can pull units out of reserve.
Thanks but how do I create an Auxiliary/Reserve list? I can't find a button to tag units as 'Auxiliary or Reserve' (sniffle)
uran21

Post by uran21 »

Units placed on the map are by default auxiliary.
But if you want to change it to the core, check the checkbox marked with red on the image. Button marked with green will open Unit List for a scenario.
Attachments
Core-Aux.jpg
Core-Aux.jpg (814.96 KiB) Viewed 2235 times
uran21

Post by uran21 »

To place a unit in Reserve select unit from the map, open Unit List (marked with green in top post) and click Undeploy Unit that will appear on left side of the screen.
Attachments
UndeployUnit.png
UndeployUnit.png (131.93 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Thanks Uran I'm getting there but I've just had to break out the kleenex once more (sniffle)..
Look, I placed these 4 Russki ground unit Deployment hexes on the map, but when I start the game they're not there!
The only Deployment hexes that appear are 7 in and adjacent to that supply depot flag.
Could it be something to do with those two numbers (circled)?
I've tried changing them to 5 or 10 etc, but nothing seems to happen, what are they for?

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

The number fields are for deployment period, 0 is the deployment phase.
So if you want to be able to use the deployment locations for a scenario's length you could enter 0 99

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”