Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

bwca0056
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: 2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 44-45

Post by bwca0056 »

Erik2 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:26 pm 2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 1.0

Scenario desc:
After their success in France during the Summer 1944 the Allied forces have found their progress slowed to a crawl by the German defences comprising the Westwall. Now deep in the Winter and still on the German border the Allies have decided to wait until the Spring before launching further offensives. However the Germans have other plans: skilfully preparing for a surprise offensive through the Ardennes to recreate their success of 1940. The Luftwaffe have also planned an airstrike against the Allied airbases codenamed 'Bodenplatte'

There's a challenge up with a free slot playing the Germans if you want to participate in the test.
Download link in first post.
OBS! Note that there is a house rule regarding use of air units from the start until the weather clears.
The house rule is explained in a 'note objective'.

preview.png

I apologize if this is in the wrong area. Are you able to make this a 1v1 scenario. With the US and British being 1 player? Love your scenarios. AMazing work!
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Erik's Multiplayer scenarios

Post by Erik2 »

Should be no problem turning Bulge/Rhine into a 1v1 scenario.
But it kind of defeats the German premise for the campaign, trying to split the Allies...
Erik2

2v2 Sicily 1943 beta test

Post by Erik2 »

This scenario covers the Allied invasion of Sicily, 'Operation Husky'.
It is a fairly large scenario.
New feature: Using yes/no dialogs, players may release reinforcements at a cost of resources.

There is a challenge posted with free Italian and German slots.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia9xmyyv6v4qb ... 0.zip?dl=0
Duglor
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Duglor »

Can you possibly make this into a single player scenario? There is a wargame out on the ios with correct italian and german defense positions if you need that.
If you cannot, that's fine :)

If single player, the single player should play us and uk with computer ai being germany and italy.

-Doug :)
Last edited by Duglor on Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
-Call me Douglas or Doug :)
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Scripting the Italians and Germans in this Sicily scenario would be a pretty large job.
Sorry, but I do not have time for this. If anybody else want to use the 2v2 version as a template, please feel free.

I prefer to concentrate on campaigns and multiplayer scenarios.
Erik2

Wintergewitter

Post by Erik2 »

This scenario did not work as a 2v1 scenario. The poor player leading the Stalingrad defenders would eventually end up with none units under his command.
So I have changed it to a 2v2 scenario.
Also redeployed Paulus' units a bit and added some minefields along the perimeter.

Link updated in first post.
Erik2

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.1

Post by Erik2 »

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.1

This scenario is really bloody with a number of divisions being destructed...
Added purchase abilities to get some units back on the field.
Increased number of turns from 42 to 56 and set day/turn = 1. This should handle the air situation and later reinforcements/withdrawals better.

Marcel1984pl

Post by Marcel1984pl »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:44 pm
uran21 wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:38 pm Currently seeing as inaccessible:
1v1 Crete 1941 2.1
1v1 Market-Garden 2.1

Although outdated I only have 2v1 Wintergewitter 1942 2.0 and that one is too affected.
Both Crete and M-G are ok folder name vs scen desc.
This is odd, I suspect something's iffy with the multiplayer server. There have been some gateway errors lately as well.
I hope the forthcoming patch will fix these issues.
I have noticed the same problem with "1v1 Poland 1939" and "1v1 Road to Leningrad 2.3". I have them in "Scenarios" but I cannot join currently opened challenges by other players (the name of the scenario looks the same). "Scenario not isntalled on your device" pops up. I can start challenges with these scenarios but just cannot join them. Downloaded Leningrad today and Polish one around week ago so both are fresh and updated and my OOB is patched to the newest version.

On the other hand I can join "2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.0" but I downloaded it the same way and it is in the same location as the two above.

Is there any sollution for that as it is quite frustrating and do also encounter the same problems? Appreciate your help as I would love to check these battles...
conboy
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by conboy »

@Marcel,
I have the same problem -- Erik is aware of it and so are the Devs and the other Moderators. Hopefully the new patch will fix the issue. The problem is you can issue challenges fine but cannot join a challenge. This is only for custom scenarios, the Slitherine scenarios work just fine. I got that too, along with a headache and general neuralgia...

conboy
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:12 pm This scenario covers the Allied invasion of Sicily, 'Operation Husky'.
It is a fairly large scenario.
New feature: Using yes/no dialogs, players may release reinforcements at a cost of resources.

There is a challenge posted with free Italian and German slots.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ia9xmyyv6v4qb ... 0.zip?dl=0
Duglor wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:52 pm Can you possibly make this into a single player scenario? There is a wargame out on the ios with correct italian and german defense positions if you need that.
If you cannot, that's fine :)

If single player, the single player should play us and uk with computer ai being germany and italy.

-Doug :)
Erik2 wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:40 am Scripting the Italians and Germans in this Sicily scenario would be a pretty large job.
Sorry, but I do not have time for this. If anybody else want to use the 2v2 version as a template, please feel free.

I prefer to concentrate on campaigns and multiplayer scenarios.
I will take up that challenge if you don't mind, Erik. This is extraordinary; I was going to ask if I could use your map because I have long been contemplating doing a single-player scenario based on the Sicily campaign and here you already offer it! :)

By the way, while the link above works, the one in your OP is pointing elsewhere:

Image0202.jpg
Image0202.jpg (144.21 KiB) Viewed 3131 times
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

I often have multiplayer games going with different versions of the same scenario.
Sometimes I clean up/delete scenario folders that should be left alone. i delete a scenario folder containing an old version, but I still play it on multiplayer :oops:
Solution:
I just duplicate one of the newer scenario folders of the same scenario and change the folder name to the old one highlighted red on the server.
Exit OOB and relaunch. Then I am able to continue the previously red game.

I think this is possible because all the (custom) scenario files resides on the server after a game challenge is set up and joined. So when I launch my turn the whole thing is being downloaded to my PC, and the multiplayer system needs to know in which folder to put the stuff.
Anyhow, that is my theory :roll:
Erik2

2v2 Sicily

Post by Erik2 »

Fixed Sicily link.

Bru, you can of course use whatever parts of my scenarios you need.
conboy

Post by conboy »

Erik and I just completed playing each side of Road to Moscow 4.2. I spanked him playing the Soviet side and about 10 turns later won the victory on the German side. So this is balanced. It's also a blast -- really good OoB stuff. Lots of air (of course, it's an Erik scenario) and you'll find many ways to trip up your opponent. The turn limit is set correctly too, I finished the German side on turn 44 of 48, I believe.

If you're playing the USSR side, I recommend shoring up the air defenses and setting up a defense using terrain to your advantage. Get the infantry updated and dig in. If the Germans ever break through in one place, your whole front is in danger of rolling up like dominoes -- watch your flanks!

If you're playing the German side, try not to get bogged down. Keep poking until you find a weak spot and go for broke when you find it. Try to keep moving east until you break through, then either go for Moscow or crash into the Soviet flanks to break out another attacking force. There aren't enough German engineers here so maybe convert some infantry to engineers -- you'll need them.

This is good for new guys too because you can make lots of mistakes but still stay in the game if your strategy is good.

Enjoy -- Erik, this one is DONE! excellent excellent excellent!

conboy
bwca0056

Post by bwca0056 »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:59 am Should be no problem turning Bulge/Rhine into a 1v1 scenario.
But it kind of defeats the German premise for the campaign, trying to split the Allies...
I understand where you are coming from. My brother and I really enjoy playing these games 1v1. He likes being the Allies and I like being the Axis. Loved your Market Garden Scenario. What Scenario would you recommend that is 1v1 that involves a large map lots of pieces and multiple strategies. Currently playing Road to Leningrad. Excellent so far. Your work on these games is amazing. Thanks for all your effort.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

bwa

Thanks.

Road to Moscow (see conboy's comment above) and Road to Dnepropetrovsk are similar in scope to Road to Leningrad. (At some point I need to finished the next in this series, Road to Smolensk...)

Personally I also like Crete. Interesting strategic and tactical options for both the Allies and the Germans.

The fairly new Wintergewitter was recently changed from 2v1 to 1v1. This haven't been played in multiplayer much, so not sure about the play-balance yet.

All of these scenarios have large maps and a fair number of units.

(Bulge to Rhine needs more play-testing 2v1 before making a 1v1 version.)
Duglor

Post by Duglor »

bru888, re- SICILY SOLO VERSION-------
A little app if you want to some help and have an ipad/iphone is https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/wargame ... 50156?mt=8
Sicily 1943 by David Kershaw. It has the defensive deployment of the Italians and Germans which is crucial for the Allies. This is because there are sort of 2 weak points/holes that the Allies have to punch and hurry through to reach their objectives and scatter the enemy. Without these weak points in the Axis setup, I don't think the Allies would have done as well as they did. It would just be a nice guide if you want some help.. some nice screenshots on that page too.

I wish you well. A meatier version of that little game would be wonderful. Thanks for undertaking the challenge :D

-Doug in California
-Call me Douglas or Doug :)
Erik2

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.2

Post by Erik2 »

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.2

Reduced resources income for all nations.
About halved the number of air units for both sides.
Added info about reforming dead core units (there are no purchase options).

cincin
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by cincin »

Erik,

In Bulge to the Rhine 2.2, all sides can still purchase new units.

Also, could you update the Velikiye Luki link to 2.5, or is there something you'd like changed in the proposed update?
Erik2

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.3

Post by Erik2 »

2v1 Bulge to the Rhine 2.3

Removed purchase options.

Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

cincin wrote: Sun Mar 03, 2019 3:17 am Erik,

In Bulge to the Rhine 2.2, all sides can still purchase new units.

Also, could you update the Velikiye Luki link to 2.5, or is there something you'd like changed in the proposed update?
Is there a Velikiye 2.5 floating around? I only got a 2.4... :roll:

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”