The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

sunnyboy
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Biblical: winners post your results here . . .

Post by sunnyboy » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:47 am

Div B
sunnyboy (Urartian 681 -585 BC) beat Jagger2002 (Carthaginian 550-411 BC), 63 – 51

Tough hard-fought battle, which commenced with a collective groan and cries of “IDIOT!" from the Urartian foot as their commander ordered his fragile army to cross a perfectly positioned and defensible deep stream.
After some initial posturing and manoeuvre the Urartians opened proceedings with desultory archery fire on the Carthaginian right. An overly enthusiastic pursuit of some typically cowardly Urartian horse archers resulted in an exposed flank. The situation was exploited by the Urartian’s and two heavy foot units were routed in short order leaving the enemy right in critical danger. The Carthaginian responded quickly rushing reserves to stabilise the endangered flank. With the opportunity for a quick result gone, both armies slugged it out in a long and bloody fight.
Although man for man superior the Carthaginians were outnumbered on their left and were slowly ground down. Along the rest of the line Urartian reserves were able to regularly plug gaps created by the Carthaginian heavy offensive spear beating up on my feeble Urartian foot. In the end, the crumbling Urartian line held out just long enough. As casualties mounted the 60% threshold was reached and the impressive Carthaginian come back was cut short.
Well played Ken an enjoyable game.

(3-1)

klayeckles
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by klayeckles » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:08 am

Div A
klayeckles (assyrian) beats markwatson360 (lydian) 61 to 39
Assyrians managed to get to the hills first and the incessant arrow volleys forced the Lydians to do things they really didn't want to do (fight an uphill battle)

GDod
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Post by GDod » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:04 am

Division B
GDod (Syracusan) beats XLegione (Phoenician) 44 -15

in a clash of battle lines where the heavy Syracusan foot tended to gain supremacy without too much interference from either terrain, or Phoenician attempts to turn the flanks

herm
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by herm » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:34 am

Div C

herm (ostrogoths) beat Ulysisgrunt (german horse tribes) 50 - 21

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Re: The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:53 am

obs

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 am

My post has disappeared. What has happened?

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:26 am

stockwellpete wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:18 am
Hmm, my reply has disappeared too.

It is possible that I edited your post by mistake instead of quoting it. If so, my humblest grovelling apologies.

But if so, why has my reply disappeared too?
Richard Bodley Scott

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:26 am
stockwellpete wrote:
Oh crap, my humblest apologies.

I think I must have edited your post by mistake instead of quoting it.

I am really sorry, such a long post too. I don't think there is any way of restoring it, other than typing it in again.

Grovelling apologies.
See, I am telling you. My luck with this game is appalling. :(

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:31 am

stockwellpete wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:28 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 9:26 am
stockwellpete wrote:
Oh crap, my humblest apologies.

I think I must have edited your post by mistake instead of quoting it.

I am really sorry, such a long post too. I don't think there is any way of restoring it, other than typing it in again.

Grovelling apologies.
See, I am telling you. My luck with this game is appalling. :(
I am really sorry. It is one of the hazards of being a moderator, but I should be more careful.

Typical that it should happen with such a long post, and no way of restoring it as far as I know..
Richard Bodley Scott

Doyley50
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Doyley50 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:52 am

Division D

Doyley50 (Spanish Sertorius) challenges Lydianed (Kappadokian) pwd Doyley50. PM sent.

ianiow
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by ianiow » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:09 pm

Div A

ianiow (Egypt) defeated stockwellpete (Carthage) 44 vs 18

Geffalrus
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Geffalrus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:14 pm

Division C

Geffalrus (Bretons) snatches victory from the jaws of defeat against mkjhartman (Scots-Irish), 57-31. Good game to my opponent. I have now finished all 9 of my matches.

Neither the Breton cavalry, nor the Scots-Irish infantry horde were all that happy to be fighting in the confined spaces of the mountain pass. The Breton infantry tried to hold the hill on the right flank, but where overwhelmed by superior numbers and the Scots-Irish Picked infantry. On the left, the Scots-Irish infantry was successfully weakened by horse archers before being decisively charged by the Breton heavy cavalry. A large number of lucky rolls later, the Bretons succeeded in rolling up enough of the enemy line to outweigh their losses on the hill. A messy affair from start to end.

The Battle of the Cold Gates.
Screen_00000304.jpg
Screen_00000304.jpg (450.07 KiB) Viewed 625 times

dkalenda
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by dkalenda » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:39 pm

Division A

dkalenda (Hun, Sabir) beats paulmcneil (Armenian) AD 64-40

Geffalrus
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Geffalrus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:46 pm

Division C

Geffalrus (Athenians) defeats cromlechi (Cypriots) after a hard fought battle of 51-25. Seriously great game that I thought I was gonna lose up until the very end.

Cromlechi led off with a smart move of marching his whole army to large hill in front of the forest on my left flank. Prepared for a more conventional face-off, I was caught flat footed. To get Crom off his hill, I sent a force of raw hoplites on a loooooong march around the forest to the hill behind. My armored hoplites and veterans were tasked with facing his heavies with the slope in their favor. It was not a complete disaster, but my center was suitably trashed. My right had better luck against his Cypriot foot on open ground, and my hoplites broke medium after medium. The raw hoplites did their part, breaking some mediums as well, while my skirmishers were able to scatter their opposite numbers. While Crom's center ate into my initial point lead, a lucky rally by a broken raw hoplite put me just over the victory threshold, bringing the fight to a sudden close. Tip of the hat to Crom for a tense battle beginning to end. Plus some solid trash talk while we marched into position. ;-)

The crucial hill.
Screen_00000305.jpg
Screen_00000305.jpg (572.44 KiB) Viewed 588 times

Geffalrus
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Geffalrus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:55 pm

All this talk about luck makes me think that I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts..........

stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:40 pm

Geffalrus wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 6:55 pm
All this talk about luck makes me think that I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts..........
Well, whatever you are doing, it seem to be working! :lol:

Jagger2002
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Jagger2002 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm

I'm the only one burning meat offerings to the gods before every match starts
I use to do that but I found the Gods would go to siesta immediately afterwards and often could not be awakened when needed. Much better to woo Ms. Fickle Fate. If she is by your side, you are going to win. Of course, just prior to my latest game with Sunnyboy, I lost patience and made the mistake of mentioning that Ms Fate's apartment was a pigsty and if she would just spend 10 minutes a day cleaning up instead of watching Oprah all day, it might not look like it was hit by a tornado. A clearly rational and reasonable comment well meant but the results were catastrophic. My guys couldn't pass a cohesion check to save their lives, chain routs and generals dropping like flies. It was a field day for Mr Dastardly Doom. Well I guess it is back to burnt offerings for awhile. Better than nothing.
Last edited by Jagger2002 on Sun Mar 10, 2019 1:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

MorkinTheFree
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by MorkinTheFree » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:02 pm

Division C

MorkinTheFree (Romano-British 407-599 AD) drew with Karvon (Moorish 350-698 AD) 33-28

(2-2)

MorkinTheFree
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Classical Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by MorkinTheFree » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:09 pm

Div C

MorkinTheFree (Pyrrhic) challenges blobka (Samnites 355 - 272 BC). Password is 1234

Geffalrus
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Geffalrus » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:39 pm

Jagger2002 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:28 pm
I use to do that but I found the Gods would go to siesta immediately afterwards and often could not be awakened when needed. Much better to woo Ms. Fickle Fate. If she is by your side, you are going to win. Of course, just prior to my latest game with Sunnyboy, I lost patience and made the mistake of mentioning that Ms Fate's apartment was a pigsty and if she would just spend 10 minutes a day cleaning up instead of watching Oprah all day, it might not look like it was hit by a tornado. A clearly logical and rational comment well meant but the results were catastrophic. My guys couldn't pass a cohesion check to save their lives, chain routs, and generals dropping like flies. It was a field day for Mr Dastardly Doom. Well I guess it is back to burnt offerings for awhile. Better than nothing.
I don't know what exactly Sunny is burning, but after my experience with him on the field, I can only conclude that it is clearly the GOOD SHIT.

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”