Why Panzer Corps 2 will fail

A new story begins...
The sequel to a real classic: Panzer Corps is back!

Moderator: Panzer Corps 2 Moderators

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Re: Why Panzer Corps 2 will fail

Post by zakblood »

caca wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:47 am
jeffoot77 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 11:34 am --> ok then, why still no dev diary on AI ??
Because - "You can not grasp the immensity".
Kozma Prutkov.
lol well said, some people couldn't understand a good game if they made it themselves from a wish list they also themselves made :mrgreen:
OldFocker
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by OldFocker »

Panzer Corps 2 will not fail at all in my view because most fans of the original will probably buy the new release, making it successful in terms of sales and a user base. There is also the fact that the game-playing demographic is becoming older and a lot of folk these days want turn-based, historic strategy games (as well as other genres). And so what if PC2 isn't radically different from the original? I don't think it's supposed to be even with enhancements and new options. If there's a common gripe it may be related to the graphics, their relative sizes and clarity. But the game won't fail!
jomni
Sengoku Jidai
Sengoku Jidai

Post by jomni »

Well, we now have new game modes, random map, coop.
It’s more than just a remake.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by ClaireRedfieldU »

jomni wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:18 am Well, we now have new game modes, random map, coop.
It’s more than just a remake.
This is not a remake! This is a remastered!
They declared the game as a sequel, and if they make a remastered under the guise of continuing, then this is a hoax of players!
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Example: Little indie studio "Team Cherry" made a super hit "Hollow Knight"; developers from "Team Cherry" have set a new bar for "metroidvania" , which will not be easy for others to achieve. You can say restarted the whole genre. In the sequel called "Hollow Knight: Silksong" there will be 150 new enemies! New locations! new main character!
And what will be new in Panzer Corps 2?
New units? NOT! they were invented by engineers of the USSR, Germany, USA and so on.
Campaign Script? Not! He was written by world history.
New modes? They were taken from " Age of Mythology"
Where is the sequel?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

I kind of don’t understand why you keep coming back to this negative perspective… maybe just let them release the beta version first and then we will see what the full commercial version will entail… and I guess nobody will force you to buy it if you don’t like it…
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm I kind of don’t understand why you keep coming back to this negative perspective… maybe just let them release the beta version first and then we will see what the full commercial version will entail… and I guess nobody will force you to buy it if you don’t like it…
What is the problem? A new diary of developers has been released, I like the others leave comments.
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:44 pm
PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm I kind of don’t understand why you keep coming back to this negative perspective… maybe just let them release the beta version first and then we will see what the full commercial version will entail… and I guess nobody will force you to buy it if you don’t like it…
What is the problem? A new diary of developers has been released, I like the others leave comments.
There is no problem... I just believe being a bit more positive is just more energizing (to the developers and everyone else) than being negative... that's all :|
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:00 pm
There is no problem... being a bit more positive is just more energizing (to the developers and everyone else) than being negative... that's all :|
Yeah!,... I get that "Serious-Attitude-Problem" myself from time to time. The passage of time will eventually make it pass.

For now, feel free to 'Constructively-Criticize',...but...at the same time...then submit your solution to remedy the festering-defect that you have issue with!.
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

There is no problem... I just believe being a bit more positive is just more energizing (to the developers and everyone else) than being negative... that's all :|
Maybe talk essentially? Concept continuation of Panzer Corps 2 where is she?
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Retributarr wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:12 pm

There is no problem... being a bit more positive is just more energizing (to the developers and everyone else) than being negative... that's all :|
Yeah!,... I get that "Serious-Attitude-Problem" myself from time to time. The passage of time will eventually make it pass.

For now, feel free to 'Constructively-Criticize',...but...at the same time...then submit your solution to remedy the festering-defect that you have issue with!.
???
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

please keep it civil, consider it friendly advice or i'll put my MOD hat on and edit some posts and not be so nice
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Are you missing one example? I can bring more!
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Yeah, maybe you have a valid point but I am sure they have done a commercial market sizing before going into development stages... maybe the game concept can still be enhanced but game developers/publishers operate in competitive environments as well, so if they don’t sell enough I am sure they will adjust the concept as well… and by the way, there are many similar but also different games available nowadays… so a lot of free choice… I wouldn't worry too much... speaking for me personally, I still like the overall concept and I am even not done yet playing all the PzC 1 DLC content (not to mention most mods)...
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:40 pm

Yeah, maybe you have a valid point but I am sure they have done a commercial market sizing before going into development stages... maybe the game concept can still be enhanced but game developers/publishers operate in competitive environments as well, so if they don’t sell enough I am sure they will adjust the concept as well… and by the way, there are many similar but also different games available nowadays… so a lot of free choice… I wouldn't worry too much... speaking for me personally, I still like the overall concept and I am even not done yet playing all the PzC 1 DLC content (not to mention most mods)...
I will repeat my question: What will be new in Panzer Corps 2?
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Well, I guess I have seen as much as you have seen so far... so I don’t know more than you do and there is also no need for me to quote all the dev diaries/announcements...
Please don't get me wrong/no hard feelings... I am just curious about what they will bring to the market, I try to give constructive ideas where I can and let them do their best... the market will decide the rest... at least that's my view...
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:01 pm
ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Well, I guess I have seen as much as you have seen so far... so I don’t know more than you do and there is also no need for me to quote all the dev diaries/announcements...
Please don't get me wrong/no hard feelings... I am just curious about what they will bring to the market, I try to give constructive ideas where I can and let them do their best... the market will decide the rest... at least that's my view...
Answer: Nothing.
About this, I say outdated gameplay, the lack of new units, the lack of a new scenario, all that was in the first panzer corps. Where is the promised continuation? Why cheat the players?
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

seem my warning didn't get listened to, so i've asked this thread to be locked or moderated by staff, please don't say i didn't ask nicely
PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

ClaireRedfieldU wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:10 pm Where is the promised continuation? Why cheat the players?
Well, why don't you just PM Rudankort and Iain McNeil directly to get their view? They are in charge I guess…

I doubt there is any point in repeating your view here all the time…
ClaireRedfieldU
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

zakblood wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:15 pm seem my warning didn't get listened to, so i've asked this thread to be locked or moderated by staff, please don't say i didn't ask nicely
Freedom of speech in European :D
I responded to comments left by me!

Return to “Panzer Corps 2”