Erik's campaigns & mods

Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Re: Erik's campaigns

Post by Erik2 »

terminator wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 7:59 am
Erik2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm Beta-testing OOB stuff on the PC or on my brand new PlayStation 4 (!) may delay proceedings though :wink:
I don’t see any Beta on the horizon :(
Did you buy a PS4 specially for the release of OoB WWII on console ?
Maybe OoB WWII will be VR Compatible on PS4 :wink:
My London-based daughter visited recently with her new Nintendo Switch, we played some racing game and I was hooked :D
So I bought a PS4 primarily to race around with family & friends 8) . Playing OOB on the thang is a bonus :wink:
WarHomer
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by WarHomer »

terminator wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 12:43 pm
WarHomer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 am The latest changes to Afrika Korps have had some unfortunate consequenses
I´m at mission 9 now (highest difficulty) and have more than 2500 prestige for both Germany and Italy. I´ve only done elite replacements and buy and upgrade whatever I like.
I think this might have something to do with all the added turns which in most cases aren´t needed.
Does this mean that once you are sure to win, you wait for the last turns to finish the mission and therefore you benefit from the maximum resources per turn ?
No, I never wait for more ressources ( I actually thought I got the rest automatically).

There are a few long missions where you have to play till the end, and I actually don´t like this. Just found out that you can just keep pressing the button in the lower right corner, you don´t have to click on the pop-up between each turn :-)

I played at least 2-3 missions where I had to do this for 10-15 turns...
WarHomer

Post by WarHomer »

Erik2 wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:02 pm
WarHomer wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 11:59 am The latest changes to Afrika Korps have had some unfortunate consequenses

I´m at mission 9 now (highest difficulty) and have more than 2500 prestige for both Germany and Italy. I´ve only done elite replacements and buy and upgrade whatever I like.

I think this might have something to do with all the added turns which in most cases aren´t needed.

What are you working on next, Erik?
Noted. I will probably dial down the resource income pr turn for the Axis for a better balance. Some players asked for more turns, so somebody needs them :D

I am finishing revamping the US Naval campaign, fixing stuff and adding functionality.
After that I need to bring the Forgotten Army campaign up to speed after Bru's excellent CSI sweep. That's going to take quite a while...
When the final (?) reports of US Corps 42-43 have arrived, I'll deal with those issues.
Then I'll probably continue with the US Corps 43-44 campaign, just started that one.
Beta-testing OOB stuff on the PC or on my brand new PlayStation 4 (!) may delay proceedings though :wink:
Yes, please dial this down. Generally I would love a fixed prestige reward for each mission (different for draw, minor and major) and less during the mission.

I loved the US 42-43 and cant wait for the next.

Just tried the first 1-2 missions of Forgotten Army and would love to play a British campaign, but are the maps maybe a bit too big like Desert War (at first, haven´t played that in a while)?
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

You really should wait with Forgotten Army until I have fixed the scenarios.
This campaign will not play well as is.
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

What I forgot to tell about US Corps: change the German unit skins to desert!
About the commanders again: I'm sure that the Allied DLC will introduce a couple of historical commanders that can replace the bunch of Pacific no-names later.
Erik2

Forgotten Army 1941-42 v0.99

Post by Erik2 »

Forgotten Army 1941-42 v0.99

Extensive rework based on Bru's just as extensive CSI sweep.
A big thank you to Bru. He put in a lot of work in this.
Apologies for serving him a half-baked campaign from my earliest days as a scenario designer...

I haven't actually had time to play through the campaign(s) yet, so this is still considered beta.
If anyone wants to test it, please leave any comments in this thread.

Link in first post.

Edit:
Cropped Gin Drinker map, removed 1 objective and redid AI scripts

Campaign:
Added Choose Path event and changed the opening branches:
1) Micro campaign: Gin Drinkers line -> Hong Kong -> Task Force Z -> End
2)Kota Bharu etc
Fixed Moulmein date and branching

Scenarios general:
Added default victory/defeat blurb
Set Japanese aggressions to 75
Fixed/changed/simplified AI scripts, many were broken by map crops
Added/changed/deleted/fixed pri and sec objs
Other changes (map, supply, obj map markers, location names, commanders, message graphics, dialogs, resources)
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Forgotten Army 1941-42 v0.99 :

At the beginning of the campaign :

Screenshot 1580.jpg
Screenshot 1580.jpg (330.93 KiB) Viewed 3563 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Wot....?

I moved the layout stuff for Kota Bharu a bit to the right because it was partially hidden by the Change Path message.
Never seen this pop-up before. Why would a player be asked to delete a campaign in this screen?

Help...... :(

Edit:
I think this is a bug of sorts.
When I click on the pop-up location it changes to the proper icons and you can launch the scenario:
kota.jpg
kota.jpg (120.71 KiB) Viewed 3552 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Erik2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am I think this is a bug of sorts.
This looks a lot like a bug but I don’t know enough about the campaign editor :?
Erik2 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 8:11 am When I click on the pop-up location it changes to the proper icons and you can launch the scenario:
I also noted it.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

See my comments in the beta thread.
- Bru
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Bru created a beta thread for Forgotten Army, please add any future comments there:
viewtopic.php?f=264&t=91606
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Forgotten Army 1941-42

Campaign:
Changed start branch again. The previous version created issues with command points in Kota Bharu.

Hong Kong:
Jap starts first
Increased Jap air and land unit exp
Replaced Jap supply ships with on-shore supply
Some random Jap deployment
Added sec objs

Update in first post.
JustJeff88
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by JustJeff88 »

I know that the German Grand Campaign was broken up into several smaller campaigns, but is the Sea Lion campaign still available Erik? I'm very fond of naval-focused missions.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Jeff

Sea Lion needs a thorough review, that's why I removed it.

If you want to check if the last version still works, here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j7wxoygwj9vp4 ... 1.zip?dl=0

Note that most of the 30 scenarios are land-based.
Erik2

Forgotten Army 1941-42

Post by Erik2 »

Forgotten Army 1941-42

Gin Drinkers Line:
Removed MG nests
Added Allied supply
Minor Jap supply changes

Force Z:
Changes to pri and sec objs
Jap sub exp = 10
Reduced no of Brit carrier air units
Reduced Brit air CPs
Consolidated Jap fighter and bomber AI teams

Link in first post
Bobster66
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Bobster66 »

In my ongoing quest to play through all of your campaigns, I have been working on Afriaka Korp the past couple of days. I encountered no problems until Dash to the Wire where the Primary Objective to destroy the Fuel Dumps never completed, even though the same Secondary Objective did. The result was a Draw even though I even destroyed all British Forces and captured Tobruk.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Bobster66 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm In my ongoing quest to play through all of your campaigns, I have been working on Afriaka Korp the past couple of days. I encountered no problems until Dash to the Wire where the Primary Objective to destroy the Fuel Dumps never completed, even though the same Secondary Objective did. The result was a Draw even though I even destroyed all British Forces and captured Tobruk.
Thanks for reporting.
Added to my Afrika list.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Erik2 wrote: Sun May 19, 2019 9:48 am
Bobster66 wrote: Sat May 18, 2019 8:35 pm In my ongoing quest to play through all of your campaigns, I have been working on Afriaka Korp the past couple of days. I encountered no problems until Dash to the Wire where the Primary Objective to destroy the Fuel Dumps never completed, even though the same Secondary Objective did. The result was a Draw even though I even destroyed all British Forces and captured Tobruk.
Thanks for reporting.
Added to my Afrika list.
Rather simple really. Did you change your mind at some point about this objective? (Else I can't see why you would have the same objective as both Primary and Secondary.) I'm guessing you moved it from Primary to Secondary since the Secondary Objective "Raid the 3 supply dumps" has the goodies:

Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (179.28 KiB) Viewed 3187 times

If I'm right, then the error was in leaving the Primary Objective in there, although it was deactivated, because this Effect enables it when the "Gather 4 units in the Assembly Area" objective is completed:

Screenshot 1.jpg
Screenshot 1.jpg (234.02 KiB) Viewed 3187 times

And, as the arrow indicates, there is no provision for dealing with the Primary Objective "Raid the 3 supply dumps." It stays enabled and unfulfilled at the end of the scenario, hence a Draw.
- Bru
bru888

Post by bru888 »

The CSI Sweep of the US Navy Campaign 1941-1946 is complete. Let me know if/when you want another sweep and which campaign that would be.
- Bru
JustJeff88

Post by JustJeff88 »

bru888 wrote: Tue May 21, 2019 2:25 am The CSI Sweep of the US Navy Campaign 1941-1946 is complete. Let me know if/when you want another sweep and which campaign that would be.
Hooray! This is very exciting - I hope that he posts the revised campaign soon.

As for another campaign, what about Sea Lion? I asked about it just a few days ago and Erik said that he removed it wanting a thorough review; this seems like the perfect time to give it a bit of polish. I would be happy to play through it, but I'm not skilled enough with the editor to make really insightful commentary.

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Scenario Design”