Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by kondi754 »

Much more 3d models are damaged
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Those models have not been changed in a long time - anyone tried updating gfx drivers?

Thing is, I don't seem to get this in dev 7.1.9., but maybe there's a prob in the public version. Unless the models got indeed affected in some way it seems to be an engine/rendering thing.

However, thx for the headsup.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

Seriously guys, what's up with that? The graphics always looked fantastic even in high resolutions, but in the current state, I can't even tell the units apart.

For Kondi it might have been the "unreliable" trait, but for me it's definitely this bug that will cause me to stop playing this game until it's fixed. :? :evil:
airbornemongo101
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Post by airbornemongo101 »

Wow, not only are my units "missing parts", but the units that aren't are all blurry

It looks like the PC graphics got "dumbed down" for the console, that might not be the case, but it sure looks like it

And yes my drivers are all current

It's a complete shame....this game had so much going for it

I'm of the like mind of Gabe, a patch should improve a game not dumb it down

I know that this is a small team , but really guys????

uninstalling now
....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain.......and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Always remember, Never Forget:

Box 8087

5 - 5 - 5 - 5
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

This could be the second time now that the "public version" got messed up. Another untested last second change? :twisted:

The ships and planes still look fine, don't they? Already don't know anymore what looks normal when I take a look at all these many units.
It seems more appearant with German vehicles that some parts aren't floating in the correct layer or something like. Especially the guns of tanks almost vanish into the chassis.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

The graphic issues reported are not affecting all of us.
Mine still looks great.
This screenshot was taken using zoom = 100
I'm using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB with latest driver.

Edit: or maybe it is a problem with the tank guns, hard to see... :roll:
ger.jpg
ger.jpg (746.54 KiB) Viewed 4223 times
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

Erik, it seems to me that these models simply look a bit better than others, but look at the Pz III turrets, they are deformed from the front.
StuG doesn't have a cannon and the reconnaissance car has no MG and turret is deformed, too.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Guys, if all else fails, try this (and remember that this is an unofficial recommendation, of course):

1) Patch up to 7.1.8.

2) Copy these folders someplace:
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Campaigns
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Data
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Graphics
C:\Program Files\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Language

3) Uninstall 7.1.8.

4) Reinstall 7.1.4 (the game remembered my DLC keys; hopefully it will do the same for you).

5) Copy those folders from the 7.1.8 installation over their 7.1.4 counterparts.

This will allow you to gain some improvements from the upgrade without actually installing it. If you look at the changelogs for 7.1.6 and 7.1.8, many of the changes have been to files within these folders which are customizable in the first place. Sure, some updated/fixed stuff will not be included but frankly, I cannot think of anything else that I have noticed or care about which 7.1.6 and 7.1.8 have addressed.

I went through this procedure for one major reason: For me (emphasis added, because I know it's not a common problem), 7.1.4 was the last version in which the editors performed with reliable stability. 7.1.6 introduced predictable instability and apparently that has continued in 7.1.8.

You know, just like the rest of the internet, computer games have a short life. Things change: hardware and software become obsolete; projects are abandoned for greener pastures; paradigms and priorities are altered to suit market conditions or even just personal tastes.

I'm not saying this is the case with OOB but I have learned to make sure that, if I like something digital, I preserve it as best as I can. My doom and gloom days here are over but I will say that I am quite content with my 7.1.4/7.1.8 hybrid game, that I have tons of enjoyable work to do with it, and that I will be keeping a watchful eye on OOB from a comfortable perspective.
- Bru
Horst

Post by Horst »

This graphic glitch is most visible on the SdKfz 7, like shown in Terminator's OP.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Horst wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 3:08 pm This graphic glitch is most visible on the SdKfz 7, like shown in Terminator's OP.
Yes, this is what some of the units in Erik's image look like in 7.1.4 (I tried to match them up, but there are so many German units! :) ):

Screenshot 2.jpg
Screenshot 2.jpg (451.02 KiB) Viewed 4197 times

The SdKfz 231 6Rad (on the right) is the most obvious difference, for sure, but if you look closely, you can see "tearing" in the hood of Erik's SdKfz 10/4 compared to mine (on the left). As for the StuG III's and the artillery, you be the judge. (Download both images so you can see them at 100%.)
- Bru
Horst

Post by Horst »

It also depends on the camera zoom height. The canvas and engine hood of trucks get a more shredded look the higher you zoom out. It's like the upper part of vehicles are somehow shifted behind the chassis.
7.1.8 Graphic Glitch.jpg
7.1.8 Graphic Glitch.jpg (410.04 KiB) Viewed 4191 times
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

I did update my steam version to this patch and get it too there. It's also becoming way more obvious once those vehicles turn to move into another direction. Updating gfx drivers didn't help.

I add it to the db tommorrow.
bru888

Post by bru888 »

Folks who are looking at these images need to realize that the forum squeezes them down from their original sizes. As I said above, download them to view them at 100%. For example, here are Horst's vehicles at 100%:

7.1.8 Graphic Glitch2.jpg
7.1.8 Graphic Glitch2.jpg (357.47 KiB) Viewed 4176 times

And here are their equivalents in 7.1.4:

Screenshot 3.jpg
Screenshot 3.jpg (369.71 KiB) Viewed 4176 times

A rather sorry state of affairs, indeed. I don't blame Gabe and airborne for their reactions, as it seems that each version upgrade, each patch, introduces regression errors that ought to have been caught by the developer.

But let's see; maybe there will be a quick 7.1.9. I seem to remember a time when OOB hot fixes were made available.
- Bru
Horst

Post by Horst »

Bru, sorry if lazy people like me often don't have the patience to manipulate screenshots like you usually do. Yours are always appreciated of course! :mrgreen:
At least I don't bother people by posting 4k screenshots but only good ol' HD.
Yeah, I usually maximize the browser to better check on screenshots or simply use the context menu to display the graphic alone in a new tab.

PS: a small hotfix soon is also highly appreciated!
bru888

Post by bru888 »

No worries. You and terminator and Erik and kondi did the heavy lifting here so that we could quickly get past the "updating gfx drivers" stage. Thanks, guys.
- Bru
Horst

Post by Horst »

According to my experience with games, the graphic driver is normally the last troublemaker.
I also had trouble with this game here more than half a year that the button positions were somehow messed up when switching from windowed to full-screen mode or vice versa. With 7.1.6, this issue mysteriously vanished without my doing updating my 1+ old driver.
I tell you, it's bad coding most of the time! :wink:
Igor1941
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by Igor1941 »

Not fixed ... Order of Battle: Endsieg. 2 map Kharkov

prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by prattaa »

For the graphics bug it appears that tracks and wheels on the opposite side of the vehicle that should not be visible are clipping through the object.
GabeKnight

Post by GabeKnight »

Looks like this for me:

Screenshot 1032.jpg
Screenshot 1032.jpg (286.56 KiB) Viewed 4114 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”