Bristoricon 2019

Moderators: terrys, hammy, Blathergut, Slitherine Core

b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Bristoricon 2019

Post by b20f08 »

Running small FoGN v2 event at this year's inaugural Bristoricon 2019. Usual tourney stipulation: 15mm. 800 points. 2 day event. 4 games. Capped at 10 at the moment. Hoping to give the local sleeping varied Nap scene another nudge with this event. $55 entry. Payment and registration through the Bristoricon organiser site. Once player pack published, payments will be processed so don't panic if you cannot register and pay when you click the link.

SIDE QUESTION: Keen to ask why I have to buy a copy from overseas? Not been around for the debate unfortunately so don't know the reasons why Osprey hasn't supported the upgrade and thus made it more affordable. Just spent 70AUD for a copy as I need it as TO. Why can't Osprey license local printing to make it more accessible and affordable.
BrettPT
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Re: Bristoricon 2019

Post by BrettPT »

It would indeed by nice if Osprey were interested in supporting FoGN. At the moment Amazon is the only distributor and so purchasers are reliant on their supply chain (and postal charges...).
BrettPT

Post by BrettPT »

Also, while I think of it, are you a member of the FoG Napoleonics Facebook group? There are downloads available there (QRS, tournaments points sheets, Army list builders) that are helpful in running a comp. - And good on you for doing so!
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Thank Brett. Want to personally thank both yourself and Richard for your efforts and persistence to get this upgrade. From myself and a few others who like and continue to play the system.

Will check out the facebook page. Always on the lookout to improve the tournament side of things.
b20f08
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by b20f08 »

Have you dispensed with the original classification for calculating the ACV? I noticed from the former drafts that it's now 2 points regardless of unit size whereas it used to be 2/3 for small/lge units respectively.

And is the artillery limit of two units applied to the division or corps/army list as a whole. If the latter, then it seems to contradict what the latest spreadsheet yields (using version 2 that was released during the drafting stage for version 2). I'm going with the former oroginal version as it makes more sense. But I am happy to go modern so need clarification; I'm not prepared to wait the 2 weeks for the delivery from Amazon to find out the answer.
madaxeman
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E

Post by madaxeman »

BrettPT wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 10:45 pm It would indeed by nice if Osprey were interested in supporting FoGN. At the moment Amazon is the only distributor and so purchasers are reliant on their supply chain (and postal charges...).
ON Amazon it says:
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (January 16, 2019)
That suggests that Osprey is not apparently the publisher, so distribution is not really Osprey's fault as its not actually their product ...
http://www.madaxeman.com
Holiday in Devon? Try https://www.thecaptainscottagebrixham.com
BrettPT

Post by BrettPT »

Firstly, thanks for the thanks. It's been a lot of work getting to v2, but many have chipped in and it's been a labour of love.

Yes. All units (large or small) are now worth 2MU.
As well as being a slight simplification, there was a perception by some that under v1, large infantry units were a better overall choice than small.
Making all units 2 ACV is a slight balancing mechanism to tip the large unit/small unit scale back into equilibrium.

And re.Osprey, yup. They are no longer involved so completely understandable they don't print the rules. As you may have noticed, Createspace = Kindle Publishing = Amazon.

Return to “Tournaments, Demos & Opponents”