First Single Player Playthrough ?

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

First Single Player Playthrough ?

Post by devoncop »

Ok guys.

11th July will finally see the game released.

So which nation will be your first playthrough ?

In our epic 13 player MP game planned for the 18th I am taking Ptolemaic Egypt so will certainly play a few turns as the Macedonian overlords of Egypt but my first proper playthrough will have to be as the Britons for patriotic reasons (even though in FoG2 I am clueless at using chariots !) and as a smaller nation it is easier to manage as a learning exercise.

Epirus is also appealing though :-)
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Re: First Single Player Playthrough ?

Post by Yaitz331 »

I'm a proud Israeli Jew, so take a wild guess. :P
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am I'm a proud Israeli Jew, so take a wild guess. :P

The Arverni it is then ? :mrgreen:
juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by juanval »

I'm a proud spanish from Valencia, close to Saguntum, so I'll start the first campaign with Bohemians jeje.

I see bohemians nation is surrounded by independent regions. it seems an easy campaign for beginners.
loki100
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by loki100 »

juanval wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:04 pm I'm a proud spanish from Valencia, close to Saguntum, so I'll start the first campaign with Bohemians jeje.

I see bohemians nation is surrounded by independent regions. it seems an easy campaign for beginners.
its not :)

those independent regions are full of bears, wolves and very hostile natives
jnpoint
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by jnpoint »

I'm a proud Dane and will probably lose like we always do, so I'll try Rome. Maybe I can break the spell and win that :)
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

jnpoint wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:26 pm I'm a proud Dane and will probably lose like we always do, so I'll try Rome. Maybe I can break the spell and win that :)
My wife is Danish from Jutland and points out the Danes had a pretty good record against the Britons and later the Swedes :wink:
Yaitz331

Post by Yaitz331 »

devoncop wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:26 am
Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:14 am I'm a proud Israeli Jew, so take a wild guess. :P
The Arverni it is then ? :mrgreen:
No, the Celtiberians. :P
GodOfNothing
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf
Private First Class - Wehrmacht Inf

Post by GodOfNothing »

Rome seems fitting to start. I doubt ill finish my first campaign but mostly to try to quickly figure out the basics and then restart with something like the Irish and see it to the end
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

GodOfNothing wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:03 pm Rome seems fitting to start. I doubt ill finish my first campaign but mostly to try to quickly figure out the basics and then restart with something like the Irish and see it to the end

There is an 8 or 9 turn walkthrough of the first few turns as Rome I believe as a tutorial so that is a good choice and a small nation like Hibernia is probably the best way to gradually learn as you go once you "fly solo!"
Pocus
Ageod
Ageod

Post by Pocus »

Hopefully I won't be a buzzkill and you all know about this restriction, but you do know that you can't play FOG2 battles in multiplayer? Just saying ...

That said, the Empires battle system has its own merits, I can assure you!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Kingdoms, Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Pocus wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:16 pm Hopefully I won't be a buzzkill and you all know about this restriction, but you do know that you can't play FOG2 battles in multiplayer? Just saying ...

That said, the Empires battle system has its own merits, I can assure you!

Not a buzzkill at all Pocus. I was talking about my first proper Single Player playthrough.

The more I have seen the Empires battle system since my original post then the more I like it to be honest and though others will differ I doubt I will be using FoG2 to play out many battles if any...
Beorn
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by Beorn »

devoncop wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 pm The more I have seen the Empires battle system since my original post then the more I like it to be honest and though others will differ I doubt I will be using FoG2 to play out many battles if any...
I agree completely. Watching streamers, I very much like the Empires battle system, and feel that the FOG2 battles break the flow of the game, draw attention away from the things that are at the heart of this game.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Beorn wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 2:07 pm
devoncop wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:08 pm The more I have seen the Empires battle system since my original post then the more I like it to be honest and though others will differ I doubt I will be using FoG2 to play out many battles if any...
I agree completely. Watching streamers, I very much like the Empires battle system, and feel that the FOG2 battles break the flow of the game, draw attention away from the things that are at the heart of this game.

Exactly...All too often the streams show ten minutes of the beginnings of a grand strategy being developed and then the next hour is a battle being played out in FoG2. ....when the game returns to the Empires map all to often the thread of thought as to overall province development and diplomatic manouvering seems to have been lost.

I love the FoG2 battle system and have over 1400 hours on the game but won't be using it much (if at all) in Empires which is partly why MP appeals so much as well as SP.
YohanTM2
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by YohanTM2 »

I expect I will not use the FOG2 battle system at all. AS for my starting country, Canada seems to be missing for some odd reason so I'll go back a few generations to the Irish
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

YohanTM2 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:55 pm I expect I will not use the FOG2 battle system at all. AS for my starting country, Canada seems to be missing for some odd reason so I'll go back a few generations to the Irish
It is a curious thing that the Canadian sack of Rome in 296BCE was glossed over...... :mrgreen:
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

devoncop wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:41 pm
It is a curious thing that the Canadian sack of Rome in 296BCE was glossed over...... :mrgreen:
The Moose Cavalry in particular was quite decisive.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
juanval

Post by juanval »

It would be nice to see a worldmap screenshot with the current provinces that are in the game.

For what I've learned from the manual, one of the first things is to conquer enough regions in order to create a province (controlling at least 50% of regions).

Can someone post a screenshot? :mrgreen:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

juanval wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:30 pm It would be nice to see a worldmap screenshot with the current provinces that are in the game.

For what I've learned from the manual, one of the first things is to conquer enough regions in order to create a province (controlling at least 50% of regions).

Can someone post a screenshot? :mrgreen:

If you pop onto you tube and check out the Field of Glory Empires video series from Das Tactic (playing the Arvarni) , or the one by Greyhunterlp playing Epirus or the one by by the Historical Gamer playing Ptolemaic Egypt all show the world map and playable factions in their first episode.😉
juanval

Post by juanval »

I've seen playable factions on the campaign map lots of times. I'd like to see the provinces.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”