Re: Current Bugs - Version 7.1.8

Post by Igor1941 »

Errors in the Russian version 7.1.8. not fixed since 7.1.6
JB72
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JB72 »

Same in the german version ! OoB isnt playable its a Building site not a finished game - I am waiting for Panzer Corps II yet.
Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by Erik2 »

Chill out.
The devs have stated that an update of the game engine Unity has caused some issues, mainly graphic ones.
I work in the editors and play multiplayer games every day without any problems.
Apart from the current issues, OOB is very solid.
robertahyuk
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by robertahyuk »

I have the same graphics card that Eric has and after reading this yesterday, I went and played OoB for a while and zoomed in and saw the same misconfigurations.
Kondi was right as some look OK but others just look like a tractor!
Don't know why this game keeps having issues when I've played a few of Erik's and Bru's scenarios and campaigns with not one issue.
May try one today to see about the graphics on those but I'm sure it's a problem there also.
Not worried, they'll fix it in time.........again
JB72
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by JB72 »

Yes - but for now we have to play 2 weeks with this destroyed version - and no fix - no informations - no reactions !
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

JB72 wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:12 pm Yes - but for now we have to play 2 weeks with this destroyed version - and no fix - no informations - no reactions !
Yes, just for now but they are aware of it and will fix it. They always do.
I don't think anyone is going to cry over this as they always fix things for this game and there have been many.
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

There was a reply on the forum from one of the devs about the Unity issue.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

robertahyuk wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 2:57 pm I don't think anyone is going to cry over this [...]
I do. I can't bring myself to play my beloved game in the current state, to be honest :cry:
Call me superficial, but I did not go through all the trouble with graphics and 3D-software for my mod making it look good...for this. :shock: :? :evil:

Luckily, there's a new DLC for BattleTech out and also the PC2 beta has finally started - hopefully with full 4K support... :mrgreen:
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

All Wrecks disappear when reloading a saved scenario :(

Ex "Approaching Stalingrad" (Panzerkrieg)

Before saving and loading :

Wreck(before).jpg
Wreck(before).jpg (512.59 KiB) Viewed 2903 times

After reloading :

Wreck(after).jpg
Wreck(after).jpg (454.69 KiB) Viewed 2903 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Is there any hope of seeing the Counters Mod finally fully functional in a future update ?

Screenshot 1625.jpg
Screenshot 1625.jpg (961.35 KiB) Viewed 2878 times
prattaa
Sergeant - Panzer IIC
Sergeant - Panzer IIC

Post by prattaa »

terminator wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm All Wrecks disappear when reloading a saved scenario :(
Been that way since forever.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

prattaa wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 10:48 am
terminator wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:38 pm All Wrecks disappear when reloading a saved scenario :(
Been that way since forever.
You are right. I hope that by resting the question things will eventually change. "Next turn" doesn’t make wrecks disappear, so why does "save and load" make wrecks disappear?
DeathMutant
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 232 8Rad

Post by DeathMutant »

Whoa! Invasion of the giants!
DeathMutant

Post by DeathMutant »

This has happened to me three times now after playing Endseig again: two units occupying the same hex. The first two instances were enemy parachutists landing in the same hex as existing unit. One time the original occupier of the hex was a friendly unit, another time it was an enemy unit. Reloading the game resulted in the conflict being resolved by removing the original occupier of the hex. The third time it happened when an enemy unit forced one of my SS units to retreat and the enemy followed-up but, instead of my unit retreating it remained in the same hex so two units occupied the same hex until I reloaded. When I reloaded, however, my SS unit was still on the battle -- but off the map(!) -- in the far southwest corner. I was able to move them back onto the map but, unfortunately, since they were out of supply they were could barely move (1 hex / turn) and, once discovered, where quickly defeated.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

DeathMutant wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:10 am This has happened to me three times now after playing Endseig again: two units occupying the same hex. The first two instances were enemy parachutists landing in the same hex as existing unit. One time the original occupier of the hex was a friendly unit, another time it was an enemy unit. Reloading the game resulted in the conflict being resolved by removing the original occupier of the hex. The third time it happened when an enemy unit forced one of my SS units to retreat and the enemy followed-up but, instead of my unit retreating it remained in the same hex so two units occupied the same hex until I reloaded. When I reloaded, however, my SS unit was still on the battle -- but off the map(!) -- in the far southwest corner. I was able to move them back onto the map but, unfortunately, since they were out of supply they were could barely move (1 hex / turn) and, once discovered, where quickly defeated.
Savegames ?
For the moment it hasn’t happened to me recently.
DeathMutant

Post by DeathMutant »

Three save games from the above incidents. Note that reloading the save game resolved the multiple unit per hex issue by removing a unit or moving it off the map!
Attachments
OOB_Endseig.zip
(117.42 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Erik2

Post by Erik2 »

Two units occupying the same hex may be a graphic glitch. We've seen this in the past.
With the game engine Unity being updated issues like this may have returned.
Horst
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41
Brigadier-General - 15 cm Nblwf 41

Post by Horst »

I had no retreat-issues during Sandstorm, but in the first Winter War mission the same mess happened to me too when one of my inf units tried to retreat. The unit could have retreated even along a road, but this retreat-mechanic is still somewhat directional from where the last attack came. Normally, it shouldn’t matter if a unit can’t retreat anymore and therefore sometimes is immediately destroyed instead.
On a reload of a last-turn auto-save, the AI played slightly differently and this bug didn't happen anymore.

Code: Select all

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
  at RetreatHex.FindInRange (.Unit unit, .Hex attackHex, Int32 range, System.Int32& efficiencyLoss, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at GroundAttack.Execute (.Unit attacker, .Hex fromHex, .Hex location, .Unit defender, Boolean ambush, Int32 specialAttack, Int32 blast, Boolean simulate, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Combat.CalculateDamage (.Unit attacker, .Unit defender, .Hex fromHex, .Hex location, Boolean ambush, Int32 specialAttack, Int32 blast, Boolean simulate, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Combat.ResolveSingleCombat (.Unit attacker, .Unit defender, .Hex fromHex, .Hex location, Boolean ambush, Int32 specialAttack, Int32 blast, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Combat.ResolveCombat (.Unit attacker, .Unit defender, .Hex fromHex, .Hex location, Boolean ambush, Int32 specialAttack, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Combat.ResolveCombat (.Unit attacker, .Unit defender, .Hex location, Boolean ambush, Int32 specialAttack, .GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionsNamespace.AttackUnitAction.Perform (.GameState gameState, Boolean checkVisibility, .Alliance visibilityAlliance) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ActionsNamespace.Action.Perform (.GameState gameState) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at StateTree.BuildStateTreeWorker () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
ErrorLogger:HandleThreadedException(Exception)
StateTree:BuildStateTreeWorker()
StateTree:Build()
StateTree:Build(Int32&)
AITask:EvaluateFinalStateValue(SimulatedGameState, GameState, Int32&, Double, Int32)
StateTree:BuildSubTreeWorker(Boolean)
StateTree:BuildSubTreeWorker()
DeathMutant

Post by DeathMutant »

Erik2 wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:24 am Two units occupying the same hex may be a graphic glitch. We've seen this in the past.
With the game engine Unity being updated issues like this may have returned.
Two incidents that I described (above) were related to parachutists jumping into an occupied hex -- which they should not be allowed to do anyway -- and the full or near-full strength unit originally occupying the hex was removed; it was not destroyed, surrender or forced to retreat. In the third incident, after a forced retreat my unit ended-up off the map -- teleported from the center to the other side of the battlefield -- so that could not have been just a graphics issue because the unit still existed and I was able to move it back onto the map.

I had just completed Sandstorm, prior to starting Endseig, and experienced none of these issues. I do not remember, however, where in the campaign I was when v7.1.8 was automatically updated via Steam.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Testing the 3 savegames, I have this message (?) :

Error.jpg
Error.jpg (106.77 KiB) Viewed 2772 times

The savegame :
ERROR (1527069868).zip
(48.55 KiB) Downloaded 63 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”