General hopping after melee combat

Field of Glory II is a turn-based tactical game set during the Rise of Rome from 280 BC to 25 BC.
Post Reply
Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am

General hopping after melee combat

Post by Blastom1016 » Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:55 pm

I just found, when an enemy engaged by multiple units (one with general in) and near to break.
If I resolve the melee with a unit (not the one with general) and break it, I can still transfer general to another unit.
Though this won't give the PoA bonus in 2 melee combats, it certainly can cover more ground with the cohesion test bonus.
:wink: I don't think this is intended.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22056
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by rbodleyscott » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm

Not really intended, but probably not worth the trouble of "fixing".
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by Blastom1016 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:28 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Not really intended, but probably not worth the trouble of "fixing".
I saw the general can be transferred even his unit routed the enemy by resolving the melee, which can exploited as +50 PoA twice.
I cannot remember clearly, seems if his unit resolve the melee and doesn't route the enemy, he won't be transferred; other than that, he can.

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2
Posts: 22056
Joined: Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:25 pm

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by rbodleyscott » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 am

Blastom1016 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:28 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Not really intended, but probably not worth the trouble of "fixing".
I saw the general can be transferred even his unit routed the enemy by resolving the melee, which can exploited as +50 PoA twice.
I cannot remember clearly, seems if his unit resolve the melee and doesn't route the enemy, he won't be transferred; other than that, he can.
If his unit fights (actually resolves a melee) he should not be able to move afterwards. In your example, he did not resolve his unit's melee before moving.
Richard Bodley Scott

Image

Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by Blastom1016 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:38 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 am
Blastom1016 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:28 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Not really intended, but probably not worth the trouble of "fixing".
I saw the general can be transferred even his unit routed the enemy by resolving the melee, which can exploited as +50 PoA twice.
I cannot remember clearly, seems if his unit resolve the melee and doesn't route the enemy, he won't be transferred; other than that, he can.
If his unit fights (actually resolves a melee) he should not be able to move afterwards. In your example, he did not resolve his unit's melee before moving.
I see, he probably fought in the enemy turn.

Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by Blastom1016 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 4:22 pm

I've confirmed this. Could it be possible caused by rise of Ai mod?

As long as the general's melee attack causes the target to retreat or route, he can be transferred to another unit.
Screen_00000006.jpg
Screen_00000006.jpg (917.78 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Screen_00000007.jpg
Screen_00000007.jpg (919.86 KiB) Viewed 452 times
Screen_00000008.jpg
Screen_00000008.jpg (926.15 KiB) Viewed 452 times

Blastom1016
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint
Posts: 72
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:34 am

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by Blastom1016 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:41 am

rbodleyscott wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:32 am
Blastom1016 wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 3:28 am
rbodleyscott wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:17 pm
Not really intended, but probably not worth the trouble of "fixing".
I saw the general can be transferred even his unit routed the enemy by resolving the melee, which can exploited as +50 PoA twice.
I cannot remember clearly, seems if his unit resolve the melee and doesn't route the enemy, he won't be transferred; other than that, he can.
If his unit fights (actually resolves a melee) he should not be able to move afterwards. In your example, he did not resolve his unit's melee before moving.
I'm confirmed it's not caused by the ai mod. I've just done it in a multiplayer game on a device with no mod installed.
On some edge situations, it can be used to duplicate melee PoA bonus.

melm
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Posts: 402
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2012 9:07 pm

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by melm » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 am

I don't see why we can't transfer general in your case. The unit routs the enemy so not engaged. The unit is not in pursue.

Paul59
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Posts: 1779
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 11:26 pm

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by Paul59 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 7:02 am

melm wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:35 am
I don't see why we can't transfer general in your case. The unit routs the enemy so not engaged. The unit is not in pursue.
Yes, I have often taken advantage of this "feature". I've never considered it to be a problem.
Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, and Wolves at the Gate.

TT Mod Creator

fiasikolavo
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:35 pm

Re: General hopping after melee combat

Post by fiasikolavo » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:37 pm

Blastom1016 wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:55 pm
I just found, when an enemy engaged by multiple units (one with general in) and near to break.
If I resolve the melee with a unit (not the one with general) and break it, I can still transfer general to another unit.
Though this won't give the PoA bonus in 2 melee combats, it certainly can cover more ground with the cohesion test bonus.
:wink: I don't think this is intended audacity find my iphone origin.
probably not worth the trouble of ixing.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory II”