Rearguard scenarios

For your feedback on the public beta

Moderator: Tamas

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Rearguard scenarios

Post by Paul59 »

It has just occurred to me that I have never seen the AI use group movement in rearguard scenarios. Is there something wrong here?

Apart from that, nothing to report with the public beta, everything seems to be working okay.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

Field of Glory II Medieval Scenario Designer.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Warhammer 40,000: Sanctus Reach Tournament Scenario Designer.
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Rearguard scenarios

Post by rbodleyscott »

Paul59 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 10:37 am It has just occurred to me that I have never seen the AI use group movement in rearguard scenarios. Is there something wrong here?
I will check
Richard Bodley Scott

rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Post by rbodleyscott »

Not sure what you have done to make this occur, because I just tried a rearguard scenario and the AI did group move. (Even when I deployed my whole rearguard in a corner of the deployment area).
Richard Bodley Scott

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:21 am Not sure what you have done to make this occur, because I just tried a rearguard scenario and the AI did group move. (Even when I deployed my whole rearguard in a corner of the deployment area).
I've done nothing.

I should mention that I have only ever fought rearguard actions in vanilla Historical campaigns, specifically Arab Conquest and Wolves at the Gate 2 (and possibly another), never in Custom campaigns.

I will try them again, and see what happens.
Field of Glory II Scenario Designer - Age of Belisarius, Rise of Persia, Wolves at the Gate and Swifter than Eagles.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Paul59
General - King Tiger
General - King Tiger

Post by Paul59 »

I think it's just me!

I always get my units into a far corner, normally protected by forests on my flanks, which inevitably cuts down my LOS. I therefore rarely see more than one enemy unit in a group at a time in the early part of the battle. Plus the initial enemy forces are quite small, and the reinforcements probably do not use group moves. So I am probably fooling myself into thinking they do not do group moves. I have just tested a rearguard battle and left my units in the middle of the map, and the AI did use group moves.

FOGII TT Mod Creator

Return to “Field of Glory II 1.5.15 Public Beta”