The Dustbin

Moderator: Field of Glory 2 Tournaments Managers

SnuggleBunnies
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here

Post by SnuggleBunnies »

Div A

SnuggleBunnies (Abbasid) draws with NikiforosFokas (Arab Conquest) 0-0. I refused to face his Superior Offensive Spears in open terrain, and he refused to attack my enclosures, so a draw it is.

(0-0)
SnuggleBunny's Field of Glory II / Medieval / Pike and Shot / Sengoku Jidai MP Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjUQy6dEqR53NwoGgjxixLg
rexhurley
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A
Lieutenant Colonel - Fw 190A

Re: Late Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by rexhurley »

Division B

rexhurley (Numidians) defeats Cunningcairn (Indians) 67/37 in another carnage feast. I don't think any unit on either side ended up without having pointy shaft things sticking out of them.
paulmcneil
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier
1st Lieutenant - Grenadier

Re: The Rally Point (discussion and questions)

Post by paulmcneil »

rbodleyscott wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:25 am
paulmcneil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:22 am I may be being stupid here, but is there a "screenshot" button in the game? I've been taking them with the usual fn print screen keys, is there a way within the game to do this?
F2

They get saved in

/Documents/My Games/FieldOfGlory2/SCREENS
Thank you
Paul McNeil
Breogan
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Re: Classical Antiquity: winners post your results here . . .

Post by Breogan »

Division C

Breogan (Greeks) defeated Dzon Vejn (Indians) 52-23.

Elephants are tough, but hoplites beat bowmen when they contact them. Anyway, an exciting game!
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Re: Early Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by Cunningcairn »

Div A

Challenges posted for

Triarii - Dailami 928-1055 AD (Arab (Syria/Iraq) 1009-1150 AD allies)
CheAhn - Byzantine 988-1041 AD (no allies)
pantherboy - Indian (Hindu North) 600-1049 AD (Indian (Rajput) 650-1049 AD allies)
Nosy_Rat - Khorasanian 821-1003 AD (Abbasid 815-835 AD allies)
NikiforosFokas - Arab Conquest 638-684 AD (no allies)
GDod - Ghaznavid 962-1187 AD (Turkish 600 -1036 allies)

PW is your username in lower case.

PM sent
lydianed
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Re: Late Antiquity: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by lydianed »

Division D

lydianed (Gepid) challenges SawyerK (Ptolemaic) pw: SawyerK

PM sent,
CheAhn
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Post by CheAhn »

Div A

CheAhn (Romans) defeats harveylh (Arab City), 63 - 52

(3-1)
klayeckles
2nd Lieutenant - Elite Panzer IVF/2

Re: Poll on army selection rules

Post by klayeckles »

I think this is on the right track, but is still confusing...we don't want 9 of the same nation necessarily...but i don't know this rule as presented (where it is based on the number or armies in of a nation), really gets at the issue of providing option while limiting the number of "same" armies....there really aren't that many armies to deal with...and the "Nationality" designation is kind of a arbitrary...ie there is the Lysimachid, the Macedonian, and seleucid that are all more similar than some of the other nation lists. So why not just look over the lists and pick some variants without including all. so there are already several Mac-centric nations so we wouldn't need other additional Mac armies; but maybe there are a couple of romans, as they vary significantly from early to late, and an early and a late carthage. and so on.

so rather than saying..."you can pick any roman, but only two will be allowed"... maybe we list two and only two roman armies to be chosen (i bet pete has a very good idea of what is popular, and which are a bit different). This way it is more clear what choices might be available when you choose your army, and there will be automatic variation in the same nation options

so for instance in the classical division

rome 280 AND rome 210 (same nation Very different)
carthage 350 and carthage 218 (heavy chariots vs. hannibal in rome)
Greek 460 and greek 280 (citizen hoplites vs thoraktai)
gaulic 390 and gaulic 100 (chariot based vs cav based)....note this wouldn't be allowed under the strict rules as defined as there are only 3 gaulic armies,
thracian 329 and 279 (hellenistic vs getae based)

something for another day...but if folks are tired of facing the same 5 armies every time, we might consider a themed event titled..."battle of the misfit armies". there are some very interesting armies out there that never get picked (like my hepthalite army i'm using now--and successfully proving horses don't mix with pikes), because they don't do well against the predominant army selections. but imagine battles of pergamene vs. Bithynian Kushan Vs Samite etc...
XLegione
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by XLegione »

Division B

XLegione - Hunnic Sabir 463-558 AD defeated IMC - Roman 105-25 BC 40% - 3%

It was good battlefield for the huns and the romans accepted to fight.
deve
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by deve »

Division B

deve (Samnite) defeated herm (Ptolemaic) 43-3
stockwellpete
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by stockwellpete »

klayeckles wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:12 pm I think this is on the right track, but is still confusing...we don't want 9 of the same nation necessarily...but i don't know this rule as presented (where it is based on the number or armies in of a nation), really gets at the issue of providing option while limiting the number of "same" armies....there really aren't that many armies to deal with...and the "Nationality" designation is kind of a arbitrary...ie there is the Lysimachid, the Macedonian, and seleucid that are all more similar than some of the other nation lists. So why not just look over the lists and pick some variants without including all. so there are already several Mac-centric nations so we wouldn't need other additional Mac armies; but maybe there are a couple of romans, as they vary significantly from early to late, and an early and a late carthage. and so on.

so rather than saying..."you can pick any roman, but only two will be allowed"... maybe we list two and only two roman armies to be chosen (i bet pete has a very good idea of what is popular, and which are a bit different). This way it is more clear what choices might be available when you choose your army, and there will be automatic variation in the same nation options

so for instance in the classical division

rome 280 AND rome 210 (same nation Very different)
carthage 350 and carthage 218 (heavy chariots vs. hannibal in rome)
Greek 460 and greek 280 (citizen hoplites vs thoraktai)
gaulic 390 and gaulic 100 (chariot based vs cav based)....note this wouldn't be allowed under the strict rules as defined as there are only 3 gaulic armies,
thracian 329 and 279 (hellenistic vs getae based)
I take your point, Klay, and along with batesmotel's earlier suggestion I think it could offer some interesting alternatives. I have to say though that I am at about my limit in terms of what I can contribute myself to the FOG2DL. I have no objection if you or Chris want to establish small working groups to flesh out your ideas and then you can present them to me and I will poll them to see if people like the ideas. We could start off with a trial in one section for one season and see how it goes and if there is enough support roll it out further in subsequent seasons. I do feel that the league needs to keep evolving to maintain player interest and recruit new players.
something for another day...but if folks are tired of facing the same 5 armies every time, we might consider a themed event titled..."battle of the misfit armies". there are some very interesting armies out there that never get picked (like my hepthalite army i'm using now--and successfully proving horses don't mix with pikes), because they don't do well against the predominant army selections. but imagine battles of pergamene vs. Bithynian Kushan Vs Samite etc...
Well, this is what the sections in earlier seasons like "From Maurya to Alaric" and "From Zhou to Chen" were about. A lot of those match-ups were quite obscure. I could put something together along these lines again for the Themed Event in a future season soon.
deve
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Re: Early Middle Ages: winners post your results here

Post by deve »

Div C
deve (Dailami) beat Rob123 (Indian) 44-17
klayeckles

Post by klayeckles »

Div A
THANK YOU SIR MAY I HAVE ANOTHER! the hepthalites are looking for more pain and suffering...final matches below:

Nikiforosfakas (jewish) PW revolt
Nosy rat (west. hunnic) Pw horsey
Nyczar (scots-irish) pw spankme
SpeedyCM

Post by SpeedyCM »

Div B

SpeedyCM (Sassanid 350-476 AD) defeated Cunningcairn (Indian 320-545 AD) 60-37.
Karvon
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by Karvon »

Div C

Karvon - Achaemenid Persian 419-329 BC drew vs. cromlechi - Carthaginian, Hannibal in Africa 202 BC 34-0 for a score of 2-0.

The short version: Carth divided his force onto two steep hills initially which my horse couldn't reach. He did advance his elephants and some Spanish off which I managed to mostly dispatch with a mix of skirmishers and horse. We chased and fenced in several other sectors but ran out of time before I could regroup enough to try to finish him off.

(2-0)
batesmotel
Field of Glory Moderator
Field of Glory Moderator

Post by batesmotel »

I suspect if you get people who know some of the armies well, it shouldn't be hard to split them up into buckets or at least into groups like Klay has done. And no reason Pete has to do it. (I probably spent 15 minutes or less on the examples I did in my prior response and I suspect Klay didn't spend hours either. Some, like the Achaemenids are almost no brainers.

Chris
....where life is beautiful all the time
rbodleyscott
Field of Glory 2
Field of Glory 2

Re: Early Middle Ages: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by rbodleyscott »

Division B

Frankish 771-887 with Viking 790-899 allies

Challenges posted for:
Nijis - Arab (Abbasid) 836-873
SpeedyCM - Rus 960-1053 with Polish 966-1057 allies
sunnyboy Byzantine 740-903

PW: Doom666

PM sent
Richard Bodley Scott

harveylh
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Re: Biblical: arrange your matches here . . .

Post by harveylh »

Division A

harveylh -Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC challenges pantherboy - Kyrenean Greek 630-461 BC, password “bible”, PM sent.

harveylh -Achaemenid Persian 545-481 BC challenges XLegione - Carthaginian 550-411 BC, password “bible”, PM sent.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
Cunningcairn
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind
Sr. Colonel - Wirbelwind

Post by Cunningcairn »

I really like Klay's and Chris' ideas of buckets.
Barrold713
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E
Master Sergeant - Bf 109E

Post by Barrold713 »

Division C
Barrold713 - Numidian/Moorish 55 BC-6 AD challenges Bluefin - Frank 496-599 AD

PW: Minnesota

Cheers
BDH

Return to “Field of Glory II Digital League”