Future scenarios

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Leod
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Future scenarios

Post by Leod »

Before I say anything can I just say to Ageod and Byzantine games this is one of the best games I've played in many years. It is everything I've been looking forward to and more. So thank you for making the 'potentially perfect' game, it really is fantastic.
Can I ask if there are planned to be any future scenarios released that are more contained to a particular war. I'm thinking of AGEODs Alia Jacta Est series. It would be great to have these kind of focused wars available to play. With historically specific events and leaders
rs2excelsior
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF

Re: Future scenarios

Post by rs2excelsior »

I for one would love to see scenarios for the 1st and 2nd Punic Wars.

Even if new official scenarios aren’t in the works, isn’t there support for player-made scenarios?
Kaede11
Senior Corporal - Destroyer

Post by Kaede11 »

Given the FOG2 timeframe at this point (early antiquity to early medieval), I would love to see FOG:E timeline going forward and backwards with different scenarios like the punic wars, Roman civil wars, Alexander the great conquests, the barbarian invasions and there would also be room for the greek city states era.

And a full grand campaign covering everything of course! :lol:
Alan Sharif
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by Alan Sharif »

I am so pleased with this game you could simply print 'Field Of Glory Empires' on a toilet seat and I'd buy it, so yes, more please.
lecrop
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by lecrop »

I would love a Bronze Age scenario...
juanval
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1

Post by juanval »

I'm happy to see that the game is being well received by the comunity.

FoG:E, with a little improvements and new settings, can be an interesting saga of games.

Settings I'd like to play: After the fall of western roman empire and early XVI century
gregb41352
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222
Lance Corporal - SdKfz 222

Post by gregb41352 »

+1 on the Bronze Age
JWW

Post by JWW »

Alexander's conquests. After all, the main scenario start is just a few years after his death, and the map goes all the way to India.
Yaitz331
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA
Sergeant - 7.5 cm FK 16 nA

Post by Yaitz331 »

Three Kingdoms period scenario.

It would require a new map and exporting to FOG2 wouldn't work, but I'd still love to play a FoG:E Three Kingdoms.
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

Yaitz331 wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:58 am Three Kingdoms period scenario.

It would require a new map and exporting to FOG2 wouldn't work, but I'd still love to play a FoG:E Three Kingdoms.
Remember that FoG2 is from the same stable as Pike & Shot and Sengoku Jidai, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility that a Three Kingdoms-compatible version could appear.

I see this marriage of FoGE and FoG2 as a step change in Grand Strategy gaming; the engine combo has the potential to cover many different eras.

So +1 for Three Kingdoms, Bronze Age, and I'll add the Age of Discovery too.
Lysimachos
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Lysimachos »

gregb41352 wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:24 pm +1 on the Bronze Age
+1 on the Bronze Age scenario
"Audentis fortuna iuvat"
- Virgilius

(Good luck favours the brave)
Leod

Post by Leod »

My original post wasn't about having a grand campaign in a different historical period or part of the world, though of course I would welcome that. I meant that I would like to see more focused scenarios within the games time frame and map, like the pyrus scenario that comes with the game. There could be a 2nd punic war scenario, a Sulla v Marius scenario, a Caesar v Pompey scenario in the same way AGEOD made the Alia Jacta Est games. These scenarios would focus on a smaller part of the map and have more historically focused events

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”