but they don't exist

Moderator: Pocus

Post Reply
jnpoint
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 am

but they don't exist

Post by jnpoint » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm

Well I should abandon the game as it crashes all the time, but it is a good game and I love the concept, so I hope the devs are working to find a solution.
Here I found a bug I think: Etrusci nation is no more, but there are still units and I still have an alliance with them? See the picture:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!As57x8tl_9T4xg2fZV6bMWx5zNWS

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: but they don't exist

Post by devoncop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 pm

jnpoint wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Well I should abandon the game as it crashes all the time, but it is a good game and I love the concept, so I hope the devs are working to find a solution.
Here I found a bug I think: Etrusci nation is no more, but there are still units and I still have an alliance with them? See the picture:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!As57x8tl_9T4xg2fZV6bMWx5zNWS
If you are in Alliance with them then their units will retreat into your territory and draw supply from it.

In what way is that not working as designed ?

On your connected point it is interesting a few folks have had crashes. I am at turn 100 as the Dacians in SP and have yet to experience a single crash. It has been about the most stable day 1 purchase of a game I have had in a long time.

jnpoint
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 am

Re: but they don't exist

Post by jnpoint » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:57 pm

devoncop wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 pm
jnpoint wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Well I should abandon the game as it crashes all the time, but it is a good game and I love the concept, so I hope the devs are working to find a solution.
Here I found a bug I think: Etrusci nation is no more, but there are still units and I still have an alliance with them? See the picture:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!As57x8tl_9T4xg2fZV6bMWx5zNWS
If you are in Alliance with them then their units will retreat into your territory and draw supply from it.

In what way is that not working as designed ?

On your connected point it is interesting a few folks have had crashes. I am at turn 100 as the Dacians in SP and have yet to experience a single crash. It has been about the most stable day 1 purchase of a game I have had in a long time.
For me it hasn't been stable, and still isn't - every 20-25 turns it just crashes. And the support blame my rig, but I have many games and most of them never crashes, so I just don't know. But back to this bug or not bug: I wonder why the units exist when the nation Etrusci is conquered by another nation and do not exist anymore. And so the alliance is also strange as there is no Etrusci any more.

devoncop
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Posts: 1270
Joined: Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 am

Re: but they don't exist

Post by devoncop » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:49 pm

jnpoint wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:57 pm
devoncop wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:24 pm
jnpoint wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:05 pm
Well I should abandon the game as it crashes all the time, but it is a good game and I love the concept, so I hope the devs are working to find a solution.
Here I found a bug I think: Etrusci nation is no more, but there are still units and I still have an alliance with them? See the picture:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!As57x8tl_9T4xg2fZV6bMWx5zNWS
If you are in Alliance with them then their units will retreat into your territory and draw supply from it.

In what way is that not working as designed ?

On your connected point it is interesting a few folks have had crashes. I am at turn 100 as the Dacians in SP and have yet to experience a single crash. It has been about the most stable day 1 purchase of a game I have had in a long time.
For me it hasn't been stable, and still isn't - every 20-25 turns it just crashes. And the support blame my rig, but I have many games and most of them never crashes, so I just don't know. But back to this bug or not bug: I wonder why the units exist when the nation Etrusci is conquered by another nation and do not exist anymore. And so the alliance is also strange as there is no Etrusci any more.
Think the Poles in WW2..

They were Allied to the UK. Their country got occupied but some troops escaped to an Allied country (in this case the UK). Thei Alliance continued nonetheless and Polish Units persisted. The Free French were another example.

The Etruscan soldiers are just waiting to be able to liberate their homeland.

jnpoint
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 am

Re: but they don't exist

Post by jnpoint » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:13 am

[/quote]

Think the Poles in WW2..

They were Allied to the UK. Their country got occupied but some troops escaped to an Allied country (in this case the UK). Thei Alliance continued nonetheless and Polish Units persisted. The Free French were another example.

The Etruscan soldiers are just waiting to be able to liberate their homeland.
[/quote]

Yes, good point there :)

zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017
Posts: 15418
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:44 pm

Re: but they don't exist

Post by zakblood » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:34 am

the Etruscan nation will come back again later in the game if the correct circumstances arises, same with any nation which falls early on, they can rise again, but don't always, but mostly some do

Pocus
Ageod
Ageod
Posts: 1616
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:05 pm

Re: but they don't exist

Post by Pocus » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:38 am

Many nations are capable of triggering invasions or uprising. So these warriors will linger some, but if not mistaken after some significant delay, they will be gone if they don't get hold of a territory.

What is the nature of the crashes you get? Do you have at least a screenshot of the message? Can you reproduce the crash with the previous turn? If you can, we can fix it!
AGEOD Team - Makers of Empires, ACW2, WON, EAW, PON, AJE, RUS, ROP, WIA.

jnpoint
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz 251/1
Administrative Corporal - SdKfz  251/1
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:04 am

Re: but they don't exist

Post by jnpoint » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:55 am

Pocus wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:38 am
Many nations are capable of triggering invasions or uprising. So these warriors will linger some, but if not mistaken after some significant delay, they will be gone if they don't get hold of a territory.

What is the nature of the crashes you get? Do you have at least a screenshot of the message? Can you reproduce the crash with the previous turn? If you can, we can fix it!
No, I can't reproduce the crashes, and there are no messages, because the screen freezes and although the game keeps running in the bagground, I can do nothing as the screen has frozen. The only thing I can do is to reboot the pc. Therefore there are no messages. I can't reproduce the crash in that sense that when I play from that last saved turn then the game continues to work, but 10-15 turns later it freezes again. Sometimes there are more than 20 or 30 turns before a new crash. It's really random, so I don't know what to say or do. It just doesn't work that well for me. I just got a new update to my win 10 maybe that can change something, I hope.

Post Reply

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”