melm
1st Lieutenant - 15 cm sFH 18

Empire can't be properly opened after closing FOGII

Post by melm »

The steam gives error message as this
TIM截图20190724230522.jpg
TIM截图20190724230522.jpg (10.46 KiB) Viewed 1422 times
I think it is because Empire is not properly closed when FOGII starts as I can see Empire still showing as running in Steam although in task manager there's no Empire process running at all.
Meditans ex luce mundi
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Re: Empire can't be properly opened after closing FOGII

Post by guanotwozero »

I suspect it's connected with leaving open the Launcher screen - I now always close it and the problem has not recurred.
melm

Post by melm »

guanotwozero wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 10:13 pm I suspect it's connected with leaving open the Launcher screen - I now always close it and the problem has not recurred.
Perhaps. How do you prevent the launcher screen from launch then?
Meditans ex luce mundi
zakblood
Most Active User 2017
Most Active User 2017

Post by zakblood »

steam doesn't like to apps running at the same time, so it seems you may have already have one open then tried to open the same one again, or another one
guanotwozero
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by guanotwozero »

melm wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:07 am Perhaps. How do you prevent the launcher screen from launch then?
1) When FoGE shuts down, it leaves open the launcher. Close it before FoG2 runs.
2) When the battle is over and FoG2 shuts down, close its launcher before returning to FoGE.

If this prevents autolaunch of either game, just launch it from the Steam list.

As Zakblood says, Steam doesn't cope well with more than one app open.
melm

Post by melm »

However, my FOGII is not steam version but shop version, only my FOGE is steam version. Plus, I didn't see the FOGE startup menu when closing FOGE, and also, I don't have FOGII startup menu when launching FOGII.
Meditans ex luce mundi
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

Empires shouldn't be running if neither the window for the game launcher nor the game itself are visible. However, if it is for some reason, or Steam believes that it is, does the problem return after a reboot?
melm

Post by melm »

AndrewGardner wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:46 pm Empires shouldn't be running if neither the window for the game launcher nor the game itself are visible. However, if it is for some reason, or Steam believes that it is, does the problem return after a reboot?
The problem persists even after reboot. Steam just believes that Empires is still running after it is closed and FOGII launched.
Meditans ex luce mundi
AndrewGardner
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by AndrewGardner »

melm wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 pm The problem persists even after reboot. Steam just believes that Empires is still running after it is closed and FOGII launched.
We will investigate. In the meantime, are you able work around the problem by declining when offered to automatically launch the other game, then exiting manually and starting the other game yourself? The import process will work the same once the game starts.
melm

Post by melm »

AndrewGardner wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:32 pm
melm wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:55 pm The problem persists even after reboot. Steam just believes that Empires is still running after it is closed and FOGII launched.
We will investigate. In the meantime, are you able work around the problem by declining when offered to automatically launch the other game, then exiting manually and starting the other game yourself? The import process will work the same once the game starts.
Glad to hear that. Yes, I can manually launch Empires after the failed automatic launch. The gameplay is not much affected by this error but I wish the whole process could be more seamless.
Meditans ex luce mundi

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires - Tech Support”