SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

PC : Turn based WW2 goodness in the mold of Panzer General. This promises to be a true classic!

Moderators: Slitherine Core, Panzer Corps Moderators, Panzer Corps Design

goose_2
Tournament Organizer of the Year 2017

Weekend Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

Got started with some Ultimate Playthrough and Afrika Korps, but not much else as I was up north for a weekend with the inlaws.

Unfortunately Storm Eagle had to back out of liveplay because we could not hook up at the same time. :(

Next week it will be Norway and Spoils of War, hopefully.

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

Started Winning Path this morning before I jetted out to work. So glad I did, because I spent a lot of time thinking and preparing and it paid off big time. I don't want to spoil it, but I cannot help it, I am so super proud of what I was able to do. I force surrendered and destroyed all of the starting units around Alexandria after just 2 turns. 2, I cannot wait for you all to see how I did it with no save scumming. ;)

Grand Campaign Ultimate Difficulty:

Narvik is up and super pleased with how I ended 39, now I have just started to post 1940 Eben Emael.

This required maximum concentration for that very first day, and needed to reload a few times to lay it out just right, but once I got it right, it went beautifully. (I should really take notes on exactly how to execute that layout.)

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein:

Breslau is in the bag and is now waiting to start Budapest 45 in probably a couple of weeks.

Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45:

I will need to start Bastogne soon, but will probably be after I get further in Suez Canal.

Hoping to get time this week to knock out some broadcasts, but unsure of exactly how much time.
goose_2
Lutheran Multiplayer Tournament Organizer. :-)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRHQShaOv5PWoer6cP1syLQ
goose_2

LIVEPLAY COMING VERY SOON Goose vs Sturmadler

Post by goose_2 »

I found out how to schedule the liveplay, and I will make sure to wake up on time.

So excited that this dual play is going on and I have a cat graphic to try and prevent it from being put on Restricted status, but I will not keep it that way:

Hope you can register and watch, either live or later, unable to link to Storm Eagle, but you can find his channel online.
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Re: SUPER GREAT NEWS I AM ON YOUTUBE

Post by PeteMitchell »

Such a nice cat graphic... kind of reminds me of Tigers and Panthers... :)
Comprehensive Battlefield Europe AAR:
http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=86481
goose_2

Re: LIVEPLAY COMING VERY SOON Goose vs Sturmadler

Post by goose_2 »

goose_2 wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm I found out how to schedule the liveplay, and I will make sure to wake up on time.

So excited that this dual play is going on and I have a cat graphic to try and prevent it from being put on Restricted status, but I will not keep it that way:

Hope you can register and watch, either live or later, unable to link to Storm Eagle, but you can find his channel online.
Not sure why it works now, but it does...here is Sturmadler's channel: (Storm Eagle is English translation of Sturmadler

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPUPhb ... ubqXtR7XdA

So excited about this
goose_2

goose_2

WEEKEND CHANNEL UPDATE

Post by goose_2 »

Hey Hey My Peeps...super busy weekend and able to get through a lot of gaming. ;)

My favorite of course was the mp campaign with Sturmadler otherwise known as Storm Eagle 1:

(The Cat Image worked for this broadcast) ;)

can also link to Storm Eagle's but cannot watch because we did not finish:

Single Player Action:

Afrika Korps:
Finished Suez Canal, and have only the last part of the scenario to post. I am gearing up to playthrough Palestine and have been pondering what would be my best buys for the start of this battle.

In my assessment the best plan I see is to buy the Italian AT M41M as there is a lot of Tanks on this map that I want to smash. I also want to upgrade my Spitfire to an FW-190A as I remember hurly's advice at this point in the game on my blindthrough that was very correct. Upgrade the Spitfire to a Fockerwolfe and don't look back. (Thanks Buddy)

I am still debating the purchase of 1 more Italian 88. I think it is time, but unsure. Thoughts?

I am almost done posting Albert Canal, but the more difficult battle is ...

I played through The Hague this weekend. It was painful, extremely painful. I just do not think the makers of the game realized just how difficult they made that battle. I remember how difficult I thought it was on Manstein, and was super impressed with Braccada's handling of this map when he did the Decisive Victory on Manstein. (I am looking forward to his replay of Calais) Well I first tried a repeat layout and mimic playthrough of his on my first attempt, but after 5 days of that mess I reconsidered. So I tried again and still got hurt bad, but stuck with it. Then I tried pressing through another 2 broadcasts, but that final round was brutal....brutal, so I tried the last 4 days again...do not take this battle lightly.

I am curious do other people have near as much trouble with this map as I do, or is it something I am just not approaching correctly? Just not sure...

Either way it will take me a while to post all the mess of The Hague, so no need to worry about Sedan, yet, but I do have ideas and am researching what exactly I will do to get that needed MV.

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein: (No change from last week)

Finished Bastogne, but I played like such a newb as I had too many units severally damaged so frustrating to play stupidly, but shows I still have mush to learn.

Sorry that I am spoiling the end, but I do not understand something. I was required to bring like 5 units into Bastogne, and survive with at least 10 aux units. I did that but still only received a MV, if you know why please let me know.

Thanks!

Again I really appreciate all the attention my channel seems to be getting and all the enthusiasm and feedback I have been receiving. I am hoping to continue this momentum, but things may slow down as my wife and I have started homeschooling as we want to be able to take an extensive break when baby #9 arrives in late September.

Exciting times at the Ponderossa, so stay tuned and as always...

Stay Lutheran My Friends :mrgreen:
goose_2

dalfrede
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by dalfrede »

goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:41 pm Sorry that I am spoiling the end, but I do not understand something. I was required to bring like 5 units into Bastogne, and survive with at least 10 aux units. I did that but still only received a MV, if you know why please let me know.
I have not viewed the end of your Bastogne play, you haven't posted it yet.
But you have the DV requirement WRONG. It is 10x 101st Airborne units not 10x Aux units that have to survive.
There comes a time on every project when it is time to shoot the engineer and ship the damn thing.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

dalfrede wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:09 pm
goose_2 wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:41 pm Sorry that I am spoiling the end, but I do not understand something. I was required to bring like 5 units into Bastogne, and survive with at least 10 aux units. I did that but still only received a MV, if you know why please let me know.
I have not viewed the end of your Bastogne play, you haven't posted it yet.
But you have the DV requirement WRONG. It is 10x 101st Airborne units not 10x Aux units that have to survive.
Oh Man, thanks for the clarification, yeah I needed to be more attentive to those directions as I was rather brutal with my treatment of the 101st

:oops: :oops: :oops: :P :roll: :twisted: :mrgreen:
goose_2

goose_2

ACK! Dijon

Post by goose_2 »

I looked ahead at what I am facing in the future on my Ultimate Difficulty.

I think I found the map that will be impossible to complete and will shut me down from continuing on.

Dijon
6 Objectives in 13 Turns . I have yet to see anyone take 6 objectives on any difficulty level in 6 turns. (Yes I did get a Decisive, barely with a final use of savescumming for the win, but that was just Guderian, this is all 5 actively working against me.

Any thoughts on how I can capture 6 Objectives on that huge map in just 13 Rounds? Please help.
goose_2

huckc
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: ACK! Dijon

Post by huckc »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:53 pm I looked ahead at what I am facing in the future on my Ultimate Difficulty.

I think I found the map that will be impossible to complete and will shut me down from continuing on.

Dijon
6 Objectives in 13 Turns . I have yet to see anyone take 6 objectives on any difficulty level in 6 turns. (Yes I did get a Decisive, barely with a final use of savescumming for the win, but that was just Guderian, this is all 5 actively working against me.

Any thoughts on how I can capture 6 Objectives on that huge map in just 13 Rounds? Please help.
I think you'll also want to capture the tank in the south together with one of the victory hexes. There's an undefended airfield next to it so maybe fly two infantry units down to get the tank then swing around to capture the lightly defended victory hex in the very south.
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

huckc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 pm
goose_2 wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:53 pm I looked ahead at what I am facing in the future on my Ultimate Difficulty.

Dijon

I think you'll also want to capture the tank in the south together with one of the victory hexes. There's an undefended airfield next to it so maybe fly two infantry units down to get the tank then swing around to capture the lightly defended victory hex in the very south.
Oh My Gosh

This is exactly what I was looking for.... Thank you so much for this, because this wraps my mind with how I can make this difficult battle perhaps feasible.
goose_2

TSPC37730
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Elite Panzer IIIL

Post by TSPC37730 »

goose_2 wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:22 pm
huckc wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:06 pm

Dijon

Oh My Gosh

This is exactly what I was looking for.... Thank you so much for this, because this wraps my mind with how I can make this difficult battle perhaps feasible.
I think I'd do it the other way. Use two FJ units to capture the objective first, then go get the tank. Better to have the win first. The tank is gravy.

Use caution though. If you're making good progress towards your objectives, the AI may spawn an unmanageable amount of units around that southern town, making taking it impossible. In fact, I imagine spawning will be a huge problem with this scenario. You'll have to bypass many non-objective towns, and the AI will spawn units after your main force has passed by. Leaving a few damaged units in the captured objectives as emergency defense forces may be an idea. A challenge no matter how you approach it at this level though. Good luck!
goose_2

Weekend Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

Ok here is where the channel is at as of this weekend.

I was gone all weekend helping my eldest son move into his new apartment out of state. 3 flights of stairs... :(

So very tired and absolutely no game time after the liveplay I was able to enjoy with Storm Eagle 1:

I am feeling pretty good about my plan for Dijon, and am feeling ready to start Sedan this week on my Ultimate Campaign.

I have started Palestine/Jerusalem scenario, and it is going very well, and will be finishing up this week, I hope.

Manstein, I have been preparing for Budapest 45 and feel just about ready to start, which will probably get to this weekend.

US Corps next mission is something I haven't even begun to wrap my mind around, and it will probably be sometime next week before I can even begin to attempt.

As such my broadcasts are almost completely caught up and as such I will slow down my uploads to give me time to get back on schedule. I just had no energy to do anything when I came home late Sunday, or this morning when I woke up. So, hoping to get to my Lutheran podcast next and then get back to some game uploads
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

So after four months of not playing PzC, I have to say Remagen is for real cat lovers... :)

It's doable… although I had to drastically change my initial/first approach…

And I am also sure this can be played in a better way, i.e. without any losses!
Attachments
(05.08.2019) Remagen, Turn 18 DV.zip
(86.52 KiB) Downloaded 71 times
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:43 pm So after four months of not playing PzC, I have to say Remagen is for real cat lovers... :)

It's doable… although I had to drastically change my initial/first approach…

And I am also sure this can be played in a better way, i.e. without any losses!
So happy to see this Pete. I am sick of trying to fool youtube with the false gifs with bunnies and cats. It is not working and it is frustrating me, making me join the thing that Lt Joker put out on his channel.

I may need to consider twitch or something/ :(

But thanks Pete for spearheading this, I will not be able to watch your playthrough but happy to hear it is doable.
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

Thanks! If you like, I can send the file to you after your playthrough, nothing special so... these endgame maps are a lot about focus I think... ;)
goose_2

Post by goose_2 »

PeteMitchell_2 wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:01 am Thanks! If you like, I can send the file to you after your playthrough, nothing special so... these endgame maps are a lot about focus I think... ;)
That would be great, I love watching other people handling these maps.

(Not any online, but mine) ;)

I was inspired by you and started Houffalize this morning since I busted through the rest of Palestine/Jerusalem in Afrika Korps Playthrough

latest post found here:

Well it is not going the best. I have already lost my +3 Def Panther. The enemy tanks just decimate most of my stuff. All except my AT's which can take a hit or 2 but that is about it, since they are pretty much glass cannons.

If this keeps up I am in trouble.

But I will keep going from here.

Preparing to start Sedan soon, and almost ready for Budapest 45, so all I need now is playtime. Why sleep right?
goose_2

goose_2

Crazy Update: ON Ultimate Playthrough.

Post by goose_2 »

Quick Update on my Ultimate Playthrough...

I played the middle part of Sedan last night and it is going very well. I am confident I will be able to finish with the needed Marginal.

Here is the latest post for The Hague:

But last night I was awarded a 2nd Hero for Oleh Dir...keep in mind most of my units do not even have a single hero, but Oleh Dir now has a +1 Movement Hero. REALLY? He does not need anymore movement, but it is what I got so I am keeping it and moving forward.

I have decided to do both a French and a British playthrough and keep whichever garners me the best results.

I was asked an interesting question yesterday on one of my Videos for the Ultimate playthrough.

What is my plan for the future, because my viewer sees me making it to about 43, but does not see anyway for me to continue in 44 and 45.

I agree, I am playing bare bones for this one, going whole hog for my investment in Sedan by using almost all of my prestige. This will kill me in the later years, but feel it is necessary to keep moving forward.

I guess I will be surprised to make it to 44 and 45 seems like a pipedream, but that is the point isn't it? To see what is possible at the highest levels. They told us about an Ultimate Difficulty and it will eventually break me, but enjoying the ride so far.

To be honest I was surprised to make it past 39, so everything after that is gravy. The next most difficult battle will be Dijon, but I feel I may have a good plan for execution. Hopefully. :oops: :oops: :P :mrgreen:

Thanks again for all the encouragement and interest in my favorite game ever.
goose_2

goose_2

Re: Weekend Channel Update:

Post by goose_2 »

This weekend went well with playthroughs

Storm Eagle and I are having tremendous back and forth on our mp match. I try to use the time between matches to detail my overall strategy in mp using our Steamroller playthrough as the back drop, I also give a sneak peak of the replay of Sedan on the Ultimate Playthrough which will start going up this week. ;)

Here are both sides of the battle so far:

Here is his side which is in German, I have not watched, but I found his other playthrough on there and I do not need to speak German to know I upset him. ;) (This battle he is doing much better than me by destroying important units of mine, but I have more territory than he has...currently.

Next week it will be finishing up Blood and Sand as well as starting Fortress Helm, I think. :?.

Single Player Update:

Afrika Korps:

I have finished Jerusalem/Palestine, and am still preparing for Syria. I want to plan it out right, but unsure what is the best way to go about it. (Hoping to start soon though because I am almost out of posts for Jerusalem/Palestine battle.)

The last try of The Hague is up, but I needed to replay that part of the battle off screen because I accidentally recorded over my playthrough, and I did not want to reshoot the last few days yet again. (I ended up save scumming like a banshee to try and see if I could pull off a Marginal Victory. I succeeded, but it cost me. That is the point I pick up from for the Sedan playthrough which I go all out to get the needed Marginal.

Grand Campaign 45 East Manstein:

Budapest has been started and it is slow going as I only had time to play a single day this morning. This is a very tricky battle especially at this difficulty, but I am very pleased with where it is going so far.

1st post should come on Thursday.

Finished Houffalize this weekend and it was brutal, I lost like 4 units and even save scummed one counter attack because I got super frustrated. I do not understand why I play so foolishly when I play blind, but I feel like such a newb when I play these battles for the first time.

I have hit 75 subscribers so thanks for all the interest and comments.

Thanks for watching
goose_2

PeteMitchell
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I

Post by PeteMitchell »

goose_2 wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:54 pm Blind Playthrough of US Corps 44-45:

Finished Houffalize this weekend and it was brutal, I lost like 4 units and even save scummed one counter attack because I got super frustrated. I do not understand why I play so foolishly when I play blind, but I feel like such a newb when I play these battles for the first time.
I agree, playing fully blind is the REAL thing, very difficult indeed! :)
goose_2

Quick Update ?? For Syria Upgrades/Purchases

Post by goose_2 »

Ok I am about to start Syria and here are my thoughts of purchases/upgrades before I start the battle.

Ok I can update my Italian tanks from the M14/41 to the M14/42 but it is only 3 scenarios before I can upgrade to the even better P26/40 that would be great to overstrength at the much cheaper rate of the M14/41 cost than the more costly 42.
1) I am thinking about upgrading only 1 of the Italian tanks and leave the other at the weaker tank for a future upgrade as my Italian tanks are used as finish up units. Thoughts?

2) Speaking of 3 scenarios...I am thinking of buying another Italian Fighter, but it is only 3 scenarios before I can upgrade to the better Centauro fighter, which is not an in family upgrade. So here is what I am thinking...Buy the super cheap CR.42 Falco to work on hitting only mines on the map in unseen areas so that I remain untouched and build up needed experience to upgrade to the better Fighter 3 scenarios later with hopefully 1 or 2 stars experience. Thoughts?

3) Upgrading my newly awarded +3 Att 75 mm towed artillery to a 105mm arty rather than the 155mm that I was initially considering. Here is my reasoning.
a) I want to upgrade to a 3 range artillery so I can hit more targets than I currently hit with the 2 range artillery.
b) I want the 105mm arty because I will Overstrengthen at 75 mm before I upgrade for the lower cost, but if I upgraded to the 155mm arty I would fire on units with 2 less hits than with the 105mm because of the .9 rof for 155mm arty.
Thoughts?

4) I am going to buy 1 more Italian 88 to increase the AA coverage that I have available on the field.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts on these upgrades and new purchases. Let me know if you think I should buy/bring anything else for this battle.

I hope to start this weekend, if not before.
goose_2

Return to “Panzer Corps”