Master Fletcher, Armorsmith, etc

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

Beorn
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Master Fletcher, Armorsmith, etc

Post by Beorn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:03 pm

In-game, these structures say they offer a "custom effect."

Grognerd's Guide says:
"One random ranged unit located in the region will be issued "Reflex Bows" (or the equivalent for slings and javelins) and have its Attack, Defense and Movement stats buffed by +1 each turn."
and
" you park military units in it's region, and each turn, one unit chosen at random is given "Noric Steel Armor" and has it Defense stat buffed by +1. You'll be able to see the buff in the unit description, with a "(+1)" notation next to the stat."

But I am not seeing this happen in-game (unless the this effect is itself rather rare, such that parking several qualified units in that region for 20 turns might yield no effect."

Does anyone know for sure how these buildings work?

jimwinsor
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad
Sergeant Major - SdKfz 234/2 8Rad

Re: Master Fletcher, Armorsmith, etc

Post by jimwinsor » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:05 pm

If there's an instance of them not working as intended, Pocus will probably want to take a look at a save game ...
Streaming as "Grognerd" on Twitch! https://www.twitch.tv/grognerd

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Mon Jul 29, 2019 5:44 pm

I have the one for cavalry but have not seen any msg for upgrade or any indication it has ever happened (playing as Sparta).

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:29 pm

the cavalry one definitely works, I've one in my current game. Station suitable units in the hex, if it upgrades there is a symbol in the region and in the message log (if you set this to average)

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 pm

I have also the fletcher and when I've checked my Cretans, they indeed gained a combat point. But nothing in their info indicates this happened.

I've not seen any msgs. When you say "set this to average," can explain what to set to average, where it is, etc.? I've looked for this more than once and couldn't find it.

Beorn
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Beorn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:06 pm

loki100 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:29 pm
the cavalry one definitely works, I've one in my current game. Station suitable units in the hex, if it upgrades there is a symbol in the region and in the message log (if you set this to average)
How frequently does one upgrade?
Is there some indication on the expanded unit card?

Blathergut
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by Blathergut » Mon Jul 29, 2019 7:51 pm

Each turn one unit gained a combat point. No, I didn't see any info on the card.

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 pm

yes one unit per turn - note if your allies are in the region they can steal the upgrade.

the message log tells you which unit (as above set this to average), open the unit's detailed screen and you'll see their defence line as something like 5(+1), the +1 indicates the benefit of the upgrade

loki100
Major - Jagdpanther
Major - Jagdpanther

Post by loki100 » Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:25 pm

Blathergut wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:36 pm
I have also the fletcher and when I've checked my Cretans, they indeed gained a combat point. But nothing in their info indicates this happened.

I've not seen any msgs. When you say "set this to average," can explain what to set to average, where it is, etc.? I've looked for this more than once and couldn't find it.
look at the message panel at the bottom of the screen, change message priority from important to average ... you're good to go

Beorn
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Beorn » Mon Jul 29, 2019 9:59 pm

loki100 wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 8:24 pm
yes one unit per turn - note if your allies are in the region they can steal the upgrade.

the message log tells you which unit (as above set this to average), open the unit's detailed screen and you'll see their defence line as something like 5(+1), the +1 indicates the benefit of the upgrade
Trouble is that I have been seeing that right along. As best as I can tell, that is terrain related. But I am not sure.

vakarr
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2
2nd Lieutenant - Panzer IVF/2

Post by vakarr » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:31 am

If nothing else happens at an upgrade site, it is shown by a helmet icon on the map. Moving your mouse over that icon will show which unit got upgraded. I've got Master Fletcher X 3, Master Armourer X 1 plus the one that improves horses and they all work. At first I thought the Master Armourer only improved heavy infantry, but he also improved a cataphract and a regular infantry unit.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”