Order of Battle moves East on August 8th!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

SharonC
Slitherine
Slitherine

Order of Battle moves East on August 8th!

Post by SharonC »

Order of Battle: Red Star, the first expansion of a planned trilogy covering the full extent of WWII from the Soviet point of view, is coming on August 8th.

Be ready to command the Soviet Army through a new exciting theater of war! Red Star covers the battles of the Red Army in the years 1938-41.

Mark the date into your calendar, the Soviet Army is approaching!

calmhatchery
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Re: Order of Battle moves East on August 8th!

Post by calmhatchery »

so excited !!! :)
GUNDOBALDO08
Sergeant Major - Armoured Train

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 »

You want waste my holidays starting August 9th... 🤨
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

I currently play OOB 7.1.6 on my PC, but if I install Red Star will it auto-update me to 7.1.8?
Reason I ask is because I don't want 7.1.8 until the graphics bugs are fixed.
kondi754
General - Elite King Tiger
General - Elite King Tiger

Post by kondi754 »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:43 pm I currently play OOB 7.1.6 on my PC, but if I install Red Star will it auto-update me to 7.1.8?
Reason I ask is because I don't want 7.1.8 until the graphics bugs are fixed.
If you install Red Star then you will have version 8.0.6 on your PC I suppose, besides (from what I know :wink: ) graphic bugs have been fixed with the new DLC
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

kondi754 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:58 pm If you install Red Star then you will have version 8.0.6 on your PC I suppose, besides (from what I know :wink: ) graphic bugs have been fixed with the new DLC
Thanks, my tactic will therefore be not to install Red Star until people have played it for a while and declared it (and 8.0.6) bug-free.
(After all, when 7.1.8 was released I immediately updated without waiting, and found the graphics were screwed up, lesson learnt)..;)
Retributarr
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Retributarr »

PoorOldSpike wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:55 pm
kondi754 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:58 pm If you install Red Star then you will have version 8.0.6 on your PC I suppose, besides (from what I know :wink: ) graphic bugs have been fixed with the new DLC
Thanks, my tactic will therefore be not to install Red Star until people have played it for a while and declared it (and 8.0.6) bug-free.
(After all, when 7.1.8 was released I immediately updated without waiting, and found the graphics were screwed up, lesson learnt..;)
"lesson learnt..."
Which remindes me of an old saying... "Fool Me Once!...Shame On Me!...Fool Me Twice!!...Shame On You!!".

And to further on this...another quip!.
"I know that you believe that you think you understand what you think I said, but!...I'm not sure you realize...that what you heard...is not what I meant?".
vijayasree5
Private First Class - Opel Blitz
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Post by vijayasree5 »

Super Cool :D
robertahyuk

Post by robertahyuk »

Is there going to be an update patch for those of us that aren't really interested in Red Star? Or will we have to buy it to get the new version???
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

robertahyuk wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:00 pm Is there going to be an update patch for those of us that aren't really interested in Red Star?
This has been modus operandi for recent DLC; that is, releasing a patch that enables the purchase of the new DLC but also corrects certain lingering bugs. One of which is the graphical unit distortions that were introduced with 7.1.8; it has been reported in beta that this has been resolved with the version they were using. This is just an observation, however, and not an official statement.
- Bru

Return to “News & Announcements”