Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Field of Glory: Empires is a grand strategy game in which you will have to move in an intricate and living tapestry of nations and tribes, each one with their distinctive culture.
Set in Europe and in the Mediterranean Area during the Classical Age, experience what truly means to manage an Empire.

Moderator: Pocus

desertedfox
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Re: Field of Diplomacy - Calling Players for an MP game

Post by desertedfox »

MARVIN_THE_ARVN wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:59 pm Just had a mooch at Bactria and I can see that unrest is going to be an issue :lol: Should be fun to try and keep the plebs in line.
The floggings will continue until morale improves!!!!!!
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

MARVIN_THE_ARVN wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:59 pm Just had a mooch at Bactria and I can see that unrest is going to be an issue :lol: Should be fun to try and keep the plebs in line.

Marvin you will enjoy them but they are not easy ....they are they most rebellious miserable citizens I have come across :D

In one of my MP games I was landed with a totally incompetent leader....within a couple of years unrest was growing and after five the mob beat him to death in the square of the Capital along with his bodyguard......

Three years later they murdered his successor who was somewhat more competent and they remain fractious to this day 😂

If you take on the Bactrians check your life insurance policy 😉

Remember they are a client state of the Seleucids so unless or until you break away from them in your independence struggle you cannot have an independent foreign policy so are unable to expand your borders unless the Seleucids attack the Saka or war with Maurya breaks out.

It is a very different kind of challenge but I am enjoying it.
MARVIN_THE_ARVN
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL
Sergeant First Class - Panzer IIIL

Post by MARVIN_THE_ARVN »

desertedfox wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 4:05 pm
The floggings will continue until morale improves!!!!!!
:lol:

Devoncop, yeah, I look forward to seeing if I can beat your record of 5 turns for a leader change due to the mob.
"I'll gladly trade you some ARVN rifles, never been fired and only dropped once"
Geffalrus
Lieutenant Colonel - Panther D

Post by Geffalrus »

The game is now posted and ready for joining. PW will be en route by PM. I'll start on Monday, or earlier if everyone who commented reserving a faction signs on.
We should all Stand With Ukraine. 🇺🇦 ✊
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

The Senate will be sending out envoys very shortly to establish mutually beneficial arrangements going forward with other honourable leaders......
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:36 pm The Senate will be sending out envoys very shortly to establish mutually beneficial arrangements going forward with other honourable leaders......
What about us dishonorable ones? :wink:
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

Hello from the Celts of France where we fine dine with blood and human skulls as opposed to wine and snails.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

Geffalrus wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:08 pm
devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:36 pm The Senate will be sending out envoys very shortly to establish mutually beneficial arrangements going forward with other honourable leaders......
What about us dishonorable ones? :wink:

Rome can bring civilisation to most dishonourable nations.

In the case of the Antigonids however that would be a task more in the category of a miracle so we would hand that one over to the God Appollo.......... :wink:
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:11 pm Hello from the Celts of France where we fine dine with blood and human skulls as opposed to wine and snails.
Greetings from the Senate........it sounds like your nation may be another task for Appollo :D
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:17 pm Greetings from the Senate........it sounds like your nation may be another task for Appollo :D
We could be friends!.. Until it's time to murder each other.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

13obo wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:20 pm
devoncop wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:17 pm Greetings from the Senate........it sounds like your nation may be another task for Appollo :D
We could be friends!.. Until it's time to murder each other.
Sounds like a bad marriage :-) :shock:
ToussaintLouverture
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by ToussaintLouverture »

I'll take Armenia if it's still free. (Or any other country if there's a preference.)
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 7:09 pm Sounds interesting. Count me in please.
As I havnt played a lot so far, I dont have any strong preference. Ptolemies or Carthage would be nations with some interesting perspective in the game I think.
Hello! The challenge has been created. We need a strong Ptolemeus to keep the south fun.
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

The old and glorious Empire of Egypt, the cradle of culture, that already has its place in history of mankind, greets the young nations all in the world that try to find they way to glory and to a place in history. May you become adult and a nation being remembered in future.

Special greetings to our neighbour in the west, Carthage, that might have a remarkable future in sight while others may be a weak glimmer in history of nations, like these hardly known ones in the north of the earth, somewhere across the great sea. May peace and trade between our nations be all we have to care about

Greetings to the states in Greek, that had seen a short period of glory before it is all over again now. Greetings to the people in Italy like the Etruscians, Senones, the people or Tarentum and those of some smaller and hardly known city states in Italy.
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:23 pm The old and glorious Empire of Egypt, the cradle of culture, that already has its place in history of mankind, greets the young nations all in the world that try to find they way to glory and to a place in history. May you become adult and a nation being remembered in future.

Special greetings to our neighbour in the west, Carthage, that might have a remarkable future in sight while others may be a weak glimmer in history of nations, like these hardly known ones in the north of the earth, somewhere across the great sea. May peace and trade between our nations be all we have to care about

Greetings to the states in Greek, that had seen a short period of glory before it is all over again now. Greetings to the people in Italy like the Etruscians, Senones, the people or Tarentum and those of some smaller and hardly known city states in Italy.
Excellent roleplay! Now join so we can murder each other.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 6:23 pm The old and glorious Empire of Egypt, the cradle of culture, that already has its place in history of mankind, greets the young nations all in the world that try to find they way to glory and to a place in history. May you become adult and a nation being remembered in future.

Did you forget Rome ?

Or was this a deliberate slight ?
RufusTFirefly
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by RufusTFirefly »

devoncop wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Did you forget Rome ?

Ah, Rome, yes.
It is mentioned: "... and those of some smaller and hardly known city states in Italy." Rome is somewhere included here.
Greetings, Ptolemeus
13obo
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser

Post by 13obo »

We're good to go! All major nations (and rome) are in. Let's get this turn-based party started.
devoncop
Sr. Colonel - Battleship
Sr. Colonel - Battleship

Post by devoncop »

RufusTFirefly wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 10:06 pm
devoncop wrote: Sat Aug 03, 2019 8:14 pm

Did you forget Rome ?

Ah, Rome, yes.
It is mentioned: "... and those of some smaller and hardly known city states in Italy." Rome is somewhere included here.
Greetings, Ptolemeus

For far too long and far too often once great Empires, declining into decadent corruption fail to treat seriously the young up and coming dynamic nations of the future until their soldiers are at the gilded gates of the Palace and the once proud navy of ancient renown lies rotting on the ocean bed.....😉
Geffalrus

Post by Geffalrus »

We're gonna wait a little longer for Epirus to join up. If Morbio does later tonight (East Coast US time) then I'll start it before I go to bed.

Otherwise, I'll do it when I get a chance tomorrow, which could be any time since I have to drive from NYC to Virginia on Sunday. Just be patient, and I promise I'll get this started once - all - the indicated players who posted in this thread have signed up.

Return to “Field of Glory: Empires”