Moderators: Order of Battle Moderators, The Artistocrats

Oetting
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Current Bugs - Version 8.1.0

Post by Oetting »

Hi there,

just wondering if i can start a Bug collection (Steam version):

1. still existing issue within in the Main menu: You cant reach the Singleplayer/Multiplayer/... buttons after the Game started in Fullscreen.
-> Solution: Still Alt-Tab to Desktop and back then you can touch the controls

2. German spoken: Well, scenario description is missing (scenario_descr), also the briefing for the 1st battle (briefing_2_0 to 2_4) and the new specs have no translation either. Missing translations for objectives too, which makes it way difficult to play the game in german :? :)
Oh, and there is a tank called unit_2265, arty called unit_2281 & unit_2272. For AA there is a unit_2268 and the the only Tac-Bomber is unit_2273.

Not really Big Deals (except the mission goals)

Update: Same for the non Steam version
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Re: Current Bugs - Version 8.1.0

Post by fsx »

I use the non-steam version.
In all scenario directories only text_english.txt is available. All other languages missing.
I copied the text_english.txt to text_german.txt to see mission objectives.
The directory is similar to "c:\Slitherine\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Campaigns\12Soviet\Scenarios\<scenario_name>"
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

Wow, you're right about that and I can confirm it for the downloaded version as well. Campaign level has English, French, German, Russian, and Spanish but only the text_english file in each of the scenario folders.

Well, it could be an oversight; it could be needing to meet the August 8 release deadline and the other language files will catch up eventually; or it could be a decision to go with English-only from this point on, seeing as how that's become lingua franca in the gaming world. I imagine the translations into five languages is a major undertaking for each DLC.

We'll have to wait and see.
- Bru
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by makigono1 »

Apologies if this is a known issue, however, I searched for the rather obvious title of 'reposition units' and found nothing.

Setup: Game has 3d World enabled. In the scenario editor, with several friendly units placed on the map.
1.) Create a trigger set to: Movement Event>Unit Near Hex (select target hex and select target unit)>Reposition Units (Select same target unit, select adjacent hex to original target hex)
2.) Save and launch scenario
3.) Move target unit to target hex.
4.) Note that unit's 3d model remains in the target hex, but it is not actually there. (Mousing over the unit's image will demonstrate this.)
5.) Mouse over hex to which unit should have been repositioned. Note that unit is actually there, but invisible.
6.) Advance to next turn
7.) Select invisible unit and direct it to move to another hex.
Observed: that the unit magically reappears and moves to the new hex.
Expected: The unit's model is always in the location where the unit actually is.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

makigono1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 am Apologies if this is a known issue, however, I searched for the rather obvious title of 'reposition units' and found nothing.

Setup: Game has 3d World enabled. In the scenario editor, with several friendly units placed on the map.
1.) Create a trigger set to: Movement Event>Unit Near Hex (select target hex and select target unit)>Reposition Units (Select same target unit, select adjacent hex to original target hex)
4.) Note that unit's 3d model remains in the target hex, but it is not actually there. (Mousing over the unit's image will demonstrate this.)
5.) Mouse over hex to which unit should have been repositioned. Note that unit is actually there, but invisible.
6.) Advance to next turn
Expected: The unit's model is always in the location where the unit actually is.
I think this effect "Reposition Units" is not meant to be used in your case.
What is the point of moving a unit instantly from one place to another ?
We’re not in Star Trek, we’re in a ww2 strategy game. Teleportation is not yet a specialization available :wink:
It is better to use the Trigger Event < Turn Start > than < Move Event > for the Effect "Reposition Units" :idea:
Last edited by terminator on Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Wrecks of the new Soviet units :(

Screenshot 107.jpg
Screenshot 107.jpg (354.3 KiB) Viewed 3457 times
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

I forgot the wrecks of the 2 soviet German tanks captured :

Screenshot 110.jpg
Screenshot 110.jpg (63.74 KiB) Viewed 3453 times
makigono1
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G
Senior Corporal - Ju 87G

Post by makigono1 »

Sadly, Turn Start won't do. It has to be Move Event, for my purposes. Besides, a graphical issue is a graphical issue. I didn't say it was a terribly important one, of course. But thanks for the suggestion.
terminator wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 5:38 am
makigono1 wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 7:10 am Apologies if this is a known issue, however, I searched for the rather obvious title of 'reposition units' and found nothing.

6.) Advance to next turn
I think this effect "Reposition Units" is not meant to be used in your case.
What is the point of moving a unit instantly from one place to another ?
We’re not in Star Trek, we’re in a ww2 strategy game. Teleportation is not yet a specialization available :wink:
It is better to use the Trigger Event < Turn Start > than < Move Event > for the Effect "Reposition Units" :idea:
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

"...\Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Language\german_7.txt" (non-steam)

spec_panzer_keil_title = Panzerkeil
spec_panzer_keil_descr = Bei dieser offensiven Panzerformation nehmen die Panzer eine keilförmige Aufstellung ein. Die schwersten Panzer bilden die Spitze und schützen damit die verwundbareren Panzer vor feindlichem Beschuss.
spec_panzer_4_effect = • Beim Angriff erhalten Panzer einen Verteidigungsbonus von verbündeten Panzern, die an sie und das Angriffsziel angrenzen und die Eigenschaft "Schwergewicht" aufweisen.

Missed text in german version

right text key (my guess): spec_panzer_keil_effect
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

fsx wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:51 am Missed text in german version

right text key (my guess): spec_panzer_keil_effect
Thx, good catch. This seems to be a translation mishap. It looks fine in english and few other languages, but indeed the problem is in german and spanish versions. Should be easy to fix.
fsx
Warhammer Moderator
Warhammer Moderator

Post by fsx »

"..Order of Battle - WWII\Order of Battle - WW2_64_Data\Content\Campaigns\8Panzerkrieg\Scenarios\07_Caucasus"

englisch
objective2_2_1 = Capture 1 primary VP in 15 turns
objective2_2_1_award = Failing to advance quickly through Soviet territory will allow the enemy time to sabotage some oil facilities.
objective2_2_2 = Capture 2 primary VPs in 25 turns
objective2_2_2_award = Failing to advance quickly through Soviet territory will allow the enemy time to sabotage some oil facilities.

german: (10 turn - 1 secondary VP [no sec VP on the map], 20 turns - 2 prim. VP)
same on all (?) non-englisch languages!!

objective2_2_1 = Erobern Sie innerhalb von 10 Runden 1 sekundäres Siegfeld
objective2_2_1_award = Wenn es Ihnen nicht gelingt, schnell durch das sowjetische Territorium vorzurücken, wird der Feind genügend Zeit für die Zerstörung der Erdölförderanlagen haben.
objective2_2_2 = Erobern Sie innerhalb von 20 Runden 2 primäre Siegfelder
objective2_2_2_award = Wenn es Ihnen nicht gelingt, schnell durch das sowjetische Territorium vorzurücken, wird der Feind genügend Zeit für die Zerstörung der Erdölförderanlagen haben.
bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

Thx. The english version is certainly the correct one. We see to change the rest so they're having the same descriptions.
GabeKnight
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040
Lieutenant-General - Karl-Gerat 040

Post by GabeKnight »

I'm not absolutely certain why, but the "Hold 3 secondary for 2 - FAIL" trigger in the RedStar/09-Raseiniai scen does not work. I guess the check turn alliance has to be changed.
Test: Play as standalone scen, don't deploy any core forces and let the scen run. On turn two the Germans take usually the middle sec. VP and nothing happens (to make sure they capture it, you can move the inf. out and the cavalry into the city). You can then capture it back on the player's turn and the objective gets awarded as "completed".

Please check and fix.

As a side note I must congratulate you on the AI setup in this DLC. :D
I don't think I've experienced such a fast and flawless AI execution since the original Pacific DLCs. I'm at the Raseiniai scen at the moment and I did not notice any AI thinking times to speak of. Endsieg was catastrophic in that regard.
Oleksandr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Oleksandr »

Did anyone notice that enemy infantry heads (or helmets) are now visible when they are moving through forests in the fog of war? Playing Endsieg now, and noticed this behaviour from soviet troops. Kind of gamebreaking ((( Can't capture on screenshot for some reason
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Oleksandr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am Did anyone notice that enemy infantry heads (or helmets) are now visible when they are moving through forests in the fog of war? Playing Endsieg now, and noticed this behaviour from soviet troops. Kind of gamebreaking ((( Can't capture on screenshot for some reason
Screenshot = F9 :idea:
Oleksandr
Corporal - Strongpoint
Corporal - Strongpoint

Post by Oleksandr »

terminator wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:27 pm
Oleksandr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am Did anyone notice that enemy infantry heads (or helmets) are now visible when they are moving through forests in the fog of war? Playing Endsieg now, and noticed this behaviour from soviet troops. Kind of gamebreaking ((( Can't capture on screenshot for some reason
yes, I tried to do it that way, but it seems that the engine cannot take screenshots during movement, so there is a delay and I can't capture this bug...

Same thing just happened with a soviet light tank - the tank could be seen during movement through forest in the fog of war
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 pm I'm not absolutely certain why, but the "Hold 3 secondary for 2 - FAIL" trigger in the RedStar/09-Raseiniai scen does not work..
It worked for me mate (below) unless I've misunderstood you.
PS- this was the standalone scen.

bebro
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by bebro »

GabeKnight wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 11:57 pm I'm not absolutely certain why, but the "Hold 3 secondary for 2 - FAIL" trigger in the RedStar/09-Raseiniai scen does not work. I guess the check turn alliance has to be changed.
Thx, haven't looked yet, but will do certainly.
PoorOldSpike
Colonel - Ju 88A
Colonel - Ju 88A

Post by PoorOldSpike »

Oleksandr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:56 am Did anyone notice that enemy infantry heads (or helmets) are now visible when they are moving through forests in the fog of war? Playing Endsieg now, and noticed this behaviour from soviet troops. Kind of gamebreaking ((( Can't capture on screenshot for some reason..
..Same thing just happened with a soviet light tank - the tank could be seen during movement through forest in the fog of war
I've just played all 13 Red Star 810 standalone scens and never noticed any bugs or glitches of any kind, everything was perfect.
Which scenario are you playing in Endsieg?
I'll play it now and let you know if I spot the bugs you mentioned.
terminator
Field Marshal - Elefant
Field Marshal - Elefant

Post by terminator »

Oleksandr wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:52 pm
terminator wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:27 pm
yes, I tried to do it that way, but it seems that the engine cannot take screenshots during movement, so there is a delay and I can't capture this bug...

Same thing just happened with a soviet light tank - the tank could be seen during movement through forest in the fog of war
Maybe try this :

x1UJCOlwgfKpX4hzmmXrlaZoVGmt-clavier.jpg
x1UJCOlwgfKpX4hzmmXrlaZoVGmt-clavier.jpg (130.4 KiB) Viewed 3219 times

Return to “Order of Battle : World War II - Tech Support”