‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Order of Battle is a series of operational WW2 games starting with the Pacific War and then on to Europe!

Moderators: The Artistocrats, Order of Battle Moderators

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:32 pm

Hi guys,
before it will be too later in relation to scheduled work, I would suggest our wishlist to devs about next soviet dlc.
Here my must important wish issue:
- new 3d in game model and GUI icon of soviet infantry;
- focus on axis non german forces;
- new soviet units: 76mm at gun, t34 flame (OT34), kv1s, t34-57, t70, snipers...
- new german units: pzII F, pzII Lucks, marder IIIM, stug IV and snipers

Any more?

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm

Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
This troops wore steel body armor (breastplates like medieval knights :) ) and they did an amazing work attacking fortifications or during the breaking of the German defense on the main points of Red Army attack (only later mechanized corps entered the battle, in order to use the so-called operational success and broaden the breakthrough area)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GdJtVAmcCBs#normal


Soviet_Assault_Engineers.jpg
Soviet_Assault_Engineers.jpg (255.56 KiB) Viewed 844 times

Erik2
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator
Posts: 6277
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:59 pm
Location: Norway

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by Erik2 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:35 am

Soviet SMG units. These submachine gun units are pretty iconic.
More lend-lease units like Hurricane, US M3 halftrack.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:49 am

yes, lend-lease units, I forgot about it - soviet P39 Airacobra is number 1 :!: , all halftracks (British univ. carrier too) would be welcome, Studebaker truck should replace from 1943 or 44 Soviet GAZ truck as default transport for infantry and light artillery (katyushas too)
GAZ could remains as a platform for AA batteries only

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2994
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by terminator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 am

kondi754 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
This troops wore steel body armor (breastplates like medieval knights :) ) and they did an amazing work attacking fortifications or during the breaking of the German defense on the main points of Red Army attack (only later mechanized corps entered the battle, in order to use the so-called operational success and broaden the breakthrough area)
Steel body armor could be a Specialization for the Soviet Engineers units ?

soviet_soldier_body_armor_194.jpg
soviet_soldier_body_armor_194.jpg (386.26 KiB) Viewed 790 times
Last edited by terminator on Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:59 am

terminator wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:52 am
kondi754 wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:01 pm
Soviet assault engineers units - appeared first time at Smolensk area, August 1943
This troops wore steel body armor (breastplates like medieval knights :) ) and they did an amazing work attacking fortifications or during the breaking of the German defense on the main points of Red Army attack (only later mechanized corps entered the battle, in order to use the so-called operational success and broaden the breakthrough area)
Steel body armor could be a Specialization for the Soviet Engineers units ?
Maybe, but these were completely new assault units, rather like US Rangers or German Pioniers, I wouldn't call them sappers or engineers with armor

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:34 pm

Could be usefull somethink like citizen/people militia or similar (as japanese one) for stalingrad scenario.

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm

I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm

kondi754 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm
I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...

TripleCP
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Senior Corporal - Destroyer
Posts: 100
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by TripleCP » Thu Aug 15, 2019 7:27 pm

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
I though there already was Volksgrenadier and/or Volksturm units in EndSieg, but I don't remember offhand. In the Soviet case it would be Narodnoe Opolcheniye (People's Militia). The best known of these formations were formed for the defense of Moscow and Leningrad (over a dozen divisions in each). A handful of these performed well enough and acquired enough combat experience that they became regular rifle divisions.
https://www.facebook.com/RussianFront75/

terminator
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Major-General - Jagdtiger
Posts: 2994
Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by terminator » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:31 pm

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
The battle of Berlin (16 April – 2 May 1945) was not the last Soviet battle in WW2 :
- The Prague Offensive (6–11 May 1945), the last major military operation of World War II in Europe
- Soviet invasion of Manchuria (9–20 August 1945)

WarHomer
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Staff Sergeant - Kavallerie
Posts: 330
Joined: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:12 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by WarHomer » Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am

GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm
kondi754 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm
I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last. There´s the japs to finish off and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:41 pm

WarHomer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
GUNDOBALDO08 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:21 pm
kondi754 wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:14 pm
I suppose that soviet partisan unit would be much more expected and used in the game
Perhaps some form of workers' militia composed of Stalingrad's factories employees, but it doesn't seem necessary to me, they are enough as auxilliary (pre-deployed) units

I think that it will also be possible to use civilian units in subsequent parts of the game, but much later and in slightly different circumstances...
Obviously the best use of citizen militia will be in battle for Berlin in ‘45, I guess the last scenario of Soviet trilogy...
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last. There´s the japs to finish off and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Not important if Berlin will be the last scenario, very important is that it must be “epic”!!! Im disappointed we can’t play the battle of B. in endsieg from German side, so I hope we can enjoy an extraordinary experience playing from Soviet side!

bebro
The Artistocrats
The Artistocrats
Posts: 2935
Joined: Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:50 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by bebro » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm

Battle of Berlin will certainly be in the Soviet cam.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:52 pm

bebro wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:49 pm
Battle of Berlin will certainly be in the Soviet cam.
Wow, thanks Bebro! 😀

LandMarine47
Major-General - Tiger I
Major-General - Tiger I
Posts: 2423
Joined: Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:44 pm
Location: Texas

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by LandMarine47 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:57 pm

Will there be any scenarios or gameplay elements revolving around order No. 227 and soviet changes in their command structure? It would be interesting to see how this could be implemented in game, either mid scenario or as a specialization.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:54 pm

In order of Soviet Planes my wish for next dlcs is:
Yak 3: the best Soviet fighter of ww2 introducted in 1944, illogically after yak 7 and 9;
P39 and A20 havoc: maybe after acquisition of planes lend lease specification;
Yer 2 and Pe-8: the second was the last 4engine Soviet bomber in ww2

PoorOldSpike
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Captain - Heavy Cruiser
Posts: 909
Joined: Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:06 pm
Location: Plymouth, England

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by PoorOldSpike » Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 am

WarHomer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last...and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Gen George Patton was all for attacking the russkis, he said after VE day-
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across. Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it."
After all, the West had atom bombs, but the Russians didn't have their own til 4 years later, so by not kicking the russkis out of Europe, the west let their chance slip by, and half of Europe remained under the Russian heel for the next 50 years.

GUNDOBALDO08
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Staff Sergeant - StuG IIIF
Posts: 279
Joined: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:07 pm

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by GUNDOBALDO08 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:42 am

PoorOldSpike wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 am
WarHomer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last...and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Gen George Patton was all for attacking the russkis, he said after VE day-
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across. Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it."
After all, the West had atom bombs, but the Russians didn't have their own til 4 years later, so by not kicking the russkis out of Europe, the west let their chance slip by, and half of Europe remained under the Russian heel for the next 50 years.
There was Japs more to win and public opinioni in west Allied country was very tired of war. Million more of deads for Soviet-Allied war could be the way for people revolution in west country so Soviets will gain this “what if” war...

kondi754
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Lieutenant-General - Do 217E
Posts: 3045
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:52 am

Re: ‘41-‘43 soviet dlc wishlist

Post by kondi754 » Sun Aug 18, 2019 9:54 am

PoorOldSpike wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 5:37 am
WarHomer wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:44 am
I really hope Berlin won´t be the last...and I think we´ve all wondered what would have happened if things had come more to a head with the western allies. The Berlin finish has been done to death.
Gen George Patton was all for attacking the russkis, he said after VE day-
"I would have you tell the Red Army where their border is, and give them a limited time to get back across. Warn them that if they fail to do so, we will push them back across it."
After all, the West had atom bombs, but the Russians didn't have their own til 4 years later, so by not kicking the russkis out of Europe, the west let their chance slip by, and half of Europe remained under the Russian heel for the next 50 years.

https://nypost.com/2010/12/19/was-patton-killed/

I don't know if it's true but... :wink:
During the war, there were several mysterious deaths in strange circumstances, eg. plane crash in Gibraltar, in July 1943, where General Sikorski, Prime Minister of the Polish government in exile, died or assasination of Admiral Francois Darlan in Alger, December 1942
Their circumstances and the time of occurrence of these events are puzzling... Each time it was exceptionally suited for powerful people who ruled the world or wanted to rule in the future
Last edited by kondi754 on Sun Aug 18, 2019 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Reply

Return to “Order of Battle Series”