Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

Get all the latest news on Slitherine.

Moderator: Slitherine Core

Daniele
Slitherine
Slitherine

Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

Post by Daniele »

The new site features a range of great new features such as Bundles, Wishlists and a great new Coming Soon section, but also just make a host of quality of life improvements making it easier to find information about your games and making sales and offers clearer. We’ve also revamped the MyPage section to make it easier to manage your library of games, link to your Steam account and get help when you need it.

We are launching the new sites today, for both Slitherine and Matrix Games!

Both sites can be accessed at the same URLs:

Slitherine: www.slitherine.com
Matrix Games: www.matrixgames.com

Although we have been through months of testing, sometimes bugs slip through so if you do encounter any technical issue at all, please let us know and we'll fix them ASAP.

We’re excited to hear what you think of the new site, so let us know on the forum.
wegman58
Private First Class - Opel Blitz

Re: Slitherine & Matrix Games get new Websites!

Post by wegman58 »

Distant Worlds normally synchs with the websites. Didn't happen. And when I tried to get to support from the Matrix side, 504 error.
CaptBeefheart

Post by CaptBeefheart »

Using the Blade browser, the Slitherine site works fine, but for the Matrix site I get:

"400 Bad Request
Request Header Or Cookie Too Large
nginx/1.16.0"

Both sites work fine in Chrome.

Cheers,
CB
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Cb can you try clearing cookies for your blade browser and see if that helps?

Wegman I'm not sure what you mean about DW synching? If you mail support@slitherine.co.uk with your issue they will help you out.
sIg3b
Master Sergeant - U-boat
Master Sergeant - U-boat

Post by sIg3b »

Not all that happy so far. Visited my page and:

1. Have Fog2 Wolves, but it does not appear in My Games list. :cry:
2. Tried to download Magnifico and got an error message. :?:
LeonChappell

Post by LeonChappell »

I'm having problems trying to access my account which looks like it's been replaced by "My Page". I've logged in OK to Forums but have been unable to access "My Page". I can't see anywhere to request a password reminder / change password and if I try to access Support I'm asked to Login (which I can't!) I tried to register but that came up with an invalid request message which possibly means that my email address is in use. I also tried to use the message facility but that came up with
"Attempted to load class "OTRS" from namespace "App\Controller".
Did you forget a "use" statement for "App\Library\OTRS\OTRS"?"
Thanks for your help
LeonChappell

Post by LeonChappell »

Quich update - just managed to log in using a login name as opposed to my email address. Tried to edit my settings to change my password and received the following message "Your account is not connected to the SameLogin."
surfcandy
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38
Corporal - 5 cm Pak 38

Post by surfcandy »

New website is one problem after another.
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback. We're working through a range of issues. The old sites were 20 year old code hanging together by a thread. Replacing all that code, while maintaining backwards compatibility to all existing content is a challenge. We had a 3 month beta test anyone could access but most people prefer not to and so only a subset of users tried it and we fixed any issues they reported. It was a massive job and while more than 99% of things are fine, with so many users, <1% of people having problems is a lot of problems.

It was always going to be a bit painful to move over but once we do there should be far less maintenance issues. We'll get everything sorted so thanks for you patience! It might take a few days to sort out all the problems.
dbeves
Lance Corporal - Panzer IA

Post by dbeves »

So How do I get access to my anniversary coupon ? I have a 50% off one I need to use and there doesnt seem to be a way to do so any more
VPaulus
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by VPaulus »

dbeves wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:18 pm So How do I get access to my anniversary coupon ? I have a 50% off one I need to use and there doesnt seem to be a way to do so any more
In the usual place. Coupons are not displayed in the Member's Area but in SSL site:
https://samelogin.slitherine.com/Accoun ... urnUrl=%2F
JosephM
Slitherine
Slitherine

Post by JosephM »

Hello dbeves,

Let me expand on what Paulo said. The Anniversary Coupons have never been linked to the Member's Area. These are stored in the Unified Login account, so when you are logged in there should be a "Hello <Your Username>!" button in the top right. If you click this you will be brought to the part of the account where you can edit details of the account. On that page there is an option "View my Anniversary Coupons" which when clicked will display the coupons redeemed on the account, so if you go here is it showing the code? If you click on the link in the email and it shows an error, then this is expected, as once the coupon is redeemed on the account or if this is beyond the 30 days from the date the email is sent, then the link in the email deactivates so this is why the "invalid token" message is displaying via the link in the email.

Then to use the code, you need to enter the code in the Coupon Code box and then click “Update” and the cart will refresh to show the discount on the cart. Then you can enter payment information once the price is showing correctly. Please check this forum thread for on how to use a coupon, and if the disocunt does not show before you enter the payment information then please contact Support@slitherine.co.uk where we can help with this, as we cannot refund or amend an order once it has been placed:
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=4269624
dbeves

Post by dbeves »

OK - I found it - but this is very confusing.
Why are they simply not available from my account from the website. I have that bookmarked cause I visit it every day not the unified login page - which seems a contradiction in terms if you have to go somewhere special to see something that should be part of your account ?

While I am here - I have never understood why these vouchers are time limited. You are rewarding me (which is very nice) for 15 years of loyalty - yet you only give me 30 days to spend it. When I pretty much buy everything you release - the coupon become useless to me unless something releases pretty quickly after I receive it.
Mikecat0

Post by Mikecat0 »

It is a website much more about sales and news. But it is not obvious where patches and updates are. That used to be front and center on the page and I could tell at a glance if one of my games needed to be updated. Not now.
Morbio
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier
Brigadier-General - Elite Grenadier

Post by Morbio »

The site shows everything in dollars and there doesn't seem to be a way to make the site realise I live in the UK.

The worst bit is that 'My Account' doesn't show my purchase of FOG: Empires and even when I try to register it (which I have already done) it says the key is invalid.

Please help!
Last edited by Morbio on Mon Aug 19, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
bru888
Order of Battle Moderator
Order of Battle Moderator

Post by bru888 »

It does not show my purchase of Red Star, either, and the links to update files are non-operational.
- Bru
IainMcNeil
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IainMcNeil »

Thanks for the feedback.

The anniversary coupons should be on my page so we'll add that when we get time. Its just another different system that needs to be bolted in so its not simple to do, which is why its not in yet.

The downloads being visible has been requested a few times so we'll have to look for a better way to show that. We didnt get any feedback on that during beta but we'll see what we can do.

The $ is default, but will remember whatever currency you select for future. We are going to make it auto detect your currency. That's on the wish list for the future.
faos333
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger
Colonel - Fallschirmjäger

Post by faos333 »

Great news I just visited new sites, well done it was needed, especially the mobile views which were kind of a problem before. Keep the fine work coming, thanks
Battlefield Europe get the most from Panzer Corps 8)
Download the new 2.4 Mod here http://www.slitherine.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=147&t=47985
avgard

Post by avgard »

The new websites eliminated the old opponents wanted list generic to each game. These lists included a large number of players. Now, opponents wanted is limited to forum listing only. This translates to most of the opponents wanted listed being eliminated. That does not sound like an improvement.
Brambo

Post by Brambo »

Bought a game today but can't get to my games list to retrieve the key, so I can't even see the game I just bought. Submitted a ticket so hopefully you will fix the site or send me the key to the game, Steel Panthers - World at War - Generals Edition.

Return to “News & Announcements”